—— As Above/So Below Aug 29

82% Welcome to Sweden: Season 1
77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Four Lions Reviews

February 1, 2011
Four incompetent British Jihadists strive to become suicide bombers in this funny and razor edge satire. Omar is played straight, a family man who wants to be a soldier. His friends are however, less than educated and they spend the whole movie trying to figure out what to take with them. Some parts of the movie are downright hilarious, and sometimes the jokes miss their mark. Its powerful ending and message are enough to make it more memorable than it should be.
November 13, 2013
absolutely hilarious
June 16, 2014
Unfunny and tasteless.
August 5, 2012
Rubber dinghy rapids bro!
Andrew L.
May 5, 2014
Four Lions ultimately squanders its potential with its uneven style of humour.
May 3, 2014
Overall, the movie reaches its objectives to be lightly provocative, but there are situations that raise my eyebrows, such as how unconvincing to me is Omar's family
March 16, 2014
This film effectively is a big piss take of the terrorists who have been bombing western civilization since Madrid, 9/11 and 7/7. Going into this film you must not take it seriously and if you don't it is a highly entertaining black comedy with some brilliant characters and hysterical scenes
February 23, 2014
A film you're probably not suppose to laugh at but can't help constantly doing the opposite.
February 17, 2014
watch the trailer first and you should get a good idea if its your thing.
ken karlson
February 13, 2014
Seems like America always has to be afraid of something. First it was the Nazis then the Japanese then black people then Jews...now it's the Muslims. Thank God for a hilarious group of 4 British Muslims trying to become terrorists and bungling every move they make in the process. It has a very humanizing effect showing us as Americans that we are basically all alike. We have genius and Cretins amongst us and we are , by nature afraid of anything different than us. I laughed out loud at these fools and it made me a bit less afraid to think that Muslims have low IQ's surrounding them too. See this great comedy and laugh at the world of fear we live in today. Ken K.
Channing Tatum
January 31, 2014
Not really much of a comedy; Four Lions is interesting and fairly entertaining as it explores the compelling story of a group of Islamic terrorists.
July 10, 2013
The story is about a group of British Muslim extremists plan the perfect terrorist attack... but may not be able to survive their own bumbling ways and conflicting personalities. This movie is not dumb or silly it is smart and Sharpe.
sethistic
January 5, 2014
Very funny with many quotable lines.
January 5, 2014
3 Stooges-esque Islamoterrorist slapstick. Crazy and precarious premise tackled qualmlessly, yet with smartness and humanity and great gags. Chris Morris is great.
December 21, 2013
''One sheep was blown up in the making of this movie''
The funniest line, of many in this dark likable film.
Tom M.
December 20, 2013
To call this movie controversial is indeed putting it mildly! Satirist Chris Morris's pitch black comedy about a group of useless British jihadists is wilfully offensive but it's sharply observed and does have something meaningful to say about the state of the nation and the utter futility of extremism but it's uneven and can't quite find a workable balance between tragedy and farce!
July 3, 2013
Its hilarity saves it from being a disaster.
February 21, 2013
It's pretty borderline inappropriate at times and pokes fun at some serious issues but I will say that I laughed out loud a number of times and the sheer ridiculousness of some of the gags are enough to make this movie good. Nigel Lindsey is the standout as the Caucasian convert who is more dedicated to the cause than the actual Islamists as director Chris Morris delivers an intelligent comedy using a subject that is typically of limits.
September 5, 2011
Doesn't quite hold up as a comedy nor as a satire, but has some good moments. Decidedly not funny when innocent bystanders get blown up for attempting the Heimlich manoeuvre on a suicide bomber. Very funny when wife and kid console dad about finding the right place somewhere to blow himself up. Barry's character is funny at first, but then just becomes an annoying grating yob. Overall loses its promise of a sharp witty film about onethird in.
franco o.