Funny Bones - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Funny Bones Reviews

½ January 20, 2009
It was interesting. I thought it was funny, but the ending was pretty weak.
iLeo
January 20, 2008
Hilarious!
January 30, 2010
Such a quirky film, director Peter Chelsom at least takes some risks and tries something different, unfortunately, it doesn?t always work, but when it does it is fascinating. Leslie Caron is terrific in a supporting role. It is too often an uneasy mix of comedy and heavy drama and it's 2 hour and 8 minute length is excessive for a film of this nature. Excellent score, finely photographed.
January 30, 2010
July 13, 2008
Awesome movie with a very unfortunate name. I don't know if the studio just didn't promote this movie, I don't remember it in theaters at all, but it's great. Jerry Lewis, Oliver Platt and Lee Evans are just perfect.
½ March 27, 2007
Pretty pointless in my opinion, not a very good Oliver Platt movie, I prefer something like Three to Tango. :)
May 30, 2007
this is one movie that is amazing, though very strange, and at times, dark. though it is often overlooked. i think some of that is due to the design of the box. i know i would pass this movie if i saw the front of the box, it makes it look stupid, but in actual fact it's one of my favorite movies, and it's filmed in one of the strangest places i've been to: blackpool, england.
½ November 7, 2007
Homage, memory and unabashed zaniness infect "Funny Bones." It's a tour de force for filmmaker Peter Chelsom, who chronicles a complex saga of vaudeville and shtick, pathos and absurdity. One can only quarrel with the density of the effort, which stuffs far too much story and sideshow into its modest frame.
½ January 29, 2007
very dry, very brillient..lee eveans is superb in this flick, i just wish hollywood would give him the break he truly deserves
½ August 12, 2015
amazing piece of film!
June 24, 2013
One of the funniest, sweetest, most nostalgic films ever made. Probably the unfortunate title and horrible print ad campaign killed it (see above image - who wants to see >that< movie?).
This is one of those rare films, like Local Hero or Cold Comfort Farm, that will have the viewer yearning for a re-visit. Too many classic scenes to mention. The film probably runs a little long, but I'm stumped at what could possibly be cut.
If you love films, this is required viewing. A masterpiece.
½ November 6, 2012
Massively underrated, and extremely eccentric comedy. Lee Evans is amazing.
½ October 16, 2011
A movie taking its delicious style from the setting and characters. To see the variety performers auditioning for spots was a great treat. The story is the barest pretence for the fantastic characters who populate the canvas, although it does have elements of domestic realism, as well as the issue of professional rights over material. But the essential aspect of this piece are the strongly drawn individuals interacting with one another to bring a whole range of comedic traditions to the screen. If you have any interest in comedy as a performance skill, this is truly a delight. I love every moment of it.
½ July 31, 2011
Good Stuff. You'll Enjoy This If You're An Old-School Comic Fan.
June 4, 2011
"Les drôles de Blackpool"
½ August 19, 2007
This is a great film with an odd cast. Even though I've come to detest his stand up act, Lee Evans absolutely steals the movie with his performance. 7/10
July 31, 2010
The lee evans bits are good-but not as good as his stand up stuff-and its good to see blackpool used in a film.
July 10, 2010
Such a good start! keeps it going then the sound of snip, snip! Yep some crazy studio cutting in the last third, seems to be the culprit. But the picture still stands up after having it's feet cut off. Mainly due to exellent performances, a fantastic darkly comic theme and creative use of the Blackpool setting! Worth it for one of the best comic lines in cinima over the past 20 years and a mime skit by Evens which WILL autograph itself into your memory. Just a shame about the ending which broke the spell a little for me, "how did he learn to climb that pole"?! I will give it a second look though, hence 4 stars.
June 26, 2010
Top British film, lee evans is perfect for his role, his energies are restrained and are not annoying!
April 9, 2010
One of my favorite of all time