Five Favorite Films with Megan Fox

Summary

It wasn't too long ago that Megan Fox found herself at the dizzying center of the celebrity maelstrom. Through no particular fault of her own, she was teetering on the brink of media overexposure -- the kind that comes from the usual perception of someone (and more often an actress) suddenly becoming too big, and too fast. Fox's well-publicized (and rather humorous) feud with her Transformers director Michael Bay lead to her being dismissed from the third installment (quick: try and remember the name of her replacement), while her would-be star vehicle -- the hopelessly misunderstood Jennifer's Body -- bombed with critics and audiences. Yet Fox's career is taking an arguably more interesting turn now that the white light of scrutiny has subsided: she's got roles in Judd Apatow's Knocked Up sequel This is 40 and Sacha Baron Cohen's The Dictator on the way, and this week stars as part of the ensemble cast of Jennifer Westfeldt's Friends with Kids. In the well-received comedy-drama, Fox plays Mary Jane, the much-younger girlfriend of single-dad-with-a-twist Adam Scott, while getting to act alongside a cast that includes Westfeldt, Jon Hamm, Kristen Wiig and Maya Rudolph.

We got a chance to chat with Fox about the experience recently, as well as her thoughts on doing more of this kind of comedy in the future. Read on for that, but first, she reeled off her five favorite films. Back to Article

Comments

Mr. Dufresne

Chip McNair

Well, regarding LOTR, I consider it all to be one film. I mean, I couldn't sit through them all in one sitting, but they were filmed back-to-back and are based on one big volume, so yeah. Besides, when films are connected and they're all among the person's favorites, it makes sense to group them together to leave room for other choices.

Mar 8 - 09:38 PM

Mr. Dufresne

Chip McNair

Wow, I'm impressed with Megan Fox's list. I love all these films (I haven't watch TMNT II or III, at least not in a very long time). But I love the others, especially LOTR and The Wizard of Oz. I like how "real" her list is; she's being true to herself. I'm not saying that they're anything wrong with picking the "cliche'd" picks; people don't always pick them just to seem sophisticated. However, it's great to see lists like this that have quality films that you don't always see on lists. My list, for instance, would definitely include the Toy Story Trilogy for sure.

Mar 8 - 09:44 PM

Bernt Andersen

Bernt Andersen

finally, an honest list

Mar 8 - 10:23 PM

pmilleroly27

Peter Miller

I have new found respect for Megan Mox. She's against CGI, but also thoroughly enjoys cartoon/animated films. I honestly find her liking TMNT more impressive then liking LOTR. It's kind of cliche to here someone pick the 11 oscar winner, action packed, fantasy, a top 5 pick for anyone. TMNT is a much more under the radar film that people who take life too seriously can't enjoy.

Mar 8 - 10:36 PM

Janson Jinnistan

Janson Jinnistan

Yes! Homicidal Maniacs love TMNT!

Mar 8 - 11:18 PM

Janson Jinnistan

Janson Jinnistan

Yes! Homicidal Maniacs love TMNT!

Mar 8 - 11:18 PM

Anton Medina

Anton Medina

Why are people getting mad about what SHE likes? Are you people so stupid? She likes Kung Fu Panda, so what? People are not cool anymore if their 5 top list doesn't consist in godfather, jaws, casablanca or any other 50's film?
She has great taste, though I liked the first Kung Fu Panda better, love Lotr and wizard of Oz!

Mar 8 - 11:24 PM

Aaron Yovanovits

Aaron Yovanovits

All of this seems right in line with my perception of her intelligence levels.

Mar 8 - 11:30 PM

Billy Skelly

Billy Skelly

TMNT IS NOT OLD SCHOOL... wtf? anyways... LOTR as #1... eh... very well made movies, meticulous... but not on my top 20... they lost me with the talking and walking trees and gay hobbits at the end... wizard of oz is the only redeemable movie on here... how to train your dragon??? horrible movie, even for a kids flick... kung fu panda 2??? glad i dont find her any bit attractive... lame ass list

Mar 8 - 11:30 PM

King  S.

King Simba

Say what you will about Megan Fox, but if you read her interviews one thing you can't deny is that she says what's on her mind, even if it gets her into a lot of trouble (Calling Bay Hitler for instance). Granted, I suppose one could call that bigheadedness, but hey it does make her interviews more interesting than those who simply say what their agent tell them to say. That why I think her list is genuinely honest.

As for trying to appeal to fanboys, again have you read some of her interviews? She bluntly called Wonder Woman a lame character and she wouldn't portray her if she was asked. Also, picking to Dreamworks films isn't exactly the best way to get fanboy love. I mean Pixar and Studio Ghibli sure, but Dreamworks? And if she wanted to pick a comic book adaptation just to appeal to nerds, she would have gone with something much more loved than TMNT, like Iron Man or The Dark Knight. I think the reason everyone is pleased with her choices is 1)because they're unnexpected (Granted, I'm one who feels most actor's lists are honest. Yeah, they tend to pick classics, but then again classics and classics for a reason you know) 2)Anyone who grew up in the 90s (and I think that generation makes up a good portion of the users) will understand the appeal of TMNT (Granted, I was more of a Power Rangers fan myself, but still seeing the turtles dancing to "Go Ninja Go" was one of the coolest things I saw as a kid)

Mar 9 - 12:08 AM

Brad and Netflix

Bradly Martin

I just don't understand why people try so hard to Like Megan Fox. I think Megan Fox has done a great service for Hollywood. She has proven pretty is easily replaced. That's a harsh lesson a lot of people refuse to recognize.

Mar 9 - 09:23 AM

Janson Jinnistan

Janson Jinnistan

Those poor gilded butterflies...

Mar 10 - 05:09 PM

aceinthehole12

Alex Newell

She's full of it..her favorite movie is probably Legally Blonde. Eff this broad.

Mar 9 - 01:29 AM

Lumbergh Phucter

Jamie Eakins

She does know that Rings has CGI in it, right?

Mar 9 - 01:55 AM

Hugo Emanuel Melo

Hugo Emanuel Melo

Maybe these movies are constantly being referenced because they are amazing? Maybe they have an undisputed and deserved status in the history of cinema due to the overwhelming quality of the product? If I was asked to list my favorite 5 movies it would definatly include classics like the godfather, for examole. It seems to me that to go out if your way to avoid mentioning them is actually more forced and unsofisticated. That said, I do appreciate the clearly honest list of Megan Fox. Although she is still a deuchette in my book.

Mar 9 - 04:01 AM

Devin Stevens

Devin Stevens

Godfather, Citizen Kane and Casablanca are all obviously great films, but I sense people often include them in their top 5 just to seem sophisticated, as Greg said.
I think sometimes, movies that have made an impact on ones life or have resonated with you in a peculiar sort of way are usually included in ones top 5. For instance, I realize The Wackness is not one of the greatest films of all time, but the film had a huge effect on me, so it would certainly make my top 5. Another example, Star Wars The Phantom Menace was a film I grew up watching as a kid, and while I realize its not a great film, its still one of my favorites for the memories it presents. Then you can throw a couple fancy schmancy ones in like The Godfather or A Clockwork Orange to make it a well rounded top 5, ya know? Sorry for the rant.

Mar 9 - 12:05 PM

Shantak

David Finnila

I agree Godfather, Citizen Cane and others are amazing films, but if were talking about the top 5 films of all time or a personal top 5, I wouldn't include those in a personal top 5. I respect her list, I just wish her descriptions on why didn't show here conplete lack of intelligence, but that shows in anything she does.

There are far hotter and better actresses out there, why does she get so much press?

Mar 12 - 02:42 PM

Kessa Sun

Kessa Sun

The original series was animated and came out in the 80's.. That would be the definition of old skool you rookie...

Mar 9 - 04:30 AM

MisterVile

Mister Vile

Oh come on, the second one sucked too. If it wasn't for Vanilla ice and super shredder no one would give a crap.

Mar 9 - 05:22 AM

MisterVile

Mister Vile

Now that i look at the Tamatoemeter for the TMNT movies, did anyone really care about reviews back then?

Mar 9 - 05:24 AM

shawneanderson

Shawne Anderson

You know, I'm not a fan of piling on Megan Fox (insert 13 year-old giggles here), but this list proves she's no student of cinema.

Mar 9 - 05:31 AM

Johan Ilagan

Johan Ilagan

As expected, she has unsophisticated taste.

Mar 9 - 06:19 AM

Mr. Dufresne

Chip McNair

Wow, can you get any more pretentious than this?

Mar 9 - 11:45 PM

Jim Whittington

Jim Whittington

She's as deep as a thimble.

Mar 9 - 07:53 AM

Janson Jinnistan

Janson Jinnistan

But admit, you want to be the thumb.

Mar 9 - 02:43 PM

Cosplay Gallery
Cosplay Gallery

See over 350 Comic-Con Costumes!

The Hobbit
The Hobbit

See the final movie's trailer

Weekly Ketchup
Weekly Ketchup

Read the Comic-Con revelations

Photo gallery of great movie spaceships