• R, 1 hr. 42 min.

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Friends With Benefits Reviews

Fabio P.
July 24, 2014
This movie is so stupid and so predictable. Somewhat funny if you concentrate, but there's a lot better around (although without naked Mila Kunis, sadly). Also, does anybody really think Justin Timberlake can act?
July 21, 2014
I'm shocked that this has a high score I mean it's ok but it's nothing great
July 21, 2014
simple plot but a fun film
July 20, 2014
Sweet, sensitive, funny and cute.
July 19, 2014
A Rom-com that actually suprises and induces laughs.
Simeon T.
July 15, 2014
This isn't a terrible film exactly. In a vacuum, my rating is a bit low. But this isn't a vacuum, and there is something in this movie which really bothers me. Its characters and dialogue, as caricatured as they are, encapsulate concerns I have about how my generation, especially the younger elements, has turned out. Easy, breezy and nonchalant to a fault, both leads seem to have an ease and disengagement with life. They're ludicrously successful, which is annoying for a film which wants the viewer to identify with their story, but that isn't really the problem. The problem here is that their relation to life has been re-calibrated to fit the tropes of social media exchanges, and anything that doesn't fit within this is an inscrutable nuisance. Life must be user friendly, like a MAC (and preferably stamped with the Apple logo). But aha one might say, isnt that the message of the movie, that we should move beyond the easy and casual? Well no, because due to the personality and manner of the characters, when raw emotion is attempted, it just seems out of place, and while perfunctory for the story, seems ineffectual and not really what this film is really all about . My point is proven in the final scene, where the erstwhile friends profess their love for each other while jokingly, self-awarely observing as the crowd in Grand Central becomes a flash mob. What is true love? What is the pinnacle of life? A viral dance video, of course
June 20, 2012
Pretty hilarious, I actually loved this movie!
July 17, 2014
Mila Kunis and Justin Timblerlake have great chemistry and elevate the predictable movie to something fun, funny and sexy.
November 26, 2011
This movie came out at a time when a few movies along the same idea. The premise that two friends could have a sexual relationship without it developing into more.

One thing that I am glad to say is that this movie did a good job of keeping the story and the characters unique enough to distinguish it from the other movies like it. The story kept me entertained and intrigued from the start to finish.

And one of the things I enjoyed about this movie was the music. There were a few good songs that made the movie all that more unique.

All in all, this is a pretty awesome movie worth watching again and again.
June 26, 2014
Will Gluck did this better than the "No Strings Attached" guys, for sure. This one's raunchier, funnier, and far quicker on its feet, but still pulls a few too many punches for its concept.
May 11, 2011
a chuckle here and there.
June 8, 2014
The chemistry between Mila Kunis and Justin Timberlake is this film's strongest asset, and is one of the best on-screen rom-com pairings since Hudson and McConaughey.
October 29, 2010
It was alright. Justin and Mila were good together.
May 30, 2014
A romantic comedy that makes fun of romantic comedies. It's predictable, it's easy. It's another film Justin Timberlake can add to his acting resume. Has a couple of funny moments, but that's about it.
May 27, 2014
2014-05-27 pretty predictable but a few unexpected laughs.
May 20, 2014
Friends with Benefits is the romantic comedy everyone's been searching for. It describes real life situations so much better than most other films in its genre. Timberlake and Kunis are so great together, and have fun with each other on screen. This movie is witty, fun, sexy, and relatable making it one of the best romantic comedies to come out on the big screen in a very long time.
May 18, 2014
"Amizade Colorida" acrescenta nada de novo, mas a química entre Justin Timberlake e Mila Kunis é quase o suficiente para levar o filme por si só.
August 15, 2011
It's an ok chick flick, with a great Mila Kunis & a wooden Justin Timberlake who has acted far better in other films to date!Some good laugh though & special mention to Patricia Clarkson, onceagain & always fantastic as the out of control - hippie- 70's out there - mom! enjoy....
April 30, 2014
This was a super movie, very fun & funny. Some great scenes of comedy that I thoroughly enjoyed. Very good message as well, I mean it wasn't Shakespeare but it was pretty darn good! I liked and was surprised by how much I liked. Great movie, shockingly good!
tehe
April 13, 2014
This fun and not so sappy movie is helped by the lack of cliches in the movie. Justin Timberlake does his best in this movie and Mila is great as usual. The movie is a funny combination of movie cliches that are intentional and uniqueness/original. It was a fun movie that was sappy at parts, but heart prevailed at the end. 8.3/10