Frost/Nixon Reviews

June 7, 2015
Brilliantly made and edited. Slow but NOT boring. Powerful yet subtle background score. The acting was among the finest I've seen, with both the main characters excelling in both verbal and non-verbal scenes. This movie is among my TOP 25.

Highly recommended.
June 1, 2015
Very compelling acting, especially from Langella.
May 31, 2015
Behind of the cameras of the real-life "interview with the vampire".Remarkable Frank Langella in the skin of fallen-from-grace Richard Nixon
May 24, 2015
The performance by Langella is memorable. Some questions about historicity, but overall well done.
April 14, 2015
80% on my Tomatometer.
January 23, 2014
The amazing battle between the film's two main characters to recover their respect was enthralling to watch. The story moved along quite well, the history was intriguing but most of all it was enthralling to see these two actors make their characters so real and vulnerable. Their lengthy duel in the documentary was fascinating and the complications behind the scenes only added to its weight.
March 23, 2015
Well written, and well directed, but elevated by two superb lead performances by Michael Sheen and Frank Langella.
March 8, 2015
Visceral, endearing and powerful. Bolstering stupendous performances from Michael Sheen and Frank Langella, Frost Nixon shows new sides of television interviewing and Frank Langella's enchanting and committed performance as disgraced President Richard Nixon both immortalizes and humanizes a man who Americans have come to know as a reviled figure in our history. The battle of TV behind the camera is interesting, but the main invent is the intense battle of wits between David Frost and Richard Nixon, cementing this as a classic.
½ June 3, 2009
Well done. Long but interesting.
½ March 5, 2015
This is one of the best movies I've seen in a while. And I've seen it about 6 times by now. I'm not even saying I like it because Sam Rockwell is in it, but when I argue that the man has never been in a shit movie, I tend to quote this right beside the Green Mile.

Summary: There is no particular story to it, being a recap of what really happened. Famous actors act like it's an interview about the interview, talking about the past recalling what has happened before and after the very, very famous 1977 interviews of Richard Nixon by british tv host David Frost. The rest is history, and the interviews are available for free on youtube.

Pros: Sam Rockwell, the acting is absolutely fantastic and there is some serious attention to the details, from costumes to haircuts to the voice acting by Langella, to resemble Nixon's babbling deep voice. There is also Hall's serious eye-candy, so it's by far a great view from the start to the end. Surprising addition to the team is the presence of Michael Sheen, who for me will forever be Lucien from Underworld (which isn't exactly a compliment), yet holds his ground with the difficult character and a great british accent.

Cons: Richard Nixon looks nothing like Nixon, I understand the choice of actor because of the quality of Langella's acting, but while Frost is VERY similar to the original, it takes a lot of imagination to remember that Langella's supposed to be nixon.
Sheen's character furthermore is dislikable from the very beginning, as he -but maybe that's the director's choice- seems to be on edge/uncomfortable the entire time throughout the movie.
Kevin Bacon still is absolutely terrible at what he does and seems completely overrated as his character is pointless from minute 0 to the very end, two hours later.

Overall a great movie to watch, but not a party choice. Must Watch. Alone.
March 1, 2015
Ron Howard's compelling film about one of the most famous American television interviews utilises its artistic license to an extent that 'Frost/Nixon' is best taken as a piece of creative non-fiction rather than an outright historical drama. This does not distract from the competencies of the production, whose design, score, photography and editing give the film a sense of authenticity. In the titular roles, Michael Sheen is boyishly charismatic and the perfect opponent to the assured and intimidating Frank Langella; Oliver Platt and especially Kevin Bacon are in solid form as their respective sidekicks. That these particular actors aren't spitting images of their real-life counterparts is irrelevant - their performances are strong and affecting because they embody vital characteristics that give them the depth required for the telling of such a story. Even though the film might keep those unfamiliar with the events leading up to the interview at a distance, a viewing of Alan J. Pakula's superior 'All the President's Men' (1976) will help put this into context, it's a worthwhile exercise nonetheless.
January 30, 2015
An incredible screenplay which the main players tear into with formidable talent. Full review later.
January 21, 2015
82%
Saw this on 21/1/15
Although not as powerful as the other real life story adaptations of Ron Howard, this film is so full of fine cinematography, acting and it covers one of the most eventful and rarest incidents in global politics for which it needs to be praised. But unlike films like JFK, one cannot understand this film without knowing the American political events properly which is a bit disappointing for non American viewers.
January 4, 2015
It builds nice and slowly with the tension rising to a rather fire like battle with very sufficient acting.
Robbanflix
March 11, 2009
This movie had some Oscar nominations this year 2009 for Best Picture and Actor (Frank Langella for the role as Nixon) but there were no wins. He did a very nice role but i liked almost more Michael Sheen (Underworld) as the british talk show David Frost. Very talented actor indeed. The story of this movie are true based of course based on the famous Watergate scandal and the interview between Nixon and Frost.Actually the interview was the highlight for this flick and the rest was not quite so interesting for me. Not a movie in my taste really but i think if u have more knowledge about this whole story you will enjoy it much more. Still a well made movie so a 3.5 in rate its worth in the end.
November 14, 2014
Missed the first 45 minutes, but I doubt that'd change my score for the worse.
November 13, 2014
The behind the scenes of historic events movies are kind of wearing on me. This one I didn't find that interesting. Well-made, but fairly boring.
½ October 9, 2014
Although I've felt like Ron Howard's movies have been hit-and-miss, he hit the bullseye on this one. I was around 3-4 years old when this happened in real life, so I never knew it had occurred. In addition, since one of my favorite movies of all time is All the President's Men, one would think I would have heard about this interview. It took me a while to finally get around to seeing it, but the acting was very strong. The story was intriguing. And, I learned a little something. Not bad at all...
½ September 29, 2014
Frank Langella shines in this. It may not be totally accurate to what actually happened, but Ron Howard does a good job of making an engaging movie first while still retaining the spirit of the history.
½ September 23, 2014
Some excellent performances and interesting subject matter.