RT on DVD: Get Smart, Futurama: Bender's Game and the Obama DVD Controversy

Plus, get ready for Christmas with new holiday sets!

6. The Bourne Trilogy (The Bourne Identity/The Bourne Supremacy/The Bourne Ultimatum)

Amnesiac assassin Jason Bourne made a game-changing Hollywood debut with 2002's The Bourne Identity, followed by two impressive sequels that held up the hype (2004's The Bourne Supremacy) and then surpassed it (2007's Oscar-winning The Bourne Ultimatum). This week you can get your hands on the super-charged series as the complete trilogy comes to DVD and Blu-ray -- a perfect way to start getting excited about the just-announced fourth Bourne flick, set to reunite star Matt Damon and director Paul Greengrass.

Next: Shrek the Halls

Comments

inactive user

Jared King

A Christmas Story is a definate buy. What the hell's with a "Waterworld" extended cut? Shrek the Halls was a pleasent surprise, but not worth buying. No comment on the Obama DVD except "No". And I ain't got no interest in "Get Smart". Good job Ms. Yamato.

Nov 3 - 04:33 PM

nate2709

Nate 2709

I'm just picking up a couple of catalog titles on Blu-Ray. Monster's Ball and Planet of the Apes (the original one). I hated Get Smart so very very much.

Nov 3 - 04:34 PM

mouse_clicker

Eric Baker

Hopefully Bender's Game is better than Beast With a Billion Backs. That movie was a severe disappointment. Not bad, but more on Family Guy's level rather than Futurama's.

Somehow I think I'm going to be disappointed again.

Nov 3 - 05:31 PM

Random_Jake

Joshua Mills

Ah! Now all comments will involve politics.......

Nov 3 - 05:31 PM

tomwaitsjrHAPPYICONOCLAST

Greg Guro

I'm getting Transsiberian tommorow, YAY!

But. . . will I watch that, or election returns. . . I still don't know!

Nov 3 - 06:39 PM

jokerofva

douglas brooks

A Christmas Story is worst christmas movie ever made..... Enough said

Nov 3 - 09:27 PM

vashfanatic

Martha Boatright

Oh sweet, the new Futurama movie! I loved Bender's Big Score, which worked as an actual movie, but was disappointed by The Beast With a Billion Backs, which felt like an episode dragged out to 90 minutes. Hopefully Bender's Game will follow the former and not the latter. Anyway, rental queue, here I come!

Nov 3 - 10:50 PM

Kevan B.

Kevan Brenay

Oh great an extended cut of one of the worst movies ever. Why do they do that to bad films (like Alexander)? Making a bad movie longer seldom if ever makes it more enjoyable. However yay to Transsiberian, I will be getting that, and I enjoyed Get Smart, but not enough to buy it.

Nov 3 - 11:51 PM

jokerboy1991

jack giroux

I thought Get Smart was over rated, I enjoyed it but I didn't think it was vert good.

Nov 4 - 07:29 AM

67299709

chris mcfall

get smart was decent not as funny as i thought waiting on hellboy 2 next week then tropic thunder the next.

Nov 4 - 09:23 AM

inactive user

Jared King

jokerofva, I think you mean one of the best christmas movies... ENOUGH SAID!

Nov 4 - 09:41 AM

Kokushi

Francesco Fernandez Martinez

Get Smart was good just to see once, Ebert giving 3.5/4 was wrong, it was more 3/4.

Nov 4 - 10:29 AM

Murdoch

Murdoch +

Just got done watching Bender's game, and i have to say I was VERY happy with it. I've been a Futurama fan for as long as i can remember, in my opinion its best episodes were equal to if not beyond the greatness of Simpsons' best years, despite the clear discrepancy in the number of years both have been on tv.
I was a little let down by Big score, and Billion Backs made me want to kill myself, but i wanted to rewatch Bender's Game as soon as it was over. It had everything you want from Futurama: great visual gags, memorable quotes and really nice writing. Definitely recommend everyone check it out, especially if you have had your hopes crushed by the last two films.

Nov 4 - 11:40 AM

lenlaw

len lawrent

Get Smart= Not worth a place in a dvd collection, rent it.
Benders game= Lots of fun but not worth a blu-ray copy, regular dvd quality very good.
A Christmas Story= If your old enough to remember many Christmas pasts you will appreciate and love this charming film, kids do relate to this movie. Formats: boxed set regular dvd, HDdvd and blu-ray a little overkill for a simple film. Squeeze every dollar you can out of the consumer!

Nov 5 - 05:07 AM

sliknik27

Nick Langan

I'm glad to see the new Futurama movie is out on Blu-Ray. I can't wait to get my copy. I have high expectations and really enjoyed the previous two (unlike every other RTer who commented above me).

Nov 7 - 06:57 PM

Critics Consensus
Critics Consensus

Transcendence is a Sci-Fi Snooze

Johnny Depp's Best Movies

Picture gallery of movie bears

Good Friday