Ghost Chase - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ghost Chase Reviews

March 7, 2010
Starring Jason Lively from such gems as Rock 'n' Roll High School Forever and Night of the Creeps and Paul Gleason comes Ghost Chase. The story of a dude who was stiffed out of his inheritance because his grandfather walled himself up in the basement of his opulent house and then offed the butler who helped him do it. Then decades later, the grandson awakens the ghost of the butler who helps them track down the house and the cash!

I started watching this with my brother and then fell asleep through the ending and took it back like 6-7 years ago. I just found it again last week and boy is it every bit as weird as I remember.

It's a bit charming though and strangely funny in spots. Plus it was directed by Roland Emmerich who went on to make The Patriot so it's funny to think about his humble beginnings.

It's worth seeing once.
½ March 2, 2015
A really fucking odd 80's movie, so odd in fact that it's a bit hard to review. For starters though, it's not good. If you are an 80's enthusiast like myself there's stuff that you'll sort of enjoy, like the cartoonishly stylized, garish, neon drenched pop look of the movie that couldn't be more redolent of the glorious, sometime's tasteless decade it came from. But aside from that and maybee a bit of cult/stoner/weird late night movie value, this is a truly mystifying film from future Independence Day/Stargate blockbuster director Roland Emmerich, aside from the bizarre fact that the ghost dude actually looked like a little E.T esc shrunken puppet before he even died, and then goes on to inhabit a bad animatronic puppet of himself that still looks exactly like he dose, there are a myriad of other strange choices and general rubbishness, for another thing it's an unpleasantly misogynistic film to, lead actor Jason Lively, who was so likable in Night Of The Creeps, is a massive creep himself here, a truly repugnant, even rapey character who constantly and uncomfortably keeps sleazing and slimeing over his lovely Creep's co star Jill Whitlow in increasingly repellent fashion, and bad guy Paul Gleason (The Breakfast Clubs headteacher) is even worse, a particularly queasy scene between him and poor Jill Whitlow suggests some very nasty things indeed, and it's supposed to be a family film!!! i mean what the fuck? im just not sure who the hell the audience was meant to be here (like i said maybe stoners but certainly no one else) even the little puppet dude is unlikable! what the fuck is this awful, strange little film?! im baffled.
April 13, 2014
I loved it - the ghost inhabiting the body of a movie dummy - is a great gimic - he is just plain funny - the plot is a bit thin - but I enjoyed watching this by myself, then again with a friend. The gadgets in the house of one of the characters is also fantastic, as in Back to the Future - the acting overall was solid - a fun movie to watch for an evenings entertainment.
½ September 29, 2009
Cheesy repetitive soundtrack....Yep thats the sound of my Childhood...

This movie is a PG RATED horror movie.... I liked it... Has a 7:00 - 10:00 am christmans mornign feel to it...
February 20, 2007
Silly 1980's teen adventure film, with a ghost that is a major rip-off of the alien in E.T. It's pretty bad but not without a few entertaining moments. Not very original.