63% The Maze Runner Sep 19

Futurama Reviews

skactopus
skactopus

November 15, 2008
Futurama is one of the greatest animated television series to hit the airwaves. A nice combination of science fiction and comedy.Matt Groening has had great success with The Simpsons and although Futurama didn't fair as well, I still find myself enjoying the latter more.Visually, this is nothing spectacular, but it doesn't have to be. You will see 3-D animation for certain aspects of the show, but in total it is a typical 2-D animation. The same can be said about the sound effects. This isn't Star Wars, but all the sounds are fitting and appropriate. The theme song is catchy as well. It never gets old.The thing that makes this show different from, oh say Family Guy, is it isn't all about the laughs. Yes, this is a comedy, but there are episodes that end in dramatic ways. Each episode tends to have its own story and the stories are quite entertaining. The fact that the series takes place in the 31st century keeps things from being hugely over the top. The gadgets and characters that appear in the show will most likely not be seen in real life, but it doesn't seem all that strange in a setting like this.The voice work is great. The talents of Billy West and Phil LaMarr is nothing short of spectacular. Even Katey Sagal and John Di Maggio grow on you.Futurama may not be the most successful series to grace your television, but it certainly isn't the worst. This series comes highly recommended to comedic and science fiction animation fans.