Fullmetal Alchemist: The Sacred Star of Milos Reviews

January 17, 2012
Pretty interesting, but formulaic and simple. I haven't finished the series yet.
½ January 17, 2012
A little more violent than what I'm used to in the FMA series and a little cheesy to be honest. Maybe because the writers had to rush through things as they only had roughly 2 hours to tell this story as opposed to an entire series. I think this was the reason I was iffy on watching an FMA movie and I think my experience backs it. The action was great but some of the animation, like the characters' hair, look sloppily done. Perhaps my expectations are too high. The villain reminded me of the villain from the Cowboy Bebop movie but the animation was so much more fluid and well-done and the violence didn't just come out of nowhere. You were expecting it. Entertaining but it pales in comparison to both FMA series.
½ August 7, 2012
A little too open-and-close. Would be better if we had a film that contributed something to the overall story, but FMA functions the same whether or not this film exists.
January 17, 2012
Ah, FMA. Good anime it was. It had my attention for a while and I ofound myself eagerly awaiting the next episode of it. The dub was one of the better ones I've seen, as well. The characters are well developed, and the world is thought out well, too.
January 17, 2012
Along side with Wolf's Rain, I consider it to be the best anime I've seen to date. This particular anime holds a special place to my heart because I discovered it's greatness as an anime and bought all 13 volumes.
August 9, 2015
Good animation and plot but strictly filler or more of a fan service. Doesn't add anything to the FMA main story line, also the timeline would be somewhere in the middle of FMA: Brotherhood, would have preferred if it were a continuation to the series.
January 3, 2015
Typical fan-service-esque movie spinoff of a popular anime series - weak plot but a big ol' adventure involving the whole family.
November 15, 2014
It is really dangerous to open the door of truth.

Kazuya Murata, director of episodes from the television series Planetes and Steele Angel Kurumi, delivers Fullmetal Alchemist: The Sacred Star of Milos. The storyline is fairly good and is about our heroes trying to solves a web of mysteries around the city's powers throughout its past. The animation is very clean and well done. Some of the scenes were overdone, but that's common in anime (I just thought more so than in similar film like Cowboy Bebop).

"I have no more use for you."

I am a fan of certain anime and adore watching the movies. I found this on Netflix and decided to give it a shot. I thought it was actually pretty good and I really liked the characters. The action scenes were pretty good outside of a few jump/flying scenes early on that annoyed me. Overall, this is a worthwhile film even if you never watched the series.

"I am the full metal alchemist."

Grade: B+
September 10, 2014
It's a fun watch, but the story is a mess, even for a standalone plot that won't connect to the anime and the animation makes it look like the studio was trying to go full Ghibli and failed. At least there's action.
½ August 31, 2014
I'm going to assume Square Enix's game publishing business practice rubbed off onto its animation department. In the end, The Sacred Star of Milos feels more like an extended side-arc episode in part due to its incredible step-down in the animation department and flimsy plot.
January 6, 2014
This was just another anime movie that didn't fit into the canon of the series. It has great animation and is a good stand-alone movie, but it just didn't feel like it belonged to FMA Brotherhood.
½ August 13, 2013
while not original it is still a well written story with our favorite heroes.
August 12, 2013
The movie fell apart towards the end like most full-length anime. It's still pretty fun tho.
½ July 24, 2013
It has its flaws with a hard to follow and exposition heavy plot, but ultimately it still feels like FMA. Has excellent animation and a stunning soundtrack.
July 10, 2013
This movie was really high-paced.
June 27, 2013
A beautiful action-packed drama that explores darker regions of the Fullmetal Alchemist universe with our favorite characters and newcomers. This film is a well-brewed love letter from Hiromu Arakawa to her loyal fans.
June 13, 2013
The animation was horrible: especially Edward's hair. Dumb plot twists and just dumb characters in general. There was just too much stuff going on at once and plot twists that change the entire story right away. They just tried to fit way to much material within 2 hours.
½ May 8, 2013
Enjoyable enough for a die-hard fan of the series, but with no tie-in to the canonical story, it leaves you with the stale aftertaste of a cheap knockoff. The terrible frame rate certainly doesn't help either.
May 2, 2012
I absolutely adore this series, but the movie was disappointing. It didn't even feel like part of the series anymore, both in the animation quality (the overall aesthetic) and how well it blends into our knowledge of the world it is in.