66% The Equalizer Sep 26

100% Sleepy Hollow: Season 2
62% Under the Dome: Season 2

Generation Iron Reviews

September 21, 2013
well crafted, insightful, great story and amazing cast.
September 16, 2014
Here's one for all you gym junkies. Documentary following a group of body-builders as they each strive to be crowned Mr Olympia. Provides solid insight as you get close and personal with the body-builders, getting a glimpse of their personal lives and the individual motivations they each harbour in wanting to win the world's most prestigious prize. Likely would have benefited from being more informative on their specific training programme or diet but this is probably because it is concentrating on the competitors themselves rather than the regimes.

Still prefer documentaries that tackle more serious and darker issues but it does well to challenge the perspective of body-builders as mere arrogant steroid takers, instead portraying them as human beings who work extremely hard for their own personal dreams of glory.
September 21, 2013
haha Always good to see something different.
Jason G.
September 3, 2014
Well-made, definitive "day in the life" of modern bodybuilders. Not sure why I kept falling asleep watching it. Also a nit: it didn't touch on the vanity that must at some point drive these folks.
August 24, 2014
For a movie about bodybuilding (in which I have no interest whatsoever), this documentary is surprisingly interesting, if a little on the long side.
August 22, 2014
What does it take to become Mr. Olympia? Many say talent with a little work will always trump hard work. Can someone prove otherwise? Can hard work or even applied science outdo genes?
August 21, 2014
It's basically a remake of Pumping Iron.
June 3, 2014
Finally I was waiting for a DVD release for this one and it didn't disappoint me. I am not really a fan of body building competitions or the body builder themselves. Though it made me realize how dedicated these people are. It's the work ethic and the talent and the hard work, it really pays off and really hats off to them. Very well made thinking this will inspire even ordinary people not just body building but their goal to reach out. 4 out of 5
August 15, 2014
Never really knew what bodybuilding was all about before I had seen this movie.
July 20, 2014
Really interesting, delves deep into the bb world...well, as deep as one can delve only discussing PEDs for about 4 minutes mid-film.
July 8, 2014
This kind of seemed like it couldn't be boring, but Generation Iron fails to capture the enthusiasm of its subjects. Instead the film is over long and boring. I think I fell asleep for a moment during this film.
September 10, 2013
A great look into the body building world. I wish they spent more camera time on Kai Greene, as well make it more inspiring for viewers.
June 30, 2014
A really intense documentary, giving a new perspective into the art of bodybuilding...
June 22, 2014
Una mirada intima al infravalorado deporte del fisicoculturimo, sobre disciplina, empeño, amor y decepción. El Pumping Iron de esta generación.
June 4, 2014
Utterly fascinating and interesting documentary. I'd put it right up there with Pumping Iron 1&2, though obviously with a much more modern slant.
June 4, 2014
Generation Iron is a very good documentary about the sport of bodybuilding that follows the 2012 Mister Olympia year
4 6 2014
May 12, 2014
If your into buff bodies, you'll enjoy "Generation Iron." If body building isn't your thing, don't waste your time or money. Body builders I know out at Venice Beach tell me it's a great documentary. Arnold Schwarzenegger approves, but he'd better, it's his money that made this movie happen.
May 3, 2014
Great movie showing the dedication of these athletes...but also painful to see some of the bodybuilders focus so much on the sport, themselves, and the fleeting thought of perfection that they sacrifice those most important to them their families. To be honest it really shows our fallen world in a nutshell, so self focused at the expense of others. But like I said all in all I still really enjoyed the movie
May 2, 2014
Nice watch into the world of Bodybuilding, but not as intense or in depth as I anticipated.