17% Transcendence Apr 18

96% Silicon Valley: Season 1

Furankenshutain no kaijū: Sanda tai Gaira (The War of the Gargantuas) Reviews

Ken S

September 10, 2007
Oh my god...this movie is something...what I'm not quite sure
Marion R

February 6, 2009
In parts it was terribly boring, but I actually thought it was pretty cool and the military music did get a bit on my nerves. For what is was it was pretty neat.
September 6, 2009
A bit of a sequel to Frankenstein Conquers the World that starts with the stupid Giant Octopus being beaten. Not realizing there are now two Frankensteins, the original nice one is persecuted until he takes it upon himself to out the other. The final battle is supposed to be great and amazing, but I was not impressed.
RCMerchant
April 7, 2009
Next to DESTROY ALL MONSTERS,this has got to be one of my favorite Toho movies! Two giant fuzzy monsters-one brown and one green-use Tokyo as their wrestling arena. That in itself would be cool...but it also has Russ (SATAN'S SADIST"S,the HAUNTING) Tamblyn,a mindnumbing song called 'the Words Get Stuck in MYyThroat" and it's some kinda weird sequel to another great Japenese great-FRANKENSTIEN CONQUERS THE WORLD!
Trivia-the above mentioned song was a staple of DEVO in concert!!!
Whitsbrain
April 1, 2012
This is a very odd giant monster movie about a hairy, ugly, ape-like beast that escapes from a research lab. Somehow, the beast has an evil twin. One of the monsters is green, the other one brown. One evil, one good. And we are reminded of that endlessly thoughput the movie. These two gargantua are the equivalent of brothers that are always beating each other up. I thought the monster fights were interesting in that they occurred with greater speed than the typical, lumbering giant monster approach in every other film of the time. The Gargantuas suits were very flexible, almost form-fitting compared to the usual. It gave the stuntmen the opportunity to accomplish some pretty impressive wrestling moves and to run at a decent clip. The miniature effects were also very impressive.
There are a couple of memorable moments including a neat shot of a gargantua underwater, glaring up at its future victim. There is also one of the worst songs and accompanying performances I have ever seen in a movie. Kipp Hamilton sings a pop song on the deck of a ship. The song is called "The Words Get Stuck in My Throat" or something crazy like that. And if that isn't bad enough, Hamilton's voice is absolutely awful.
January 26, 2012
War Of The Garganuas Is An Amazing Movie With Great Monster Fights And Incredible Monsters Gaira And Sanda!
October 1, 2011
One of the best cold-war-giant-monsters-created-by-unchecked-science-representing-Japan-caught-between-superpowers-miniature-effects movies ever made!
Scotty P.
June 27, 2011
If your a fan of Godzilla, you'll probably appreciate this film as well