Geri's Game Reviews

February 1, 2011
Geri's Game certainly doesn't represent the best of Pixar. It's a nice story, ok animation but we've all come to expect far more from them than this but that is to their credit.
deano
September 10, 2009
I recognized a character in this Pixar short film from Toy Story 2. Geri sets up a chess game to play his greatest opponent - himself! Both the story and animations are of extraordinary quality. And also the editing is outstanding.
movieguru12
February 20, 2008
Sweet Type Of Funny!
June 22, 2012
I will never forget watching this as a kid
July 7, 2009
The overwhelming success of such Pixar features as Monsters Inc and Finding Nemo may mean that's where all the attention's currently going, but their four-minute short Geri's Game is definitely an enjoyable and highly original little movie that deserves to dwell up there with the company's finest output. The quality animation aside, and with the European plaza-style music setting it off to a nifty pulse, it's the slick editing that really makes this concept come alive. Unlike other Pixar shorts, including Knick Knack and For the Birds, Geri's Game may not be a laugh-riot exactly, but then laugh-out-loud hilarity has never been the essential ingredient for class entertainment. What makes this movie so engaging is its intelligent story, gentle humour and truly charming sense of character. The cool visuals are a delightful bonus.
½ October 5, 2008
Wonderful, lyrical and tender bit melancholy. Pixar's sense for beauty and magic reminds me of the pioneer spirit qualities Disney possessed when they kicked off.
November 30, 2013
It was a funny and very entertaining Pixar animated short. It had really great animation, great voice cast, really great visuals, very well done music, very gentle humor, great character and a great story. It was the first Pixar short that I've seen in the 90s. I've seen this short movie before "A Bug's Life." I highly recommend this short movie to both kids and adults.
January 2, 2012
Geri's Game is the first Pixar short I ever saw, when I first saw A Bug's Life. It is very funny, yet completely simple. A perfect comedy short film. I love the character of Geri, playing chess with himself, and I was really pleased when the character returned in Toy Story 2 as the man who repairs Woody for display. Definitely check out this funny little short.
December 4, 2011
This is the short film we see in Bugs Life, and one of the first as well. I wish they still make them like this, it doesn't always have to be that obnoxious.
August 16, 2011
One of the cute short films that always accompany a Pixar film. Geri is an adorable old man. Pixar's animation speaks for itself. Geri reminds me why I like Pixar so much; its ability to take a character that really doesnt exist outside a computer and give it life and emotion. It's animated art.
½ July 9, 2009
Animation keeps getting better with these shorts and this one shows it. An old guy fakes his own death while playing himself in chess, then tricks himself for the win...dumb!
July 26, 2010
Short, simple, and to the point. A clean example of how to make a great animated short.
February 16, 2013
Hands down favorite Pixar short. The character interaction is so charming, you almost forget there's only one. Brilliant!
½ April 23, 2012
Very brilliant, shows the insanity of the old man and what loneliness can do to you. He himself is his greatest opponent. 4.5/5
June 24, 2011
A very funny Academy Award winning short film that tells the story of a man playing a heated game of chess against his worst enemy: himself.
½ May 27, 2011
This is a short film by Pixar that won the Academy Award for Best Animated Short in 1997. It's really quite cute (and is a part of the bonus features on the A Bug's Life DVD). I highly recommend it, if you haven't seen it. The graphics are AMAZING.
December 1, 2010
This is hilarious!! Haha, this guy's in Toy Story 2 as well!
October 18, 2010
Ha ha ha. I really like this Short. It's about a Chess game between Geri and .... Geri. The Animations are great and the Ending is cool too. One of the best Pixar Shorts.