Friday the 13th Part 2 (1981)
Average Rating: 4.4/10
Reviews Counted: 30
Fresh: 10 | Rotten: 20
No consensus yet.
Average Rating: N/A
Critic Reviews: 1
Fresh: 0 | Rotten: 1
Average Rating: 3.1/5
User Ratings: 67,202
Two months after the events of the original Friday the 13th, Alice (Adrienne King), the lone survivor or Mrs. Vorhees' killing spree, meets a grisly end in her city apartment. Five years later, a new group of co-eds converges near Camp Crystal Lake, scene of the original massacre and the drowning of Jason Vorhees that preceded it. This time around, the horny collegians attend a nearby training school for camp counselors. As half the group parties in town, an unseen assailant picks off the other
May 1, 1981 Limited
May 23, 2006
Watch It Now
Jason's Stunt Double
Enos the Truck Drive...
Latest News on Friday the 13th Part 2
July 12, 2006:Cast Lines Up for the "Day of the Dead" Remake
After Zack Snyder's "Dawn of the Dead" remake impressed a bunch of people and made a bunch...
November 1, 2005:Miner Tapped to Direct "Day of the Dead" Remake
Variety reports some good news/bad news for the horror fans. The bad news is that Millennium Films...
No Friends? Inconceivable! Log in to see what your friends have to say.
Basically only for completists looking to see Jason take center stage for the first time. [Blu-ray]
The new camp counselors are interchangeable with the old ones. Different faces, same basic people.
Perhaps the least interesting of all the Friday the 13th films, since it tries to be a "sequel" to the first film, referencing themes and storylines.
cannot be defended intellectually, yet, the film's very simplicity and directness gives it a kind of folkloric power, albeit power that works only if you give yourself over to it
Even crude techniques, when properly employed, can be effective, in a lowest-common-denominator kind of way.
A solid first sequel and the truly chilling jump scare at the end gives the original's a run for its money.
a carbon copy sequel
Its general competence remains a surprising improvement, albeit not one strong enough to elevate it into the realm of recommendation.
The last Friday the 13th film that makes an effort to scare its audience, rather than just going through the motions.
If slasher movies are your thing, take a stab at this one.
Yes, it blows. Try to contain your surprise.
Jason before hockey mask, but with a nifty flour sack on his head
Audience Reviews for Friday the 13th Part 2
- Ginny: Come to mama.
- Paul: I don't wanna scare anyone, but I'm gonna give it to you straight about Jason. His body was never recovered from the lake after he drowned. And if you listen to the old-timers in town, they'll tell you he's still out there, some sort of demented creature, surviving in the wilderness, full grown by now... stalking... stealing what he needs, living off wild animals and vegetation. Some folks claim they've even seen him, right in this area. The girl that survived that night at Camp Blood, that... Friday The 13th? She claimed she saw him. She disappeared two months later... vanished. Blood was everywhere. No one knows what happened to her. Legend has it that Jason saw his mother beheaded that night. Then, he took his revenge, a revenge he continued to seek if anyone ever enters his wilderness again. And, by now, I guess you all know we're the first to return here. Five years... five long years he's been dorment. And he's hungry. Jason's out there... watching... always on the prowl for intruders... ready to kill... ready to devour... thirsty for young blood.
- Crazy Ralph: (to Jeff and Sandra) - I told the others, they didn't believe me. You're all doomed. You're all doomed.
- Ginny: It's more fun when I use that child psychology on you.
- Vickie: What does the winner get?
- Mark: What does the winner want?
- Vickie: Guess.
- Terry: (to Scott) - I ought to let you hang, you pervert!
Discuss Friday the 13th Part 2 on our Movie forum!
Featured on RT
- Friday the 13th Part 2 (1981) (DE)
- Friday the 13th Part II (UK)