Movies Like Fly Me to the Moon

82% Welcome to Sweden: Season 1
77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Fly Me to the Moon Reviews

July 23, 2014
Worst movie i've ever seen!
February 15, 2014
This is the equivalent of waiting in a very long queue. Boring and very,very repetitive.
December 20, 2013
A movie so bad that Buzz Aldrin himself said that this never really happened.
Bengel W.
October 19, 2013
A different kind of history lesson for the children that is entertaining and fun. A well written story for the young of mind, tackling entomology, history, astrophysics, engineering, electronics, math, morals, ethics and logic encouraging science to be of interest to children. The characters are simple and well animated with suitable narration allowing the film to unfold. Nibbles: Honey Coated Locusts.
July 9, 2013
This looks incredibly stupid. I think I would hate this movie.
bizzenboom s.
March 30, 2013
Um.......... WHAT THE CUSS IS THIS?! This is a digrace to animated films everywhere! The animation is terrilbly ugly! I can't stand to look at it it's so ugly! The plot is unoriginal, and not to menchine the ANNOYING CHARACTERS!!! I WANNA BUY THE DVD JUST SO I CAN BURN IT.
April 24, 2013
pretty nice animation... but not real thoughts in it..
March 7, 2013
"Nat" (voiced by Trevor Gagnon), along with his brainiac friend "IQ" (voiced by Philip Bolden) and the always hungry "Scooter" (David Gore) are kids with big dreams. They want to be the first flies in space. And what encourages their dreams is the first spacecraft to land on the moon, the Apollo 11, is waiting for its historic trip on the launch pad near where the three hang out.

The first thing you notice is the animation of the film. I found it done very well done. The scenery had depth to it, as things in the distance actually looked like they were behind the focus of the scenes. I didn't see the movie in 3-D, as it was broadcast on HBO. However, I could see that there really wasn't any scenes which took advantage of the 3-D effects except a fight between characters near the end. I also wasn't really impressed with the design of the characters. To me, they didn't look like anything resembling a fly, especially in the coloring. The flies were an unusual blue-gray that was kind of distracting to me.

The performances from the cast was not bad, but it wasn't good either. There were many times I focused more on my computer than the story. The writing was certainly written for a younger audience, with comedic moments that will make younger kids laugh. I saw nothing for adults, like jokes that they'll get the punchline for the adults to understand the meaning.

History was not followed in this film. In fact, I think it was completely ignored, as the main focus was the flies. I also hated when a well known astronaut popped up on the screen and explained that the stories about the flies in the film was a work of fiction, and no flies were on Apollo 11. I did like how he thanked the men and women who sacrificed their lives for space exploration though.

If you are an adult, this is not for you. It was not made for the entire family. This is certainly just for kids. But, save this one for a rainy day.
Bradley T. Johnson
Bradley T. Johnson

February 1, 2013
While it is an interesting film, Fly Me to the Moon is too childish, flatly written and dull for adults and too tedious and slow for kids. Overall Rating: 16
January 28, 2013
A good movie for kids, at the same time related to one of the most historical events!
November 19, 2012
Neither kids nor adults will enjoy this utterly miserable movie.
Jbird
March 1, 2011
Fly Me To The Moon has a few catchy moments. The movie as a whole is quite dull.
October 1, 2012
Don't waste your time. I don't even think the little ones would enjoy it.
September 2, 2012
Abysmally dull "family" film not recommended for anyone over 5.

And the 3D sucks too.
April 3, 2012
It was a cute movie. It would be fun for small kids.
February 27, 2012
Brilliant film, really funny in parts but annoying as it's in 3-D so if you get a headache afterwoods. still a great film ^^
January 15, 2012
kinda cute movie but the limitation iz that U ll like it watchin it once only..
December 12, 2008
A little slow for me, but the daycare really loved it.
msacchit
December 30, 2011
A rather dull and forgettable experience, I bet you'll never guess the soundtrack.
December 28, 2011
I thought it was really cute. A great kids movie, and some of the characters were really funny. Great movie.