Fun With Dick and Jane Reviews

½ July 18, 2011
Compared to most of Carrey's comedies, at least this one tries to do something different and include a certain amount of thoughtfulness, but it is very strangely paced and the laughs simply aren't frequent enough.
FiLmCrAzY
September 9, 2007
I didnt enjoy this movie that much, it was more annoying then actually funny.
Not a bad cast but the storyline and Plot is just silly. I dont think its even a movie worth wasting your time watching!
CloudStrife84
½ April 12, 2007
My least favourite Jim Carrey movie. Altough it amused me enough to say it was worth my while, there was something really off about its endeavours to evoke laughter. Carrey does the best he can, so he can't be blamed for it. No, the problem is traced to the lackluster script. There are a few scenes where I came close to a genuine chuckle, but on the whole it's so flat that I felt indifferent to watching it. The only reason I continued, was in the naive hope that it would get better somehow. Sadly though, that never happened, which once again affirms my theory that all the good comedy writers died off at the turn of the millenium (look at what befalled The Simpsons for example, and you'll know that I'm right). Because while we in the 90's got great Carrey flicks like The Mask and Dumb and Dumber, we now have to settle for mediocracy like this and Yes Man. A shame to be sure, because with talent like Jim's, he deserves a lot better.
Directors Cat
½ November 14, 2011
Remember The Mask? The film that became so popular because of Carrey's physical comedy performances? Fun With Dick and Jane is just like that. It's not as funny neither does it have any character development but trust me. It's funny.
DreamExtractor
August 15, 2011
Funny at some parts, but mostly a bad movie, I did not enjoy it almost at all, one of Jim Carreys bad movies.
murphmann93
June 24, 2011
It was an ok film!
TheGame90
½ January 21, 2011
I don't know. It's not bad. But it's just useless. There is no need for this movie. Can't imagine anyone having this as favorite movie. It's just not good enough
May 6, 2007
This film was much more fun than I expected. A bit of a shame that it didn't come a little later, when there was so much more to say about the consequences of greed and America's continuing economic meltdown. That out of the way, Jim Carrey and Tea Leoni are a believable, cursed pair that made me laugh (Carrey especially). There aren't many comic actors left who can carry a bad movie the way he does with his over-the-top energy. (Indicted?!?!??!) And this isn't to say it's a bad movie; it's a one-note comedy and Alec Baldwin's the weakest link, but Judd Apatow's rebooted script is better than expected. One for a wasted Sunday, i.e. when you were out too late the Saturday before. As I may or may not have been when I caught this on TV. Check it out and have a laugh, it's alright!
June 25, 2010
the first time I saw this the first half was boring but the second half was hilarious but I saw this again and it wasn't funny anymore. C
½ May 26, 2006
Not Much, Fun With Dick And Jane. Jim Carey delivers some hilarity in this remake of the 1977 comedy show. Seems to be fashionable to make remakes these days, with Herbie, Bewitched, Dukes of Hazard and now this. Not Jim's Best.
3niR
½ January 28, 2010
This wasn't that funny. But the ending was nice.
½ January 13, 2010
Alright for a young teen who is bored out of their mind and want to watch something that is average, because they have no idea what a good movie is!
½ November 25, 2009
While Jim Carrey clearly tried to make this as entertaining as possible, the story was just way too weak. Judd Apatow tends to write really bad screenplays that rely too much on improvisation. While it is a harmless comedy, it's nothing special.
November 10, 2009
It's not very funny and not very exciting, half way through you will start thinking about all the other things you could be doing with your time, like, watching a better film!
TomBowler
July 31, 2009
couple of funny moments
December 7, 2007
Very average comedy. Didn't hate it, and laughed a few times, but there's definitely better out there.
LorenzoVonMatterhorn
April 22, 2009
"See Dick Run"

An update of the 1977 comedy, Dick and Jane are living the good life. That is until Dick (Jim Carrey) loses his job shortly after getting a promotion that convinced his wife Jane (Téa Leoni) to quit her job. The money is gone, and the house ends up in foreclosure. Dick decides to turn to a hilarious life of crime to pay the bills with his lovely wife by his side. Then together they decide it's time to steal back what Former CEO Jack McCallister (Alec Baldwin) had stolen from them.

REVIEW
Fun with Dick and Jane is a competently done, moderately funny film. We've all sat through horrific stinkers and wished to heaven we could have our two hours back, and life is simply too short to watch terrible films, but sometimes you end up watching movies because you're sitting there and you don't want to move, because friends drag you to it, or because you've been unable to find a single other thing on the 500 channels on your satellite setup. Well, let me tell you that if you are forced to see it, you won't have the worst time of your life. Carrey has done oh so much worse things, and the grotesque poop/semen jokes are kept to a bare minimum, while the actual physical comedy and snappy lines work. I've seen better, but more importantly, I've seen far worse.
August 9, 2006
What's to say... it was okay.
½ June 14, 2006
Dick thinking he gets promoted but losing his job while Jane is quitting hers in expectation of plenty of income causes a lot of financial problems for Carrey and Leoni. The movie evolving around that is pretty much based on Carrey's comedy talent, but the plot and ideas leave him out in the cold several times. There are a few really hilarious scenes (the illegal working aliens or the voice scrambler) and the idea with the Spanish speaking kid is just fantastic. Sadly the story doesn't do much all by itself but jump from joke to joke with some of them not working quite that well and the "showdown" heist isn't really worth mentioning. The movie's fast and never boring, but considering it had a Jim Carrey it could have been a lot funnier.
SilentWarProductions2009
November 30, 2006
Directed by: Dean Parisot.
Starring: Jim Carrey, Tea Leoni, Alec Baldwin.

The film is terribly marketed and it appears like a cheap laughless cash-in, but thankfully it isn't what you would expect, but it isn't high class either.

But having said that, the one thing this film hits well on most of the time is its humour, it's a step up from most hollywood 'comedies' in actually producing some quirky gags (maybe Judd Apatow helped there?) and having Jim Carrey in the leading role is genius, he shines in one of his most over the top, hilarious roles since Ace Ventura (and he works well with Tea Leoni) and with some slightly clever ideas here and there (and the funny reference to corporate scandals just before the credits), that is really where it ends. The plot is as thin as you can get and the film flies too fast through any chance to form the film into a clever satire.

But for Jim Carrey fan's just looking for a laugh, you will be more then satisfied, one of the better hollywood comedies to come out thanks to Jim Carrey's shining role and some quirky gags that hit more then they miss, but any chance of being a great and clever satire is thrown out the window within the first 10 minutes.