From Prada to Nada Reviews

LWOODS04
January 13, 2012
Cast: Camilla Belle, Alexa Vega, Wilmer Valderrama, Nicholas D'Agosto, April Bowlby, Kuno Becker, Adriana Barraza, Pablo Cruz, Karla Souza, Alexis Ayala

Director: Angel Gracia

Summary: Two Latina sisters accustomed to luxury and high style become penniless when their father dies, forcing them to move in with working class relatives, in this spirited comedy loosely based on Jane Austen's "Sense and Sensibility."

My Thoughts: "I liked the movie. It was just a light dramedy that had some likeable characters. Well likeable by the end, the beginning, not so much. It took some time to warm up to the characters but when I did I didn't hate them. The acting was good by most. But this is one of the better straight to DVD dramedies out these days. Good job by Alexa Vega. Camilla Belle was just lifeless in this role, but you can't blame her for it was the character that made her such a bore. But not a bad film. Even Wilmer Valderrama did a good job in his supporting role. Just a flick that would be good to watch on a long rainy day."
½ August 11, 2011
I thought that this was cute. And when did Wilmer Valderrama grow up to be such a hottie? hmmmm. Anyway, not the best, but definitely enjoyable enough.
March 30, 2011
I was expecting this film to be funny with a little bit of drama; it was actually drama with a little bit of comedy. It was not as silly as advertised. However it does dive into Mexican culture, but adds some predictable romantic twists.
It was well acted with Wilmer Valderrama fitting nicely into this film. Overall it was not what I expected, but a solid film. If you love Mexican culture then this is a must-see.
½ January 30, 2011
Forgettable.
MANUGINO
February 21, 2011
A Riches to Rags Story

The movie was good and had a very important story which is don't forget where you come from and value your family always because you never know when you will need them. The acting was the low-point of this film since it didn't have any experience actors and to tell the truth this was more of a comedy than anything else.

A Latina spin on Jane Austen's "Sense and Sensibility," where two spoiled sisters who have been left penniless after their father's sudden death are forced to move in with their estranged aunt in East Los Angeles.
November 6, 2012
Predictable, cheesy, typical teen-aimed romantic comedy... check. But it's actually not all that horrible. Probably not something I would want to see again, but the characters are kind of charismatic and overall it's a pretty cute, albeit really corny movie.
½ December 21, 2011
Anything Jane Austen-inspired is going to be on my viewing list, so this film made it onto my Netflix queue. I wasn't expecting anything groundbreaking or original, just something fun and sweet, with some romance and comedy. And that's what you got here. While you have to buy that Camilla Belle has no time for guys, the plot is well-shifted from Austen's own into the Latino culture, and the leading men are pleasantly appealing. D'Agosto has a charm that deserves more recognition and when did Fes from That '70s Show get to be so commanding? :) Nothing great but fun.
½ October 22, 2011
It was just okay. I probably wouldnt watch it again. I did notice that after Mary's car accident when she was in the hospital, they showed a shot of the outside of the hospital she was in, and the sign said "linda Vista Hospital" That hospital was featured in a episode of Ghost Adventures, and I think it's been closed for a few years now due to some shady practices. Just something intresting I noticed.
January 22, 2011
While this is an extremely loose, modern day version of Austen's S&S... it's a cute & enjoyable movie nonetheless.
July 4, 2011
This was not the best movie, but it was good to see at least once and it kept me enntertained for the most part. There were some parts that were a little slow moving, but thankfully those didn't last to long.
½ January 17, 2011
bad acting at points but cute. Good/okay but not a "great" movie. Best performances by Alexa, Wilmer, Adriana, Kuno, and Nicholas. :)
½ May 16, 2011
Despite the oh-so-obvious ending, I kind of liked the movie. You know, there were two very hot guys amongst the main charcters sooo...
May 12, 2011
Predictable... nothing new, nothing worthy. If you are a girl, you might like this... but no man should ever be subjected to viewing material such as this.
February 12, 2015
From Prada to Nada feels like a cheaply made television movie, with acting and writing to match. Whether it is the cheesy and predictable plot, to the painfully irritating characters, this movie fails to maintain interest and ends up being forgettable affair. I would not recommend this on any level. 1 out of 5 stars.
½ December 16, 2014
To say that this movie is a modern retelling of Sense and Sensibility is an insult to Jane Austen. There is zero character development, and the romances seem to be based on physical attraction alone. The fact that the sisters grew up in a household where their father and servants all spoke Spanish, yet they both never picked up some of the language, is unbelievable.

This movie spends so much time stressing how much the sisters, lives have changed that no time is left to build the romantic storylines, necessary to make the ending realistic.
January 22, 2013
I like the movie__makes me laugh
April 10, 2013
...a vapid, dumb and uninspired comedic drama completely incapable of giving a resolution.
May 24, 2013
As time goes on, it seems like Hollywood is getting better at depicting real Latino life scenarios, in this case a Mexican family....with Wil Valderama, this film actually succeeds on the principal of knowing your roots, riches to rags, stays lighthearted, and has fun while doing so...I will give it 4 stars, 80%
½ May 16, 2013
This drama/romance just wasn't interesting enough for me but kudos to Alexa Vega and Adriana Barraza for some genuine performances.
March 17, 2013
sweet story with some smacrt actinga nd a great insight into the mexican lifestyale