Why only 71%????

It seems the critics must have caught on to something I missed. Whats the problematic message? I don't really think there was some deep troubling message. Was I missing something? I thought it was a excellent film that I watched twice. What is it?
Dylan P.
12-18-2012 09:24 AM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Ausautas V.

Ausautas V.

I think it's overrated, but 71% might be a little low. It seems like a quality production, at least. I'm pleased that it isn't above 90%.

I don't understand how it's on the AFI top 100 though, considering all the movies that aren't on that list.

haha, William J. comment started off about the same.

Jul 23 - 01:40 AM

Aditya Mookerjee

Aditya Mookerjee

Gump is likable, but it seems, he is Lincoln-esque, in the American view of things. The movie had little to understand, but I wonder what people understand, when say, Google eye wear, is considered to be what Apple Computers is to serious computer hardware.

Jul 1 - 04:19 AM

Jonathan Scott

Jonathan Scott

From reading some of these critics from this film alone makes me not trust their judgement anymore. This film is by far one of the best films EVER made. if you don't agree.. then whatever. There is not one thing wrong with this movie... the acting is superb.. the direction is superb.. the production, screenplay... sound.. soundtrack..etc... it's just epic.

May 31 - 03:46 PM

Taylor Trissel

Taylor Trissel

Agree.

Jul 3 - 04:53 PM

Jonathan Scott

Jonathan Scott

From reading some of these critics from this film alone makes me not trust their judgement anymore. This film is by far one of the best films EVER made. if you don't agree.. then whatever. There is not one thing Wong with this movie... the acting is superb.. the direction is superb.. the production, screenplay... sound.. soundtrack..etc... it's just epic.

May 31 - 03:45 PM

Gregg Harrison

Gregg Harrison

It seems that the apparent message of this movie is that if you are incredibly, ridiculously lucky you can overcome impairments

Apr 5 - 10:28 AM

Vyom Nautiyal

Vyom Nautiyal

71% seems too low for the movie. It may not have been the greatest movie of 1994 but it was one of the good ones. It should have gotten at least an 85%.

Feb 16 - 01:18 PM

Zane B

Chum Chum

Far-fetched, naive, and too simplistic to be honest for it be so gushed over. Outside of Hanks performance this movie is just pure mediocrity

Feb 14 - 11:32 AM

Lee Augustus

Lee Augustus

It' a good movie, but it didn't deserve best picture

Feb 13 - 04:09 PM

Rogers Klein

Rogers Klein

yeah, either Pulp Fiction or Shawshank Redemption should have won it that year

Mar 14 - 03:21 PM

Alex A.

Alex Anonymous

Yeah, as much as I love this movie those films probably should have won.

May 25 - 11:36 AM

Seb M

Seb Moore

it aint great but it aint bad

Feb 13 - 07:07 AM

WS S.

WS Shannon

People should read the negative reviews before saying criticizing critcs are whiny about it beating Pulp Fiction. Forrest Gump is unnecessarily goofy, sentimental, overlong, distastefully portrays mentally restrained individuals, and much much more.

So before you idiots start saying people are whiny that Forrest Gump beat Pulp Fiction for an oscar, I'm sure RT also gave films like Ordinary People 91% because they beat classics like Raging Bull for an oscar. Or how about Rebecca 100% because they won an oscar over masterpieces like Citizen Kane. Or films like Kramer vs Kramer an 89% score because they beat the unforgettable war drama Apocalypse Now.

Feb 7 - 10:25 PM

WS S.

WS Shannon

People should read the negative reviews before saying criticizing critcs are whiny about it beating Pulp Fiction. Forrest Gump is unnecessarily goofy, sentimental, overlong, distastefully portrays mentally restrained individuals, and much much more.

So before you idiots start saying people are whiny that Forrest Gump beat Pulp Fiction, I'm sure RT also gave films like Ordinary People 91% becuase they beat films like Raging Bull for an oscar. Or how about Rebecca 100% because they won an oscar over films like Citizen Kane. Or films like Kramer vs Kramer 89% because they beat Apocalypse Now.

Feb 7 - 10:24 PM

Taylor Trissel

Taylor Trissel

Probably just some whiners think "Pulp Fiction" should've won Best Picture. These reviews must be wrong.

Jan 31 - 04:30 PM

Curtis Bean

Curtis Bean

Could be some reviewers are upset that it got best picture considering the competition that year? Not honestly sure I figured it would be around 90%

Jan 27 - 05:57 PM

Taylor Trissel

Taylor Trissel

Well said, mate!

Jan 31 - 04:16 PM

William J.

William Johnsten

It's an overrated movie, but it isn't bad. I thought the dialogue was extremely stupid to an exasperating degree and the ending was pointlessly sentimental (meaning it came out of nowhere and purposely attempted to draw tears to its sensitive audiences without teaching them a single thing about love and relationships, or even fatherhood). It's a charming movie to watch, but it's extremely mushy and cheesy.

Jan 16 - 01:31 PM

Antanis Shearer

Antanis Shearer

71% is still a very good score.

Jan 1 - 07:48 AM

Diego Tutweiller

The Artist Formerly Known as Tutweiller

This is NOT a good movie...

Dec 29 - 09:50 PM

Taylor Trissel

Taylor Trissel

Coming from a "Pulp Fiction" fan.

Jul 3 - 04:54 PM

Dylan Bone

Dylan Bone

I agree.. For me this is one of the best films there is!

Dec 24 - 04:05 AM

Dylan Bone

Dylan Bone

I agree.. For me this is one of the best films there is!

Dec 24 - 04:05 AM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile