The Fox and the Hound Reviews

January 27, 2010
Doing what Disney has always done best, "The Fox and the Hound" tells real human emotions through that of something else. In this instance, tested friendships told through the perspective of animals. As a baby fox and a puppy meet in the woods outside of their farm houses, they begin to bond, right before the puppy is taken away for a season to become a hunter. Upon returning, he no longer has the same emotions. Meeting new friends and having to accept that you just need to let old friends go is really what the underlying tone is here. That ideal is magnificent for kids and the fact that most adults showing their kids this film have most likely gone through this, is really something special. There is something in this film for all ages. Fantastic from start to finish, this is a brilliantly written children's film that is also great for adults. I love "The Fox and the Hound!"
½ December 26, 2010
The animation job is exceptional, but the songs are not very nice and the simple story, while solid, suffers a bit from the same problems found in most of the movies made by the studio in the 1970s, especially how it feels rather perfunctory and watered down for children.
August 11, 2011
An endearing and delightful 83 minute movie with lovable characters that will stick with you longer after the credits roll. It's a completely predictable storyline, but one made with the love and craft that only old school Disney can produce. Kids will absolutely love it, while adults will revel in the nostalgia and feel all warm inside.
Directors Cat
August 15, 2011
what you've gt to do to come to a verdict is really to think about whether you think the fox and the hound will entertain kids, was it well drawn and was it heartmwarming? My verdict to all 3, yes.
August 14, 2011
When I was a kid, me and my grampa would watch this all the time, and its still great. The story is great and is a wonderfil tale of love and friendship. A classic Disney film.
May 19, 2011
Arguably not for kids, the theme of "growing up" and "time changes" might not be very relatable; but at the same time they're simplified to a point of purity that you wouldn't see in anything but a children's movie. However, it's presented with enough sincerity and heart to wear the "Disney Classic" badge. Worth a watch.
michael e.
May 3, 2011
Not one of the best Disney films but its fairly decent
½ September 6, 2010
An adorable Disney movie about a fox and a hound who are friends. It's very emotional and I loved it as a kid. If you like Disney, don't miss it.
October 21, 2010
This was a bit enjoyable. But didn't satisfy my expectation. The friendship between a fox and a hound is unthinkable. The story was okay. Good to watch with whole family.
October 16, 2010
This is the best Disney film i ever watch. It was so funny and it kept me on the edge of my seat sometimes. good plot. overall it was i really good film, it is total under rated,
June 9, 2006
I don't remember too much about this movie, other than that I liked it.The animation is good, the songs are good, and the stroy is just really loveable and cute. It's another tearjerker for kids, but it's good a got message and is still pretty fun.
June 5, 2010
A great movie and truly in the spirit of the older classics. All the characters and visuals are well done and the story is extremely powerful to just about anyone who's ever had a friend. The subtle racism theme is really intelligent and multi-layered. Voice talents don't get better than Kurt Russell and Corey Feldman.
September 9, 2007
i love fox and the hound and i dont really want to watch the second one just in case it completely ruins the awesomeness of this movie!!
i absolutely love all the walt disney classics and this one is no exceptions!!
½ August 2, 2009
beautiful story.
February 21, 2008
Sweetest movie!!!!!!
½ March 20, 2007
Gorgeous animation in the classic Disney style elevates this not-so-classic children's film in which a little fox and a puppy becom friends. I liked it when I was six year old where I watched it at the cinema.
January 18, 2007
disney classic but the ending should have gone different
July 18, 2007
Cuteness up the wazoo, but still a touching story. Extra points scored for being released before Disney started cranking out the "instant classics".
½ June 2, 2007