67% The Maze Runner Sep 19

83% Sons of Anarchy: Season 7

Frankenstein and the Monster From Hell Reviews

M9z8759483
July 21, 2010
frankenstein and the monster from hell the title is a complete mishap of propotions and dissapointment first off the film should have been called the monster from hell instead they put frankenstein which it makes it to where its somewhat more of a dissapointment when more comes around the monster supposedly the monster from hell looks very awful and lame I know back in the 70's that they didnt have CGI and other tech special effects and makeup there was only one good part of the movie pretty much the movie gets slighty better till the end but the rest of it is just flat out boring and very slow I know the film is a old hammer flick but even though the late peter cushing tried to make it better but the rest was terrible not any good ideas to it at all just lame and an insult to the old 1930's horror film frankenstein even though they couldnt have a better idea to it the screenwritter I guess has never even seen the old frankenstein at all I guess he wanted to make it horrible idea to it just why it is just awful dont see this awful horror flick under any circumstances at all not recommended for any horror fan at all during when frankenstein's birth of the horror films the original frankenstein was born and was terrfingly palyed by the late boris karloff and then after that there hasnt been a great rebirth since 1994 mary shelley's frankenstein played wonderfully by robert de niro which was 20 years after this terrible film.
January 16, 2014
The title is the best thing about this later entry from Hammer, even though Peter Cushing is here, reprising his role as the Baron Frankenstein. It seems after being sent away to an asylum for the criminally insane, Frankenstein has managed to blackmail the director into letting him look after the inmates and also continue his experiments. With the help of a young doctor convicted of a similar crime (sorcery), Frankenstein grafts parts of different patients' bodies onto one ugly ass monster (formerly human). This doesn't work out so well, but the film is rather low on shocks (or deeper philosophical content even), opting instead for almost comical squishy gore.
October 4, 2013
Great concept, I love the idea of Frankenstein's monster being created in a insane asylum but the execution could've been much better. That being said it is a Hammer film so the parts that didn't quite work was expected, but I once again did enjoy Peter Cushing's performance. I appreciate that they didn't try to recreate the classic Frankenstein's monster look, and went with the concept of Mary Shelley's book by making their own version.
June 16, 2013
Cushing is as great as ever but this late entry into the Hammer series brings nothing new and is a dull, humourless plod aside from the first few minutes.
Carlton M Raines
March 14, 2013
Classic Hammer, everyone love's these films, this shows why.
September 18, 2012
Not a whole lot makes sense. Would have been absolute garbage were it not for Cushing.
November 16, 2011
One of my favorite Hammer Horror movies, despite the silly looking monster.
WARP
May 24, 2010
The last film from the great Terence Fisher
Kerry T.
October 18, 2009
I Love Peter Cushing, and this is Probably my favorite of all of Peter's works.

The film is very stylistic. The Imagery on screen creates a creepy, and very gothic vibe, which sets the tone for the entire film. Everything about this film is very dark, very gritty, and suprisingly intelligent.

It is from the Hammer Horror series, that took many of the old "Universal" movie monsters and made the over the top and grusome. This film is one in the series that does not confuse Frankenstien with the Monster, which always intrigued me. I found Cushing's portrayal of Dr. Frankenstien even more thrilling than his Dracula. While he is better known for his roles as Dracula, his Frankenstien role is far more deep and disturbing. He really gets the message through that, playing god, or giving mankind to much power over life and death is very bad idea.

I highly recommend this to anyone who calls themself a horror fan.
Taste-of-Pain
July 27, 2005
This time Frankenstein is right where he belongs; in an asylum. Unfortunately he's running things. He and the director of the institution, who is even more mad than Frankenstein himself, have some sort of an arrangement. They've faked Frankenstein's death, and now he's the resident doctor. A recent arrival is an admirer of Frankenstein's, convicted of sorcery for trying to duplicate his experiments. He proves to be quite sane, by Frankentein's standards anyhow, and is appointed Frankenstein's assistant. He soon discover's that Frankenstein is still chasing his old ambitions, using spare parts from the inmates to build a new monster, more hideous than ever before. The young man offers Frankenstein the service of his surgeon's hands, and together the two set out in the latest attempt to create life. With the hands of a sculptor grafted onto the body of a hulking brute with the strength of ten men, all that's needed is the brain of a genius...
This is the end of the Frankenstein series, and a fitting one, unlike the Universal series. Despite another disastrous end, this movie ends on sort of a high note, that seems to promise hope, similar to the end of the second film in this series. Not my favorite, but a good one nonetheless.
GhostInTheDarkness
December 28, 2003
So I finally got to see a Hammer Horror film! I happened to get lucky and find this one in the bargin bin at the local wal-mart for $5 bucks so I said what the hell. It looked kinda cool and for that price it wasn't really much more than a rental.

The film star's Peter Cushing as Baron Frankenstein. And I must say Cushing was great in the film. The acting overall was pretty solid and the story was decent, but nothing amazing really. The gore was non exsistant for the most part. Though thinking of the age when it came out it did have some decent gore for the time period I think.

Terrance Fisher did a good job with the direction. The biggest thing was it just didn't have that little something extra to make it an amazing film. I think that might have been due to the pacing in parts and the story being a bit dull.

Overall the movie was worth watching and I will probably sit down and watch it again, but I dont think its something that will be in my regular rotation, but then again. It might grow on me more after a few viewings.

But it has peeked my interest even more to see some of the other Hammer horror films. I'm very intersted to see the one's the Christopher Lee and Cushing starred in for the Dracula series. Be interesting to delve a bit further back into the genre that I love so much and see where many of my favorite directors and writters got there love of the genre from.