Movies Like Free Willy 2: The Adventure Home

Free Willy 2: The Adventure Home Reviews

TheDudeLebowski65
TheDudeLebowski65

September 28, 2011
As far as sequels are concerned, Free Willy 2 is as pointless as they come. The film is terrible, considering that the first was decent. The film doesn't do anything new or exciting and the film is pretty pointless. I don't see why the first needed a sequel. In this film you have a pretty bad cast of actors. I really felt like this film could have been something better, but it wasn't. I felt that the story wasn't that great. The cast seemed to try hard to outdo the original, and they failed miserably. I didn't like this film and I was pretty bored with it. The film is simply awful, and fails to capture what made the original a decent viewing. This sequel is one of the worst that you can see and I just didn't think it was necessary to make. The talent involved is just pitiful and Free Willy 2 is yet another bad sequel in a series of bad sequels. I enjoyed the original when I was younger, and I remember this one quite well too, and like I just stated, it failed to entertain me, and they tried too hard to outdo the original. Free Willy 2 is terrible. Simple as that. The film could have been better, and it shows that it could've been better. The film felt rushed, obviously to cash in on the success of the first, and in the end, it failed to deliver anything entertaining or good for that matter. People, who enjoyed the first film, may want to skip this film because there is nothing going for it that makes it a good film. The plot is poorly written, the acting is bad and the direction is sloppy. A very poor attempt at creating a sequel to what many viewers see as a classic.
AJ V

September 6, 2010
An okay sequel to Free Willy. It's not as political and emotional as the first, though.
KJ P

January 15, 2010
Not quite as original as the first! But still likable!
Jason O

August 15, 2009
"Free Willy 2 - Adventure Home" is a lot differentfrom the first movie in the series. Jesse (Jason James Richter) and his family are on a camping trip. Jesse finds out he has a younger brother and they struggle to get along at first. Jesse finds a girlfriend about the same time he finds Willy (Keiko the whale). Keiko the whale's sister almost dies from the effects of an oil spill. Jesse and his family must find a way to save Keiko and the other whales from dying in the oil spill while also keeping them away from neighboring scientists who want to study the whales. Jesse must also find a way to get along with his brother while staying with his new girlfriend.
"Free Willy 2" has more adventure in it than the original does. ...They turned a classic drama movie into one that has a sense of adventure and action, which isn't bad at all.

If you liked the original "Free Willy" movie, you'll probably like this movie as well. I recommend it to anyone. NOTE: That was my Amazon review from the year 2000. All three of the FW movies rock, and I don't like trying to rank the 3 of them because of that.
Bobby H

February 18, 2008
A sequal that was equal - while most are not, this movie proved to be just as good as the one before it. With the same flaws, cheesyness and a little unreality (we are to expect that since its a kid movie) it also has all the great actors, with a few more to add to the story. Great scenery this time, and a more broaded horizon to work with makes the movie that much better too.
Dan S

October 8, 2007
Freaking love the Free Willy movies, its got Michael Madsen in it for crying out loud!
sanjurosamurai
sanjurosamurai

January 23, 2007
same as the first
Jason S

December 28, 2006
Not that bad. Just as good as the first one.
Leigh R

November 7, 2006
It was okay.
Dillon L

June 18, 2011
Rediculous, and kind of depressing.
Yinalí R

August 6, 2007
Loved the movie.
Sunil J

April 28, 2008
I liked this odd sequel a lot better than the first. It was more exciting and had less family conflict.
mingsysar
mingsysar

February 18, 2006
Not as good as the original, but congrats to the people who found a valid reason to do a sequel. Wonderfully acted again, and Elvis is an intriguing character. A great storyline and Jason James Richter make this film.
DrLappos
DrLappos

May 14, 2007
Free Willy1 You can keep it.
skycatsx3
December 14, 2008
This is one movie that they could remake all they wanted and it would STILL be a favorite. It?s just a classic! Two thumbs wayyy up for all three Free Willy movies !
hellelite666
July 16, 2007
OMG THAT WHALE GOT CAUGHT AGAIN!!! I'M SORRY BUT IF YOU CAN'T LEARN TO STAY AWAY FROM THE NET THEN YOU SHOULD BE IN A TANK!!!
KenyaSaysHi
July 6, 2007
the last time i saw this movie i was seven... but from what i can remember it was really good... but then again i was seven.
stevencoxjr
May 8, 2007
I saw it. That's the only recommendation I can give it. I will say this though: sometimes sequels are really not necessary. Take that to mean what you will.
April 25, 2007
I'm not saying I'd rent it tomorrow, I just liked it when I was little. Seriously, who didn't want to talk to whales?
scobod22
April 6, 2007
not as good as the original, but i suppose if you took the time out to watch it, its not all that bad....wait, yes it was.