Fun - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fun Reviews

February 16, 2015
Alicia Witt's performance is simply mind-blowing
February 4, 2015
One of the most shocking and disturbing films of all time. Yes, I'm completely serious. Hard to find, but if you do stumble across it, prepare to be dazzled by great performances and unsettling realism.
½ October 1, 2013
It was really strange for me to see the past in colors and the present in black & white, then I discovered how tension is immersed in the present to make it gray. No matter how your definition of "Fun" is, It's not the kind of "Fun" which amuse the "natural" audiences, it is a fun.. but that satisfying mental patients or murderers. Alicia Witt was absolutely great, she was invoked completely in the role, while William R. Moses played a nice a developed role that he showed some essential emotions towards his patients.
Rafal Zielinski dug a lot inside the psychological nature of born killer as it was a manner to express themselves in, via these two teenagers, we cannot trust what they said about themselves, or the torture and rape they might suffer with their families, because they didn't have the disconnection dissociation between realities and fictions, but we can feel how much they were in need for love, fun, happiness and personality.
Good metal music and editing, love the way of telling the event with flashback. It's fun to watch it, though the irony is it's a murder for fun!
December 18, 2012
Disturbing yet haunting examination of teenage nihilism--Excellent. Chilling. Heartfelt. Grotesquely beautiful!!
July 5, 2007
Wow! This was a creepy movie.
½ April 30, 2012
This film was brilliant, yet it manages to make us see how messed up people can really be. Very great acting done on everyones part.

Two girls meet by coincidence. From there, they talk about murdering someone to have a good time. They go to an old woman's place, and act as if they need help, because one of them was "injured". Unfortunately, the woman gets killed. They thought it was awesome, but they learned their lesson by going to jail.
½ September 25, 2011

January 2, 2011
im not sure what to make of this film. it lacked on some bits, but alot of i think sme can relate to, could have had more to the story. but this is kind of a good movie to start out with in the acting industry i guess
½ March 13, 2010
A twisted tale of two disturbed teenage idiots who feed off of one anothers sick & depraved manic behavior that culminates in the murder of a little old lady...

It's been over 10 years since I've seen it. Tho I do remember enough of it to give it an honest rating, I would definitely like to see this again!
December 18, 2009
One of the best movies I've ever seen. I wish I can someday find dvd or vhs of this.
½ October 26, 2009
this movie is so shocking and sad. to think that they actually considered killing an old lady fun, is disgusting. alicia witt's character is totally loopy, whereas her friend's is completely loathsome. she acts like a know-it-all bitch, and alicia witt's character is so un-evolved she follows right along. it's pathetic and that's the only reason i like this movie--call it a guilty pleasure.
½ September 6, 2009
An incredible movie which leaves you with many questions at the end. The low budget is evident and the plot seems pretty basic, but the movie prevails with interesting character personalities. Also the movie has a cool 90's feel to it.
November 5, 2006
The plot description is so funny; "A portrait of two teenage girls who, shortly after meeting and becoming instant friends, murder an old woman." Who wouldn't want to see this movie, I'd say we could all relate.
January 22, 2009
Two lonely friendless disturbed teens..meet by chance...and together they're dangerous. They feed off each others craziness and lies and manic behaviors. and kill just because they are bored and wanted something "fun" to do. It's a good movie.
August 31, 2008
You sit through this movie thinking that they might get it on ... they never do.
deano
February 6, 2007
Heavenly Creatures meets Natural Born Killers in this story of two misfits who cement their unnaturally close bond with an act of murder. Well-acted, but the script seems familiar and the direction is show-offishly busy.
April 7, 2008
A very disturbing plot is used as a mirror for our society's values.
Good acting on the main roles.
Very poor narrative.
½ April 5, 2008
Some great performances here.
March 31, 2008
girls just wanna have fun