63% The Maze Runner Sep 19

The Full Monty Reviews

FiLmCrAzY
FiLmCrAzY

November 5, 2007
A great working class film, that has depth but also a comedic feel that will leave a giant smile on your face, you will also be moved to dance witht the great soundtrack!
Red L

June 28, 2012
This is a funny film - in part because these guys make the best of a horrible situation - most of Sheffield being thrown out of work when the steelworkers are all laid off.
TheDudeLebowski65
TheDudeLebowski65

May 18, 2012
The Full Monty is a good little comedy with a great cast. I very enjoyed the film, and thought it was a fine film for what it was. If you're looking for a charming comedy, The Full Monty may not be the masterwork everyone has claimed it to be. However, it is a well acted film with a feel good tone. The cast are very good and there's not one character that you dislike. This is a well directed film, one that really stands out. The film is very good, but I found that the comedic delivery was at times short. I felt that the gags fell flat at times, but in the end the film told a good story. The film has some pretty decent gags going through it, but there's never anything hilarious going on. I felt that the film was good because of the cast, and story, and it has some laughs throughout the film. As far as this film being the greatest British comedy, it's far from it. The film is worth seeing and it manages to be a memorable and must see film. The cast make this film work well enough. The script is well written, and The Full Monty is a smart, but flawed comedy that manages to entertain due to its diverse characters and good cast. This may not be the best comedy that every critic has claimed it to be, but it's still worth watching. Robert Carlyle and company are fun to watch on-screen. This is a well crafted film, and though it has its flaws, it's a must see. Brilliantly acted and directed, The Full Monty is a good spirited flick that is simply charming.
YodaMasterJedi
YodaMasterJedi

September 8, 2010
4 stars
neverteaseaweasel
neverteaseaweasel

November 16, 2009
This movie is nothing short of incredible. Predictable and obvious, yes; but amazing all the same. It is certainly a feel-good movie, and pretty shallow, as well; but at the same time, there is a little bit of meat (no pun intended) if you are looking for it. The acting was really good in the sense that every really seemed in touch with their character. The roles themselves were not noteworthy, per say, but they were portrayed in a noteworthy way. I would like to say more, but there really is nothing else to say. It is a sweet, funny movie: Sort of cheesy, sort of heartbreaking, and completely hilarious from start to finish.
BEACHBUNNI
BEACHBUNNI

February 8, 2008
loved this movie! who wouldnt love the track "you can leave your hat on" by joe cocker
FilmFanatik
FilmFanatik

March 16, 2010
Not a great flick, but it serves its purpose.
Anthony L

September 23, 2009
When a new British Film is dubbed 'The best British film' it?s usually a good indication that it is in fact crap. This film is another reason the British film industry is in the shit, your mum likes it but she knows nothing about good film and can?t even remember the damn thing anyway! When any new film is dubbed ?The funniest comedy since The Full Monty? I avoid it like the plague. Rest in Peace British cinema, you once were great.
arashxak
arashxak

July 31, 2008
Hilarious & touching with a beautiful music score and obviously far better than that crap Titanic
Aaron N

March 9, 2007
Dave: Anti-wrinkle cream there may be, but anti-fat-bastard cream there is not.

Despite the subject matter (male stripping), this is a very funny and original movie.

The story involves a group of out-of-work men in England, who decide to put on their own strip show after seeing how much money it can make. Fairly simple setup, with a number of personal stories handled along the way.

A lot of the jokes come from the fact that these are inexperienced, out of work guys, who you do not want to see strip, but they each have their own problems, and know they could make a lot of money doing so.

Police Inspector: So your daddy dances in front of you, does he?
Nathan: Only when he's rehearsing.

The movie plays like a sports movie, with the underdogs going against the odds, while everyone bets against them, in order to hopefully succeed in the end.

We are treated to a lot of montage scenes of these guys learning how to dance and get routines down, as well as just seeing their lives and why they might need to do this.

Robert Carlyle and Tom Wilkinson (in roles that don't need them to be so serious for a change) are very good in their roles, as a man trying to afford joint custody to be with his son and another man looking not feel like a failure in front of his wife.

This whole movie is just very satisfying on a number of levels. Its funny, well put together in terms of its simplistic style and soundtrack, and makes for pleasing moments involving these characters. A joy to watch.

Gaz: I don't suppose you could lend us a jacket...
Dave: Oh, Gaz...
Gaz: Oh, come on, Dave, it's not for me, it's a funeral.
Dave: [pause] What color?
Gaz: [pause] Orange.
Dave: Orange?
Gaz: *Black* for fuck's sake!
Lady D

February 28, 2007
Great British Cast, who wouldn't enjoy this film?
Mark H

June 12, 2008
Unbelievably nominated against "Titanic" for best picture.
Sarah G

August 28, 2006
RE-REVIEW 5/5/08

Damn, I seriously underated this the first time watched it about the time of release. Just re-watched it and release what an utter classic it really is. Superb script, acting and touches upon some strong social issues that affected the North of England.

Worth checking out aswell for a great performance by Tom Wilkinson.

Still can't figure out why I gave this 3.5 stars?!

9/10
Jennifer X

December 1, 2007
Robert Carlyle is such a chameleon. I didn't even realize that he was the scary psycho in Trainspotting until about halfway through the movie. This is such a F-U-N-N-Y movie about British working class antics. All the characters are so lovable and fun to watch. It's well organized and never runs too long. If you like popular 70s music this is the film for you.
thmtsang
thmtsang

January 1, 2008
A group of out of work steel workers organise a Chippendale style performance. Similar vein to 'Brassed Off' about people's spirits despite hard times.
Michael S

March 18, 2007
One of my favorite comedies.
garyX
garyX

February 24, 2007
Blah blah likeable working class folk yadda yadda challenged by adversity murmur murmur grow as human beings yawn yawn. I wish the british film industry would turn the bloody (Hot Chocolate) record over...
Michael G

October 18, 2006
If you're a bored soccer mom you'll love it. Otherwise wait until you're bored. Good, but overrated.
Stuart B