Gen 13 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Gen 13 Reviews

½ August 17, 2009
I was a fan of Gen-13 in the comic book, when I was 18 because it had plenty of fun and action of teenage heroes before this rated-M animated movie. Of the voice cast, only Elizabeth Daily seemed to really hit her stride as Roxy, although Alicia Witt's Fairchild was endearing in her plain candor and Cloris Leachman's Helga was terribly amusing. However, I also feel that, no offense to Flea, but I never imagined Grunge sounding quite THAT dumb. And Mark Hamill's voice as Threshold is so powerful.
I see Grunge kick some ass - as always, the character is best when he stops being a doofus and actually uses his head (and powers) to help out his friends. Roxy's power manifestation was downright gorgeous and impressive. And Fairchild... well, she was about as spot-on as any appearance in the comic. Go, girl!
½ May 22, 2015
An odd mix; the animation style and sensibility of a Saturday morning cartoon with R-rated violence, innuendo and exploitative nudity. If you can get over this, and the melodrama, the X-Men-esque take on gifted youngsters has enough to maintain interest.
September 20, 2011
An important pre DC Animated film that pushes the limits of pg 13 animation. Some of the characters are annoying but the overall story is quite interesting even if it has been done before.