66% The Equalizer Sep 26

The Flying Deuces (Flying Aces) Reviews

flixsterman
flixsterman

June 13, 2009
Its Oliver and Stan in the French Foreign Legion. Good clean fun.
Sarah P

March 7, 2011
Ehhhh....
Ken D

June 10, 2007
A pretty funny movie with some decent action sequences. I love watching Stan Laurel's facial reactions and I love the way he starts crying when he gets into trouble. The movie had a very different ending that what I was expecting, which was also pretty good. I liked the ending.
theimmortallurker
February 18, 2007
Not the greatest Laurel and Hardy film, but their work is still hard to find on DVD, so it is certainly worth a rental. "It certainly is"< Stan Laurel
June 23, 2013
One of L and H's later movies, but the boys still have it and are just as funny as they ever were.
Four Star Film Fan
February 5, 2013
Is this film high brow? No. Does it have a killer plot with a good script? No way. Yet that does not matter because you have the bumbling of the great Laurel and Hardy to keep you entertained. The story is incredibly simple. Ollie falls for a French girl who rejects him so he want to commit suicide, but instead he and Stan are advised to join the Foreign Legion. As you might have guessed that leads to some of their great comedy. I saw this film before and I was happily surprised again by the Flying Deuces.
The Critic
February 12, 2013
Despite lacking the wallop to the funny bone that is expected from a Laurel and Hardy venture, "The Flying Deuces" provides a number of effective slapstick moments (poor Stan can't stop hitting his head!) and snappy dialogue to please fans.
kombat
September 7, 2012
Not as funny as their other stuff .
August 16, 2012
Worth watching, Classsic comedy enjoyed it
August 11, 2012
Not sidesplitting but has the odd amusing moment. Minimum three stars because it's beloved Laurel and Hardy in the Foreign Legion!
DC FIXX
November 17, 2011
July 18, 2011
laurel and hardy like usual, are at their funniest
May 22, 2011
Thoroughly entertaining Laurel and Hardy film. Normal slapstick to the fore but just fun to watch. Some comedy doesn't tire. This isn't laugh out loud hilarious but is just nice easy viewing that you can snigger along to. Rated.
January 16, 2011
Shine on, shine on Harvest Moon, up in the sky... I grew up watching Laurel and Hardy with my dad and my grandparents, and this was my very favorite. These guys play on a different level.
FilmGrinder S.
November 8, 2010
Not my favorite comedy team.
Roberto A.
September 29, 2010
One of my favorite black and white movies wit Laurel and Hardy!! Even though the movie is so old from the 30's, it is still halarious!
jazza923
August 28, 2005
ONE OF LAUREL AND HARDY'S BETTER EFFORTS, VERY AMUSING.