Garage Days - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Garage Days Reviews

½ June 20, 2007
Imagine Trainspotting developed into a network TV show, then sold to HBO at the last minute so they could add swearing.

Also the tag line, "what if you finally got your big break, and you just plain sucked?" totally spoils the movie. Imagine the tag line for planet of the apes being "what if you found a planet inhabited by monkeys, and it turned out it was Earth?"
deano
January 31, 2007
Spectacular Aussie comedy on sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll. Pia Miranda's cool in her 'angry management' performance.
Harlequin68
½ March 19, 2005
[font=Century Gothic][color=darkorange]Alex Proyas is mostly known for being a director of such cool fantasy films as "The Crow" and "Dark City". So, it would seem like "Garage Days" is quite a departure for him because it is a relatively modest film about a wanna-be rock band in Sydney, Australia. But when I thought about it, it didn't seem like that different a movie after all because the characters are having this rock and roll fantasy. Even more telling is that Proyas cannot get away from using digital effects.[/color][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][color=#ff8c00]"Garage Days" is almost a good movie. It has a likable, young cast playing the band members but there is too much going on that has little to do with the actually playing of music.(We really don't get to see them playing until the end of the picture or ever know what the name of the band is. The first thing anybody always comes up with is the name of the band.) That's where the movie derails - some of the plot strands work, but one is frankly bizarre and another suffers from every romantic cliche in the book. I liked the ending, even though there is a deus ex machina lurking in there somewhere. [/color][/font]
January 7, 2012
It's hard to believe Alex Proyas could make something this awful. Then again I haven't seen Knowing.
½ July 8, 2010
½ July 8, 2010
57/100. The appealing young cast and likable characters lift this rather ordinary Australian comedy. There is some good music and the photography is occasionally creative. It does wear thin after about an hour, and not all the humor works, but not too bad in general.
May 12, 2010
Awesome as long as you can understand Aussie accents and/or read CC quickly. Definitely one of my all-time favorites.
April 11, 2010
(***): Thumbs Up

Small thumbs up for this one. I had some fun with it even though it was rather predictable. It reminded me a lot of a film called The Commitments (which I consider to be a very good film).
September 20, 2008
I stumbled upon this film on IFC when I was bored, looking for a movie. I missed about 15 minutes of it but what kept me on the channel was the song. I think the soundtrack is the best thing about this movie. Besides having a few laughs in between.
The movie is about a band that isn't that good but still living the dream of making it big. They all love each other and are just trying to make it big.
The dinner scene with her parents was pretty funny and I'm still confused, was the girl taking a bath in blood real or not?
Anyways, if you stumble upon this movie I say give it a go!
August 2, 2008
This was such a good movie. I think because the whole band was so charismatic. You wanted to keep watching them.
June 21, 2008
Fun, stylish, Aussie flick about about the long way to the top if you wanna rock and roll. Great eclectic cast and very clever direction.
November 10, 2007
It's a handsome film, and made with verve, but too often the tone wobbles and far, far too many of its jokes hit with a splat.
½ August 26, 2007
Threw this in to demonstrate that I don't universally hate romantic comedies. Of course, _this_ one has "MELLLLLY!!!"
July 23, 2007
[size=3][font=Times][color=white][b][i][color=darkorange]November[/color][/i][/b] 5/10[/color][/font][/size]

[font=Times][size=3][color=white]I don?t know what to think about this. I understood the concept of what they were trying to do with the story but I felt the execution of it was kind of poor. [/color][/size][/font]

[size=3][font=Times][color=white] [/color][/font][/size]

[size=3][font=Times][color=white][b][i][color=darkorange]Bubble[/color][/i][/b] 6/10[/color][/font][/size]

[font=Times][size=3][color=white]A little slow at times, Damn gorgeous to look at.[/color][/size][/font]

[size=3][font=Times][color=darkorange] [/color][/font][/size]

[size=3][font=Times][color=white][b][i][color=darkorange]You Kill Me[/color][/i][/b] 7/10[/color][/font][/size]

[font=Times][size=3][color=white]Funny. Quirky. Original. [/color][/size][/font]

[size=3][font=Times][color=darkorange] [/color][/font][/size]

[size=3][font=Times][color=white][b][i][color=darkorange]Transformers[/color] [/i][/b]7/10[/color][/font][/size]

[font=Times][size=3][color=white]Damn awesome! AWESOME! The teenage love crap is annoying, though. But, oh my god! AWESOME! the CGI = AWESOME! the hotties = AWESOME! the whole movie = AWESOME!!!!! but what happened to jon voight and his big ass gun? and hot aussie girl?[/color][/size][/font]

[size=3][font=Times][color=white] [/color][/font][/size]

[size=3][font=Times][color=white][b][i][color=darkorange]Garage Days[/color][/i][/b] 4/10[/color][/font][/size]

[font=Times][size=3][color=white]Kind of funny. Not really my bag, though.[/color][/size][/font]

[color=white][/color]
½ July 19, 2007
wow! sex drugs and rock and roll!!! this movie was so entertaining that i just wanted more at the end it wsa fantastic!
½ March 26, 2015
plays like an Aussie version of 'the Commitments" or 'brassed off'
½ June 17, 2013
Really just not a good film.
½ April 3, 2013
What's with the bad tomatometer score for this one? If you're a rock music fan- this movie is a must see!
December 7, 2012
Worth watching would like to see and study.
September 20, 2012
I love this movie...it reminds me of my life without me getting my big break
This movie is funny and has everything sex,drugs and rock'n roll