Fun

Fun Reviews

deano
deano

February 6, 2007
Heavenly Creatures meets Natural Born Killers in this story of two misfits who cement their unnaturally close bond with an act of murder. Well-acted, but the script seems familiar and the direction is show-offishly busy.
Lafe F

August 18, 2007
A superb film. Two girls, Hillary and Bonnie become best friends for a day, and go on spree of fun - ending up with the murder of a nice old lady. This is intercut with black and white footage of them in a juvenile detention centre, being interviewed by a reporter and a psychologist. It really gets in depth with the girl's personalities. Hard to watch the murder scenes. Quite interesting how lost these girls are in their fun.
Daniel P

October 21, 2006
I bought this blind on VHS a few years ago as a fan of Alicia Witt. This is a superior, superbly acted and interestingly shot teen flick, and kind of works as a companion piece to "Thirteen". Ignore the dodgy DVD cover art and give it a go - most online stores sell it for under 10 bucks so how can you go wrong?
March 13, 2010
A twisted tale of two disturbed teenage idiots who feed off of one anothers sick & depraved manic behavior that culminates in the murder of a little old lady...

It's been over 10 years since I've seen it. Tho I do remember enough of it to give it an honest rating, I would definitely like to see this again!
PillowPantss
January 22, 2009
Two lonely friendless disturbed teens..meet by chance...and together they're dangerous. They feed off each others craziness and lies and manic behaviors. and kill just because they are bored and wanted something "fun" to do. It's a good movie.
funkthingsup
August 30, 2006
LOVE THIS FILM!! It's low budget , independant, but it's AWESOME!! One of my top 10 best of all time.
Nizar Ezzeddine
October 1, 2013
It was really strange for me to see the past in colors and the present in black & white, then I discovered how tension is immersed in the present to make it gray. No matter how your definition of "Fun" is, It's not the kind of "Fun" which amuse the "natural" audiences, it is a fun.. but that satisfying mental patients or murderers. Alicia Witt was absolutely great, she was invoked completely in the role, while William R. Moses played a nice a developed role that he showed some essential emotions towards his patients.
Rafal Zielinski dug a lot inside the psychological nature of born killer as it was a manner to express themselves in, via these two teenagers, we cannot trust what they said about themselves, or the torture and rape they might suffer with their families, because they didn't have the disconnection dissociation between realities and fictions, but we can feel how much they were in need for love, fun, happiness and personality.
Good metal music and editing, love the way of telling the event with flashback. It's fun to watch it, though the irony is it's a murder for fun!
July 5, 2007
Wow! This was a creepy movie.
Joe R.
September 6, 2009
An incredible movie which leaves you with many questions at the end. The low budget is evident and the plot seems pretty basic, but the movie prevails with interesting character personalities. Also the movie has a cool 90's feel to it.
Hogleebogdog
March 11, 2005
Fun is an exceptional film. It is the type of film that makes you think about what has gone on long after the end titles have rolled. The two girls Bonnie and Hillary are played by Alicia Witt and Renee Humphrey with exquisite attention to detail; body language, nuance of voice are carefully woven to portray this day in the life of these tragic, teenage misfits. A disturbing film but so carefully directed that it is hard for the viewer not to feel sympathy for an otherwise unsympathetic act. When the girls murder a poor old lady the sorrow I felt, as the viewer, was for the girls as well as the victim. In a way all three were victims. Not a film to view if you want a light evening but certainly one to watch if you enjoy thought provoking entertainment.