Gekijô ban naruto: Shippûden (Naruto Shippuden: The Movie) Reviews

½ March 21, 2015
Ceremony complete!

A man has unwisely approached the demons that once destroyed the surface of the Earth and offered his body as a vessel to the head demon. The demon will put together an army to begin its mission of taking over the Earth. The only person who can stop the demon is Princess Shion who has the ability to see the future. She will be guarded by a group of warrior friends on a mission to protect her and end the threat.

"You're going to be pierced through the chest and killed soon."

Hajime Kamegaki, director of several Lupin III movies, Naruto Shippunden The Movie: Bonds, and episodes from the television series Sonic X and Project ARMS, delivers Naruto Shippuden: The Movie. The storyline for this picture is actually very well done and worth following. The animation style is just okay, as are the cheesy one liners occasionally delivered.

"Return this world to order."

I came across this on Netflix and decided to give it a shot since I enjoy the occasional anime picture. I did really like this film and felt it fulfilled my anime spot; however, there are some cheesy/cliché comedic scenes that I felt were unnecessary and annoying at times. Overall, this is worth a viewing for fans of anime.

"If you don't like the fate life dealt you, fight for a better one."

Grade: C+/B- (6.5)
April 12, 2014
With terribly obnoxious dialogue, short fights, and an overdone story, Naruto Shippuden: The Movie is something made only for the REALLY diehard fans.
September 21, 2013
this is by far my most faves of all 5 thats been dubed so far it as action dramra and it help me founed aouther fave paring
½ December 26, 2013
La primer película de esta nueva etapa de Naruto no fue lo que se esperaba, la trama es lenta, con peleas malas, que bien podría ser una serie de capitulos de relleno. Los villanos son acartonados y sin personalidad que queda evidenciado en el "inexistente" fisicamente villano principal que nunca logra cuajar, lo mismo va para los pocos personajes nuevos que funcionan tardiamente en la historia. Tiene algunos gags comicos e intento de mensaje pero por mas que se le busque no aporta demasiado. Ni siquiera la combinacion de animación 3D logra empujar la película mas alla.
November 6, 2013
If this was the first anime you've evee seen, you might want to start watching the Naruto Shippuden series first for better character development. The plot was somewhat difficult to follow but made up fot it with excellent English dubbed sync. Impressive animation and action.
½ August 22, 2013
El hecho de que una de las ideas principales sea que el protagonista vaya a morir no es algo que le sume creatividad. Sin embargo, logra ser una mejora respecto al anterior filme, mostrándonos una animación mejor y una historia más profunda.
½ July 2, 2013
A great premise is thrown for more action and other stories that are too pointless that you can't care about. Much of the dialogue is very obvious and characters are uni-dimensional, the story had a good stamina at the begining, but lost itself into the premise of Naruto's death (and never happens, so what's the point?). Sadly, is very dissapointing.
June 7, 2013
That. Was. AWESOME!!!
January 14, 2013
I was amazed at how the plot of this one went. Great as always though! loved it!
January 13, 2013
yes! i love it!!! art is an explosion
½ November 17, 2012
November 7, 2012
The previous Naruto movies and the one after this are not as good and I wouldn't recommend rating it high, average at best but this is the best Naruto or even anime movie in general to have come out. The characters and story are interesting and relatable. I highly recommend it
July 18, 2012
At this point, It's a shocker that people have not caught on to how repetitive and dull these feature length films are.
April 17, 2012
enjoyable and interesting.
March 17, 2012
yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
July 26, 2009
01/02/2012 (DVD, PS3)
July 26, 2011
They never get these movies right... This is no different.
½ April 10, 2011
I'm still confused that I can rate this movie on here.
TomBowler
½ April 10, 2011
I'm still confused that I can rate this movie on here.