Funny Face - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Funny Face Reviews

June 15, 2007
One of the few Audrey movies I donā??t like. She is way too young for her love interest. It is actually embarrassing
½ July 22, 2014
Fun and cute, but REALLY did not age well.
July 23, 2012
I really don't linke musicals... watched this because of Audrey.
There's not enough connection with Fred Astaire to say it's a love movie. In addition, there was a blooper at the beginning of the film, where Audrey is at the library and looking at the mirror you can see a man upstairs (filming camera men). They didn't watch the angles for correct shooting.
November 3, 2008
Cheesy movie with great dancing and some fabulous fashion. In my opinion, not one of Audrey's best. I just kept thinking that it could have been better.
½ March 2, 2011
I'm sorry but I didn't like it... The musical numbers weren't great all... I don't blame Fred Astaire cause I know he was an amazing dancer, is just that the music, choreography and direction wasn't that great... Plus he looked like he could be Audrey Hepburn's dad... I mean he was 30 years older than her... No chemistry whatsoever...
½ June 14, 2014
Audrey,para mi,q no se de cinema,es una tayota en musicales y en esta hay mucha musica.soo...es como perdi da de tiempo en la peli. Igual,son ellos :) not amazing.
June 6, 2014
Just because you have to of the greatest actors of your time, it doesn't mean you can forget all about a plot. It had nice colors..
½ June 4, 2014
Cute and entertaining, not too surprising from the likes of Audrey Hepburn and Fred Astaire.
July 28, 2013
I am no musical lover. Not to say there are not some spectacular musicals, a.k.a. Singin' in the Rain, Sound of Music just to name a few. For me at least, this is one of them. Audrey Hepburn is one of the most talented and beautiful actresses Hollywood has ever seen. So for me she carried the movie. At the very least I dare anyone to watch this movie and not enjoy it, I would guess it is impossible.
½ April 15, 2014
Audrey Hepburn and Fred Astaire -- really hard to go wrong with that combination!
April 2, 2014
Not the best musical I've ever seen, but also not the worst.
½ November 24, 2013
The wondrous charm of Hepburn and the dazzling, amiable presence of Astaire make this old fashioned romance musical entertaining enough.
½ January 3, 2014
There wasn't much plot until the last 30 minutes or so, but it was still pretty entertaining throughout.
½ December 21, 2013
Pretty solid. I actually liked Audrey Hepburn in a role for once. And her singing voice was perfectly fine in this (a little sultry as well), I'm surprised they decided to redub her singing in My Fair Lady, guess they thought that movie required more singing range. Not much dancing from Astaire, though.
½ November 24, 2013
An antiquated and oddly poor musical, despite its excellent reviews. The Astaire-Hepburn chemistry is weak, the music is poor and the plot thin.
½ June 9, 2011
It was cute. Audrey Hepburn was adorable and I enjoyed her dancing. Fred Astaire was charming and they had great chemistry together. I know that Audrey was dubbed in "My Fair Lady" but Im not so sure here. Her singing wasn't great. Not terrible, but in reality she shouldnt have been picked for a musical. However, she's a wonderful dancer and the film is worth a watch just for the dance numbers.

The songs were catchy. Though, I didnt care much for the dancing that went with some of them. They felt a bit contrived and too "broadway-esque". It was a bit been there and done that. The solo dance numbers by Audrey and Fred were MUCH better.

Overall, I enjoyed it. But its not my favourite Audrey film.
November 3, 2013
Like watching a fashion magazine bursts to life! This is a classic for fashion aficionados with its gorgeous Givenchy coutures, set pieces, colors, Paris, and Audrey Hepburn being truly out-of-this-world luminous.
October 5, 2013
I love Hepburn and Astaire, but this movie is horrible. She can't sing. There is NO chemistry between the two. Paris looks great, alas this is a badly made movie.
½ August 28, 2013
As a musical, not high on my list of recommended films, but is enjoyable not doubt to see Astaire team up with Hepburn.
The musical score is satisfying, though it doesn't include as many Gershwin favourites as one would hope.
April 1, 2013
For me, the best A. Hepburn I've ever seen. Elegant, funny, smart, emotional, I can see all of the good personalities in her funny face.