67% The Maze Runner Sep 19

83% Sons of Anarchy: Season 7

From Time to Time Reviews

Cynthia S

November 6, 2012
I just love this kind of movie. Delightful. Heartwarming. Historical. Imaginative...in a good way. This was a sweet English drama for young adults, and people like me.
Sunil J

May 12, 2012
I liked it a lot more than most I guess. I thought it was sweet and a fun mystery for young adults.
September 7, 2014
I love the concept, and there are parts of this movie that are absolutely fantastic, but it's so slow moving it's nearly unbearable. Too bad, because with a bit more action it would have been excellent.
dolorescosby16
September 7, 2012
This is a magical tell of a boy who soul was so open that it allowed him to see another world that existed.
May 17, 2014
I loved this movie! It's perfect for kids thru middle school. But I love kids' movies so it was also perfect for me.
jmarinello
December 17, 2013
I loved this movie. Perfect for a young adult audience and me! The script was well written. I loved to see how the relationships between Maggie Smith and her grandson developed over time. As they found they were both united in their love and worry for Tolly's missing father. The characters were so believeable; good characters make bad decisions and you understand why the bad characters behave poorly. No one is one dimensional or a caricature which grounds the film so that when the main character turns a corner in the house and ends up in the 19th century you get caught up in his desire to figure out the mysteries of the house. I really recommend this film.
it grounded the film making so when the main character turns a corner in the house and ends up in the 19th century you don't think a thing of it.
May 19, 2013
Need your DOWNTON ABBEY fix? Well until it returns, try this Julian Fellowes cross between THE SECRET GARDEN and DOWNTON ABBEY. It stars Maggie Smith, Hugh Bonneville and several other DOWNTON cast. It was filmed before the series began. Smith is wonderfully small compared to her Dowager Countess of Grantham. The film plays fast and loose with time travel and fantasy, but there's a big old English country house and plenty of big old English country thespians, including Pauline Collins and Timothy Spall. What more does one require?
September 9, 2012
Cute kid's flick with the great Dame Maggie and a gorgeous English county house.
November 29, 2012
A sweet sentimental ghost story.
November 12, 2012
I really love Maggie Smith, and found the film to be a solid mystery with unique character development. Not to mention the beautiful old house and surrounding countryside. Jumping "between times" was a little disjointing, however.
August 31, 2012
I was enchanted by the story- and I'm an adult! I'm not in the business of qualifying or quantifying whether a film is for 'young' adults or for 'family'. A film either engages or not. I loved it.
May 28, 2011
This family film - that mixes Regency ghosts and a rambling, secret-filled mansion - lacks oomph and charm despite its top shelf cast, including Maggie Smith and Timothy Spall. The biggest problem standing in the way of the film's success is that it is neither a full-on family film nor a grown up drama - and the ending is both sombre and flat.
Jennie C.
May 20, 2011
A wonderful film! Beautifully filmed and acted - well, anything with Maggie Smith, Timothy Spall and Pauline Collins is worth seeing - and with an underlying message about love and coming to terms with death. I can't recommend this too highly.
February 26, 2011