97% Ghostbusters Aug 29

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Forgetting Sarah Marshall Reviews

John M

May 11, 2008
Cute, funny movie. Jason segal and Mila Kunis did a wonderful job. Russell Brand is hilarious. Full of fun romantic comedy cliches but well worth the 2 hours.
Joshua W

August 9, 2012
This is what happens when all the right people come together to do the right project. Funny and very memorable.
Albert K

November 28, 2011
Good balance of raunchiness and romance. Funny but it wasn't as funny as I'd like it to be. Still a good time to sit back and relax.
Sanjay R

April 24, 2011
Segel and Brand really put on a show while Bell, Kunis, Rudd and Hill support them well. A very funny and well written movie.
DreamExtractor
DreamExtractor

April 13, 2011
This movie is hilarious, it is a comedy classic. Forgetting Sarah Marshall is about Peter Bretter (Jason Segel) who just lost his girlfriend Sarah Marshall (Kristen Bell), and he decides to take a trip to Hawaii to get his mind off her, but ironically she is there with her new boyfriend Aldous Snow (Russell Brand). The plot is good, it has heart, comedy, and some of the greatest moments in comedy genre history. The cast is good, Jason Segel and Russell Brand are hilarious, but Kristen Bell (as usual) was not funny at all, and I love Mika Kunis, and she is the perfect choice for her role. The comedy is great, this film is 100% hilarious. Other than Kristen Bell and cliche rom com ending, this is one of the best comedies you will ever see.
Jens S

May 14, 2008
I shouldn't always judge a book by its cover. I neither found the trailer to be very convincing, nor am I a fan of "Team Apatow", and it certainly doesn't help that I hate Russel Brand. Turns out the film is actually quite charming, funny and presents characters you love to follow around for a while. When I say funny it should be absolutely clear that we are talking very naughty humor here, but delivered in such an incredibly nonchalant kind of way that it's impossible not to laugh at the awkwardness. What's even more surprising is that the script and the acting makes you care for those characters and you don't want this to go wrong. Mila Kunis is particularly enchanting. So when it comes to romantic comedies, this is certainly one of the more refreshing ones of recent years. The ending with the Dracula rock opera performance is particularly awesome. A pleasant surprise. Even Russel Brand wasn't all that annoying.
Kevin C

June 27, 2011
The perfect modern-era romantic comedy.
murphmann93
murphmann93

July 6, 2008
One of the best films I've ever seen. This mainly because Russell Brand is a character in this film and he's amazingly funny. Hilarious all the way through. Definite must see!
Drake T

June 5, 2011
Stoller might as well be an Apatow clone, this is a pretty solid romedy.

Enjoyable characters/cast, gags & jokes that are worth your time and even though the overall plot isn't all too original, there are enough twists and turns and unique devices that make it fresh.
movieguru12
movieguru12

March 21, 2009
This was a geniunely funny movie. Jason Segel was hilarious and very entertaining. Mila Kunis was also adorable and was so happy that her and Jason Segel ended up together in the film. Jonah Hill had some funny bits and Paul Rudd did as well. Absolutely worth the watch! This movie is awesome! :) I just love it & Jason Segel's puppet musical :) Just an awesome movie :) So great! :) You'll love it! Such a cute movie :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Apeneck F

April 22, 2008
Actually much better than I thought it would be and, as buddy j.d.fortunefan notes, it's actually a chick flick with guys playing the leads. Quite an well rounded comedy though ... and Mila Kunis shines.
Carlos M

January 27, 2011
This is the perfect exemple of a smart comedy that made me laugh silently, on the inside, while I was being pulled into the story by how moving it actually is. The narrative is impeccable and deeply sincere, and the whole cast is homogeneously great. A memorable film produced by Judd Apatow.
BEACHBUNNI
BEACHBUNNI

January 13, 2009
this movie kept me laughing. Jason Segel is hilarious and at times outrageous, but maybe next time he will consider keeping his pants on LOL This is a 4-star movie that gained that extra star through its cast. Mila Kunis is gorgeous, Paul Rudd makes a humorous appearance, and who doesn't love Jonah Hill & Bill Hader. It is a must see movie for a bit of light entertainment in my opinion
cosmo313
cosmo313

March 25, 2010
A mostly good, but somewhat flawed film. It's like an anti romcom, which I think is pretty cool. It's pretty funny, which I like, and I also like that it is a farce, but there's enough pain and bitterness present to make it hard to totally suspend disbelief. The performances are really pretty good though. So yeah, it's pretty decent, but needs some polishing up. B-.
TheDudeLebowski65
TheDudeLebowski65

November 7, 2010
Theres two words that come to mind when I think of Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Insanely funny. Of all the Judd Apatow productions, Sarah Marshall has got to be the funniest film out there. This is definitely one of my favorite comedies and I found it to be one of the funniest films in recent memory. This is a film that brings about the worse possible scenario for as guy to recover from a break up, and like most of Appatow's production's, this film is a riot. The comedians involved in the film make the movie funnier and theres many moments that are simply hysterical. Jason Segel plays Peter Bretter and Kristen Bell plays Sarah Marshall, his ex girlfriend who recently dumped him. To clear his mind, Peter takes a Trip to Hawaii, ignoring that his ex has also taken a trip at the same resort with her new boyfriend. What follows is a series of misadventures as Peter tries to cope with the situation. Sarah Marshall is a fine Comedy, a Well written, smart and witty film thats is much better than most films involving love as a story idea. In a way, I feel that this film almost makes fun of the typical romantic comedy formula because the story makes fun of one guys ordeal after the breakup. That is fairly original, and that to me is why the film succeeds. You won't find a funnier romantic disaster comedy than Forgetting Sarah Marshall. Every cast member is extremely funny. but a noteworthy performance here is Jonah Hill as Matthew, the Eager Infant Sorrow fan who Keeps irritating Aldous Snow (Russell Brand), though on screen for less than 10 minutes total during the entire film, Hill is pretty funny. This is one of the better "Romantic" comedies because it makes fun of guys misfortune after he breaks up with girlfriend, a truly original amusing comedy film. What makes this film so funny is the diverse cast of comedic talent, and they pull off something memorable, and fun.
Dan S

April 18, 2008
A fun but overall forgettable romantic-comedy featuring impressive turns from its lead cast but some downright awful side-plots that don't hold a lot of comedic weight. Jason Segal shines brightest, as he convincingly comes across as your average guy who is emotional and has good intentions. The ending didn't exactly ring true, it kind of obeyed formula. Other than that, it's a pretty funny movie, but Apatow and co. have certainly done better.
Al S

April 14, 2008
This is one outrageously funny and enjoyable movie from start to finish. It gives off plenty of incredible laughs and alot of surprising heart. It's smart, well-written and has a great cast playing some very funny and compelling characters and you don't get that too much in a comedy these days. An absolutely hilarious and very original romantic comedy that will make you want more. Jason Segal is a hoot and Mila Kunis are fantastic, they have such crisp and funny chemistry. Russell Brand is a comic movie star in the making.
Chiefilms
Chiefilms

December 15, 2008
Very interesting and original, lead actor writing the screenplay which is a plus. Theme of heartbreak leads to fun and interesting scenes. Surprising things happen that I wouldn't have expected from this comedy for example, a musical about Dracula, just random and clever. Good flick.

Update: Gets better and better.
Daniel P

April 22, 2008
This might be the one that stands out in Judd Apatow's stable. Not overly funny, and not overly inventive, Forgetting Sarah Marshall is a straight-from-the-heart story of getting over someone. Scripted by Jason Segal, the dialogue is a little hackneyed and too expository, but on the whole this is a likeable film that features decent acting and just enough laughs that it doesn't depress you.