Fong Sai Yuk (The Legend) Reviews

½ March 8, 2015
THE STORY IS FUN AND A JOY TO WATCH. WITH SOME OF JET LI'S HIGH ACTION MARTIAL ARTS THAT IS BLEND OF COMEDY AND FAST ACTION MOVES.
December 30, 2012
vähän sekava kung fu komedia
March 13, 2014
Nice movie with great fighting scenes but also with a lot of humour.
January 20, 2013
Love this film and love jet li
December 7, 2012
Will have to repeat viewing i cant recall.
½ November 3, 2012
I can't help but feel like this would be a great double feature with Yuen Wo Ping's Iron Monkey. This is, in my opinion, the second best Jet Li flick behind Fist of Legend.
½ October 31, 2012
Really Legend of the Swordsman 2, this was one of Li's weaker flicks, though he himself is great.
May 31, 2011
I had bought this on dvd and hadn't wached it til now. Silly jokes, slapstick humor and general messiness of the story make this otherwise funny kung-fu comedy a bit tedious. Besides, there is a scene at the start of the movie where a man riding a horse falls off a bridge- the horse is a toy horse, one can easily see how it doesn't move its legs or anything. It looked so ridiculous that it had a bad effect on the whole film. The humor is otherwise fun. The kung-fu scenes are also well done except that they are too gravity-defying for my taste. The same melodrama is also present, and goes a bit overboard, which I have often seen in chinese kung-fu films. It wasn't that bad of a kung-fu film but I will not want to see it again..
June 5, 2012
great movie... not into sub-title movies, but this is a good one to see in the voice of Chinese w/ the English subtitles...
½ April 21, 2012
I love al of his movies!
April 19, 2012
Quite possibly the best martial arts film I've ever seen. Jet Li is beyond amazing in this movie.
January 16, 2012
Love this film and love jet li
December 10, 2011
Another great flick powered by Jet Li masterful kung-fu, perhaps better balanced in the comedic first half than in the more serious second one, with the wonderful team-up with Josephine Siao. Again, stellar action sequences, I'd never stop to watch.
shitfaced8
½ October 15, 2007
Pretty decent Kung Fu flick starring Jet Li. The evil Manchu clan is threatened by an underground rebel secret society called 'The Red Flower Society' who rep the Han's. Meanwhile a young Kung Fu master has fallen for the governors daughter, but must compete in a competition to win her hand in marriage. Although he loses initially, using some less than honest methods, he wins the honour regardless. But do to familial and political issues shit hits the fan, and he and his family find themselves right in the middle of the political upheavel. Pretty good overall, with a good story and plentiful and excellent fight scenes, I did think the romantic comedy-esque elements could have been toned down a lot. I felt that it brought down what otherwise would have been a really good martial arts / historical drama. Ah well, it is what it is, and that is a complaint I have for a lot of the martial arts movies that were coming out at this time. Still a very solid effort and worth a watch for fans of Martial Arts films.
November 2, 2011
Jet Li at his best and one of my favourite things about my childhood. I remember Fong Sai-yuk being a cheeky, smooth and exceptionally talented fighter, you will fall in love both with his boyish charm, easy badass-ery and his ridiculously cool, hilarious, bone-breaking and long-suffering mother (Josephine Siao / Xiao Fang Fang). This movie will make you laugh till you spit out anything you were eating / drinking instead of focusing all your energy on this movie, and make you cry so hard too. Outrageously creative action scenes that shame 99% of movies made today. I need to watch it again. One of my favourite movies in the entire world. I'm so glad someone reminded me about it today.
March 10, 2011
This is one of my top favorite martial arts movie directed by Director Corey Yuen and starring from Jet Li and Vincent Zhao,two wushu champion.The story is good,it's more about romance and family than action but when it came to action,it was very exciting(if you like wire works martial movie) and Perfect choices of background musics..I guess Vincent Zhao is fit to play a villain more than a good guy.

Rating Updates:4.5* rise up to 5*
Review Updates:Re-watch in old VCD version,the audio is much more better than the DVD(Even it's original Hong Kong version).:)
½ October 25, 2010
Any FONG SAI YUK movie is a recommendation from The Shaun!
½ May 26, 2006
one of the best. an emotional roller-coaster, as you'd expect, it's all over the place. eye-popping fights and good cast. Jet Li shines. The comic-like style is punctuated with wire-fu shot by shot like comic panels and it works very well.