Forgetting The Girl Reviews

July 9, 2014
For a directorial debut, this is an impressive film. The actors all shine. Christopher Denham prevents this film from becoming too predictable.
June 6, 2014
other than some cool scenes, i found this movie annoying and a waste of time.
May 16, 2014
A movie about a creepy guy.. I come across enough of those in real life thanks. :p
October 11, 2013
The frequent use of direct-address narration feels too much like a fiction writer's device, however much it wants to be a hook.
April 5, 2014
Delves deep into the human psyche, equally disturbing and shocking.
½ March 13, 2014
Lame. Lousy. Forget it.
½ January 4, 2014
Drama psicológico sobre un alma en tortura que vale la pena ver.
½ October 12, 2013
Forgetting The Girl (2013) is a murder mystery masquerading as a love story. It is a decent murder mystery told in a different found-film way. Did I mention that I really don't like murder mysteries? Nevertheless Christopher Denham, is solid and Lindsay Beamish takes over. This is not a great movie but it is still better than the rash of bad movies that have come out lately.
June 27, 2013
This film takes the viewer on a journey through the psyche of a bewildered man in his youth, who's inherent desire, not unlike those which we all experience, for human compassion, emotional connection, and acceptance of loss and denial, begin to drastically affect not only his life, but the lives of the people in which he befriends and confides in. Forgetting the Girl, seems to float within a realm of "non-genre", although that is not to say that the narrative isn't being represented in such a way that the viewer cannot discern the stories purpose, but that it plays between the boundary lines of a pseudo romance, drama, thriller and horror at the same time and achieves this with ease and an apparent show of skill and cinematic knowledge. This film is filled with moments that will draw you in, grab your attention, and then within the span of a few frames, completely throw that all of out the window, leave you with your hands over your head, eyes glued to the screen ,cringing, but all the while wanting to do it all over again. The beauty of a film like this is that it allows the audience to ask questions not only of themselves but the characters and the story as well as their expectations and interpretations of how things will play out, and it has done so with purpose. Highly recommended. Check it out and enjoy.
January 21, 2013
Forgetting the Girl is a dark and twisted film that left me emotionally drained and mildly concerned who might be living next door. The director (Nate Taylor) brilliantly crafts a slow build of tension and dark suspicion as the viewer is drawn into an uncomfortable intimacy with the lead character played by Christopher Denham. Denham masterfully portrays a deeply and genuinely disturbed individual struggling to find some sense of normalcy in a relationship while surrounding himself with equally, if not more overtly damaged personas. Deserving of special mention for her amazing performance is Lindsay Beamish who played Denham's obsessive and thoroughly screwed up assistant.

The slow build of this film is laced with such real emotion and frightening honesty that I was left wondering whether the director did some extracurricular study of mental health issues to so succinctly draw out such amazing insights into the psychoses of his characters. Even after the crescendo, the director (and Beamish) left me wondering whether the reveal answered all of the mysteries crafted throughout the film or if there was more than meets the eye. This movie makes me want to run background checks on my neighbors...or not have any neighbors. I'm not sure. A+ job by the Director, cast and crew.
January 15, 2013
This must see movie sneaks up on you and challenges the definition of a "genre." Romance? Drama? Horror? Better...all of the above. It's visceral hard hitting nature will sneak up on you on different levels. Christopher Denham plays a layered character with a haunting past that has everything to do with his dealings in the present. Is he the hero or the villain of the piece? Stalker or lonely-heart shlub? That depend on the individual viewer. Each of the female characters builds upon his complex and ever-troubling dealings with the fair sex. This is one of those rare treat movies that asks all the questions with open-ended, yet resolute, answers. It's rare to find a movie like this that allows the audience to discuss and debate the film and what it really means. A great effort from first time director, Nate Taylor, and writer Peter Moore Smith.
½ January 15, 2013
An extraordinary movie. Typically films of this genre do not allow for the kind of depth in performance that the writing endows this film with. It was really nice to see this movie swimming so valiantly and succeeding against that tide. Bonus points to Lindsay Beamish for some particularly captivating moments.
April 25, 2012
What starts out as almost a slice-of-life character drama, slowly reveals a slightly sinister undercurrent which begins to drive the story. I went into this thinking it really wasn't my thing, and ended up completely gripped by the characters and story.
I would just like to add that Lindsay Beamish's brilliant performance stole the movie for me.
April 24, 2012
chilling , tense , great pace, acting and meticulous attention to detail by the director nate taylor. definitely well worth seeing more than once to pickup all the nuances you missed the first time around.