Friends With Kids Reviews

June 4, 2015
We can all agree that Friends with Kids's plot is far-fetched. I mean, two best friends decide to have a baby with no strings attached? Is this really gonna work out? What about the kid when he's grown up? How is he gonna handle this?

Despite all this, Jennifer Westfeldt's comedy is a sweet little start to the new year. She and Adam Scott are great and there are plenty of laughs.
½ April 17, 2015
Typical romcom that I knew well
½ January 19, 2015
Promising premise, but eventually disappointing.
January 4, 2015
A funny little flick, it offers the greatest idea: you should have kids only with your best friend.
March 16, 2012
If only for the cast, I want to see this...
November 11, 2014
A movie about the uncontrollable variable of timing in life and love.
October 19, 2014
What did this film say about relationships? Plenty.

Don't be put off by the promiscuous sex, and unnecessary use of various expletives in this film.

The acting is good. This film will entertain, even with the pedestrian romantic comedy climax.
October 9, 2014
An epic failure of a movie that spends too much time on two moderately appealing characters and never expands on 4 other equally-as-interesting characters. Formulaic for about 95% of the movie, I spent most of my time wondering why it seemed so conceptually similar to When Harry Met Sally, yet was centered around babies. Then, with 10 crucial minutes left to wrap up a story that, if continuing with the formula, had a very predictable ending, yet if it strayed from the formula, it was going to happen very quickly and would ultimately ruin the movie. Somehow, this movie did both. This was a long hour and forty minutes. And the depth just wasn't there. On one hand, it seemed like Jon Hamm life partner, Jennifer Westfeldt, was constructing a sweet film about friends who fall in love, but then on the other, she reduced it to a very shallow and empty story. Such a waste of an incredible cast.
September 4, 2014
Decent story, but extremely predictable.
½ August 28, 2014
Meh. RomCom but had it's funny moments.
February 27, 2012
You know what I'd like to see? A movie about two people who are friends with benefits, realize they love each other at the end, but then it zooms to six months later and they were wrong.
August 24, 2014
Jennifer Westfeldt's first movie is a great movie. The acting and how funny it is are the highlights of the film. The writing is sharp and it's interesting. The chemistry between Jennifer and Adam Scott is really good. The characters are interesting and I want to see more of them. It's not perfect, but I really thought it's a great movie.
½ August 24, 2014
The concept of this movie - two platonic friends having a baby so they don't have to experience the life upheaval and emotional roller coaster of married parents - is so ludicrous that it took me a long time to warm up to. The characters are mostly likable, and Megan Fox supplies the eye candy. This portrays an overly simple, and deceitfully denigrating outlook on marriage, that I found disturbing.
August 17, 2014
Makes you think. Mmm....Ok, not really ha! Of course, despite the good cast, it's not Bridesmaids
August 16, 2014
This reminds me of When Harry Met Sally only they start with a kid. Some of the scenes are almost verbatim. Not bad but not great.
August 14, 2014
If you're looking for a romance movie which plays up the stereotypical idea that men are only in relationships for the sexual aspect then this movie is for you. Aside from that it was a very predictable and washed out plot.
July 30, 2014
You can pretty much guess how this film will pan-out after the first scene. Whilst your prediction won't be spot-on the rest of the film in-between is not. It's formulaic with some crass language thrown in to try and disguise this, however people don't really speak like this.
July 19, 2014
Honest and interesting until a obnoxious final scene.
July 18, 2014
Turned out better than I thought it would be.
July 17, 2014
The talented cast and Jennifer Westfeldt's sharp script help keep this movie out of sitcom territory.