Frida

82% Welcome to Sweden: Season 1
77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Frida Reviews

March 2, 2008
Intresseväckande, välspelad historialektion. Troligen Salma Hayeks bästa rollprestation nĺgonsin.
August 11, 2014
mexicans playing mexicans living in mexico but speaking english?
July 6, 2014
Na den narozenin Fridy Kahlo (6.6. 1907) jsem se mrknul na tento film. Musím ?íct, e m? její ivotní p?íb?h celkem dostal. Z obraz? Fridy jsem m?l dojem, e to byla n?jaká puritánská jeptika; ono asi ne. :-) Dob?e zahráno, skv?lé masky, skv?lá hudba.
June 10, 2014
Anchored by Hayek and Molina in standout performances, Kahlo is an intuiting film that manages to delve into the enthralling and idiosyncratic life of one of the most prominent and important modern female artist.
May 18, 2014
Red like passion, blood, freedom. Love her strength, will, ideals.
May 10, 2014
La película es apasionante, sobre lo mas importante en la vida de la artista
April 24, 2014
a beautifully done movie, from the cinematography to the music to the smart dialogue. it allowed you to see the world that Frida saw which was very transcending and beautifully done.
Salma Hayek never looked more beautiful, she disappeared in the character which is something I always admire when I watch a movie where I get to forget that I am watching a motion picture but a life being portrayed in front of me and some how I am a witness to it.
if one thing I would critic is that I wish that the dialogue was in Spanish.
Jimmy C.
April 6, 2014
This comes across as a Mexican housewife takes to painting. Yawn. If you don't have close contact with Mexican culture it might be entertaining, but living in Southern California the movie is a series of very trite stereotypes to me. Beware the rave reviews that come just because it's a Mexican-centric film and because of the stellar cast. I did not find it very entertaining.
February 26, 2012
Frida is not an easy movie to watch, it is long and sad. Frida's life is difficult, filled with unfaithful friends and tragic events. This film explains her iconoclastic art as well as her mental state. It is a wonderful period piece that shows the fight for communism in Mexico and America in the 20's and 30's. Diego Rivera's life is highlighted too! So much work has been put into making a movie of this stature. I highly recommend taking the time to learn about Frida Kahlo.
March 3, 2014
Frida is not exactly the most entertaining film, but it does a great job portraying not only the life of a great artist that was Frida Kahlo, but also portraying what mexican culture is like and how rich it is.
January 22, 2014
bir ikonu, abartmadan ve efsaneye cevirmeden yansitmaya calismasi guzel geldi. muzikleri ayrica basarili.
January 3, 2014
I watched this film 4 times at the movies , i liked it so much. The cinematography is absolutely beautiful, the story is really good & Salma Hayek, Geoffrey Rush & Alfred Molina find here their best acting parts ever. This is just a very good movie, well made and solidly conceived to be more than a biography but rather an art experience about the work of Frida Khalo.
August 19, 2009
Me encanta el soundtrack!
July 1, 2013

September 26, 2013
Interesting life story
Viktor B.
July 25, 2013
Fiery, emotional, and captivating. Few other words describe a film about a woman whose life and persona were equally if not more so; This is film with a great amount of heart behind it and does justice to the name of one of Mexico's greatest visual artists. It captures Fridas spirit in all her anguish, passion, and creativity. Whether you are a fan of her artwork or not, this film is glorious to behold.
May 22, 2013
Not really a fan of some of the editing choices during the former sequences of the film but I do however liked the biopic overall; and Salma Hayek, although did not necessarily portray the great artist Frida with great veracity (I believe), did a terrific job. I just wish the film was a tad shorter without too many subplots.
January 15, 2013
Awwwwwwesome movie. Loved it.
May 6, 2013
A biografada é uma personagem fantástica, mas o filme é prejudicado pelos floreios visuais de Julie Taymor.