Movies Like From Dusk Till Dawn 2: Texas Blood Money

14/01/2012 (NetFlix PS3)
FilmFanatik
FilmFanatik

August 5, 2007
A fun sequel - even though hardly nobody from the original had much to do with it.
TheDudeLebowski65
TheDudeLebowski65

June 9, 2010
Considering how the first one injected new blood in the vampire genre, and did something totally different, this one is a bit of a let down. From Dusk Til Dawn 2 has a decent story, but it doesn't elevate it to new heights and ends up being an average film and this is a great shame because the first one was one of the best vampire films of the 1990's. In the end, not even a film produced by Tarantino and Rodriguez can make this sequel soar and break new ground. Average, but will leave you feel empty, and somewhat cheated out.
deano
deano

May 24, 2007
Cool special effects which are hit-and-miss of the vampires. I was glad to see Robert Patrick's character was a survivor of the bank heist team who fought against his crew who became bloodsuckers.
The film works fine with its hilarious dialogue as the characters speak very personal things that reminded me, of course, of Quentin Tarantino, but it worked very well. The truth is I really like the original movie better than this straight-to-video sequel.
Anthony L

September 22, 2009
You know, the direction in this film is one of the best I've ever seen. No really, some of the camera work is truly original, what other film can say its taken a shot down the coil of a phone line? Anyway, I like silly sequels to horror films, they are fun and this is certainly one of the better ones!
middleeasternfilms
middleeasternfilms

May 26, 2008
The original was a film that Quentin and Rob just wanted to have fun making. But this one...has no excuse. Robert Patrick is kickass in it, as he always is. That's about it...except for BRUCE FUCKING CAMPBELL!!! He makes a cameo at the beginning for less than 5 minutes then dies, but dammit it's worth it! And Danny Trejo. And the closeted homo pawn shop owner from Pulp Fiction. Not a good movie by any means, but it was good enough to earn another sequel.
Dean !

January 7, 2007
A poor sequel in comparison to the cult success of the first film. Plenty of recognizable faces, like Robert Patrick, in this and a few I didn't realize were in this. The only connection really to the first is the Bar from the first and Danny Trejo, but he plays a different character anyway!?
Luke B

March 7, 2009
The film has the same basic feel as the previous installment. Unfortunately without Tarantino's wise ass script, a lot of the dialogue and relationships fall flat. Patrick does a grand job in the lead role, and at least most of the actors are exactly that. But with no Keitel or Clooney you can't expect the same quality. The film fails by moving the action away from the Titty Twister. There's a quick visit, but then it takes place around a bank heist, probably because of budget. It would have been nice to explore the origins of the Titty Twister and the vampire fraternity.Deserves credit for the opening elevator scene between Bruce Campbell and Kelly Kapowski. Still enjoyable but nothing on the first film.
Jason S

October 3, 2007
Crappy movie. It didn't even seemed like they were trying with this one. The worst cinematography ever.
skactopus
skactopus

May 20, 2007
This is one of those sequels that is a bit better than the first, although most people will disagree. It is obvious that the first film did have a much higher budget and more recognizable faces, but this film, like the first, does have a good variety of characters.As far as the action goes there is about the same amount as the first film (most appearing at the end), but this flick does have better cinematography and it was more suspenseful. The story itself isn't as deep as the first but it is just as good. The ending fight scene was more enjoyable as well. It does a complete 180 compared to the first. Instead of a handful of people taking on a whole bunch of vampires there are 4 vampires taking on a whole bunch of humans (mostly cops). In the entire movie there were maybe only 5-6 vampires total, so if your looking for a bunch of vampires like the first you will be disappointed. Don't be fooled though, just because there are only 4 vampires at the end doesn't mean there isn't a blood fest. As a matter of fact this movie is as gory as the first, maybe even gorier.When all is bitten and done this movie isn't anything spectacular, but if your in the mood for a good western vampire tale then this movie should quench your thirst just fine.
Dann M

October 15, 2012
The ridiculous low-budget sequel From Dusk Till Dawn 2: Texas Blood Money is a bit of fun, but overall it's garbage. The story follows a Mexican bank robbery where one-by-one the robbers are being turned into vampires. The vampire effects are a little better and more consistent than in the first film, but they're still rather hokey. And, the acting is terrible across the board. It's rather clear that no one's putting in much effort on this film. From Dusk Till Dawn 2: Texas Blood Money is a weak and poorly made film that doesn't have the charisma of the original.
Kevin M

March 29, 2012
While it is fun to watch bad B-movies like this, it's still a terribly bad waste of time.
Marion R

January 11, 2009
I know I saw this craptacular, and it was just dumb
Christopher B

March 16, 2008
The POV movie from hell. Every inanimate object gets a POV in this one, whether it a rotating fan or a wheel of a car. The movie's not all that hot, especially since I loved Spiegel's Intruder so much, but maybe now that I know what I'm getting into I could enjoy it more.
iLeo
iLeo

December 10, 2007
I don't know about this one, I think the first was the best. The third is a little all right, but I think the plot lacked luster.
PC79
PC79

January 13, 2007
Not really as good as the first one, but I still enjoyed it.
FanGirl
FanGirl

June 21, 2006
The first one is the best and the 3rd is better then the 2nd.
July 7, 2013
Watch if you're bored. While it fails to entertain as much as the original, it does have its moments.
jamesm1068
October 3, 2009
One of the best, if not only for Selma Hayak, Clooney does a fine job, many stars in this film, good vampire movie.
November 21, 2008
This movie is fucking awesome. Scott Speigel goes way overboard with the camera angles using tracking shots, steadycam and point of view more than ever. It makes the movie look very humorous like Evil Dead 2 or something. Nothing is taken seriously in this movie, even less than it's predecessor. Lots of blood and gore, and non-stop action. Also, great to see Bruce Campbell, Danny Trejo (from the first one too), and Robert Patrick(T-1000!) all in one film