Futurama: Bender's Big Score - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Futurama: Bender's Big Score Reviews

½ July 17, 2013
Had my worries, but at least 2 years after cancellation, they had not yet succumbed to the Family Guy virus of terrible comedy. Love the story and the series references, though the ending is kind of bullshit. I presume the next one resolves it.
July 14, 2013
This is the strongest of the four Futurama films we got and it is one of my personal favorite animated films. It's take on the time travel aspect is original and genius and knows how to make what seems to be a complicated story come full circle in such a creative way and the things that aren't explained are meant to be left a mystery. Not to mention that this movie has one of the best space battles in film history that is not only entertaining but delivers the message of unity in defiance of a common enemy.
skactopus
April 2, 2007
Dwayne Carey-Hill delivers some good news (everyone) with an 85 minute story known as Futurama: Bender's Big Score.Futurama is definitely more tolerable in small intervals, like the series episodes where this stems from, but there is enough shenanigans happening in this film to fill the allotted time. Time travel is heavily used in the plot details; sure, there are always questions and uncertainty on this subject, but this picture runs with it and turns it into an amusing story.There are many pass episode throwbacks to be seen. Whether it is in the jokes or character cameos, Futurama: Bender's Big Score knows how to have fun. On top of that it even blends it all with some seriousness.The character voice work is solid. Billy West, Katey Sagal, and John DiMaggio get the job done with their assigned personifications.All that's left to say is that Futurama: Bender's Big Score is a successful feature for its targeted audience.
June 10, 2013
My absolute favorite of the movies.
May 26, 2013
FINALLY

FUTURAMA IS BACKKKKKKK!!!!!
August 25, 2012
More of an extended episode of the show than it is a movie. But it still has all the colorful animation, characters and humor that fans of the show have come to expect.
April 12, 2013
Deserves its 100% review !!!!! A good laugh for teens and adults alike. #Recommended
April 5, 2013
We all knew that when Futurama were to return, it would have to come back down on Earth, and it does so with its brilliance and unique storylines that it borrows from a few episodes. It's a shame that the introduced character only appears for just a few seconds, though; it's as if they made a filler moment.
March 31, 2013
"Futurama Bender's Big Score" is the first movie of Futurama, and definitely a fun movie. Not only it is faithful to the TV show but it is also easy to follow, there is no time that the comedy looks uninteresting. The story is about Bender being controlled by some aliens which will help them to steal a lot of treasures...
February 27, 2013
The gang's back as good as ever.
January 22, 2013
I finally got around to watching this and thankfully I rewatched the pilot before I did. Loved it. It actually worked in a movie format. I feared it would be three episodes strung together, but it's an actual well structured time travel movie. There's heart, there's humor, there's tension! Among the best direct to video movies ever made.

Before seeing: What the hell is this film?
January 19, 2013
Futurama was a hilarious show, and this DVD is no disappointment .
½ January 2, 2013
Bender's Big Score. I'm actually quite fond of this movie . While it doesn't have quite as funny jokes, in my opinion, that Bender's Game or Into the Wild Green Yonder has, I think it's a superior movie (at least compared to Bender's Game). With a neat, non-linear story full of complicated, albeit flawed, time travel, Bender's Big Score provides a fun viewing experience. I was always a fan of Futurama's ability to step into emotional territory, so the story really worked for me and I find the ending pretty satisfying (though the second movie sort of ruins the moment by being a sort-of sequel). That's not to say that it doesn't have it's flaws: the time travel, the Scammers/their demise being a bit lame, etc. Still... 7.5/10
December 7, 2012
Would like to see at some stage.
November 15, 2012
For a comeback for the series it was very good.
November 11, 2012
With plenty of clever jokes and a brilliant plot, it's a solid piece that's on par with the show's legendary wit.
October 16, 2012
i cant wait to see this 1
October 11, 2012
it was great seeing a new episode. movie was good but a little confusing. still a must for all futurama fans.
September 20, 2012
As a big futurama fan is was awesome to see them not completely kill of futurama
September 21, 2007
Futurama is the best animated show.