• R, 1 hr. 31 min.

Ghost Ship Reviews

FiLmCrAzY
FiLmCrAzY

September 4, 2007
I dont know why but every time i watch this movie i enjoy it more and more! Its a good creepy horror that i dont think is a let down at all !
In my books it well worth a watch!
Anthony L

October 25, 2011
Not to be mistaken for Val Lewton 40's film, this version is a little bit more impressive but not necessarily much better. The idea itself is brilliant, the possibilities could have been endless - a franchise could have been born, but unfortunately it wasn't to be. After a brilliant first sequence, this film just got silly, odd and down right confusing. I still don't fully understand who the bad guy was or what his point was? It looked good though!
BG Movie Reviews
BG Movie Reviews

August 28, 2011
Can I please get one thing straight - if a film has a jumpy moment near the beginning of a film, it HAS TO KEEP TO THAT JUMPY THEME! You get one jumpy scene with a clock, then that's it folks - Ghost Ship is flawed from the start. A scene where a boat full of people are killed by a metal wire that rips them all in half? I'm sorry, but no. Just no. It didn't work and I still don't get why it had to happen or why the villain had to exist in the first place, let alone the movie.

I was told by two horror fans it was, and I quote "...alright". WRONG! It was one of the worst films I have ever seen. It seems to be suffering from what shall henceforth be known as the Paranormal Activity effect: the PA effect is where a film tries to make itself out as a good film, before failing after about 10-20 minutes (in most cases). In this film it took about 20 minutes for me to get bored and start half watching for a while until the ending.

The only major attractions of the film are the ending (after the bit that belonged in a PG or a U (to be honest, that bit was ripped off from Pokemon The First Movie!)) where you find out something that gives the film a perk towards a good horror, the brief scene of nudity and the violence. If you are the sad sort of person who only wants a little bit of violence, poorly chosen music for the setting, and A pair of breasts, then watch this.

But for those people who have taste and want to watch a good horror film, let this movie sink like the Titanic!
3niR
3niR

February 15, 2010
This was not a scared-to-death type. Just another watchable horror movie. It had a good attention-catching starting but it got messed up eventually. I liked Emily Browning over here. She was cute.
TheDudeLebowski65
TheDudeLebowski65

June 9, 2010
Ghost Ship is another Dark Castle feature. The film is more famous for it's opening scene, and some have claimed that it's the best part of the film. Ghost Ship is an average Horror film with an average cast and story. The film sometimes falls flat and doesn't get quite there in terms of good storytelling and executions. Sometimes scenes are not that great, the cast could have done a better job, but they seemed bored I guess. Ghost Ship is the text book definition of a guilty pleasure. Despite it's many flaws, I feel compelled to watch this film from time to time. But if you want the ultimate haunted ship film, track down a copy of Alvin Rakoff's Death Ship, another Guilty pleasure, but with a more intriguing and creepy story than Ghost Ship.
FilmFanatik
FilmFanatik

January 24, 2007
The first 10 minutes of the movie are great. That's about it.
Jason O

September 10, 2009
Don't you hate it when you see the previews for a movie and you think you're going to completely love it, and then you see it and find it to be a big disappointment, but you still want to love it? That was my experience with "Ghost Ship." I liked it, and horror movies are one of my 3 favorite genres, but it just wasn't nearly as good as I anticipated. I thought it'd be much deeper than it was.
Coxxie M

June 10, 2009
hahahahah what a turd im glad south park made fun of this turdle
LorenzoVonMatterhorn
LorenzoVonMatterhorn

April 29, 2009
"Sea Evil"

After discovering a passenger ship missing since 1962 floating adrift on the Bering Sea, salvagers claim the vessel as their own. Once they begin towing the ghost ship towards harbor, a series of bizarre ocurrences happen and the group becomes trapped inside the ship, which they soon learn is inhabited by a demonic creature.

REVIEW
This movie was extremely horrible. The plot revolves around a rag-tag group of ocean salvagers who are given the opportunity to salvage a gigantic ocean liner. This isn't just any ocean liner, it's an Italian ship that was bound for the US in 1962 and vanished from the face of the earth. No survivors were ever found much less the ship itself. To make a long story short, the team of salvagers board the ship to find nothing but remnants; no corpses just their belongings. More eerie, all the life boats and life vests were gone, suggesting that the passengers jumped ship. However, no survivors were ever found. Strange huh? Anyway, they board the ship that is apparently haunted by a demon who likes to eat souls. Once he fills his quota, he can return to hell. He has devoured the souls of the passengers, now he's hungry for the souls of the salvagers. All of this unfolds in a slow, unintersting narrative that doesn't build any tension or terror. You're better off watching the Ring. A much more terrifying picture of 2002.
TheGame90
TheGame90

October 22, 2008
Well...this wasn't very fun. Very slow movie. not much happening. And there was like one scene with the lights on...I was a little unsure if colors existed in this movie. too dark
Jens S

June 13, 2006
How this film managed to lure such a cast of pretty decent names into its clutches is beyond me. While the main idea isn't all that bad and the first 5 minutes wonderfully disturbing the movie gets worse with every minute. The crew exploring the ghost shop dies one after the other in rather unspectacular and shrug-worthy ways, the only reason to even remotely care about these characters is because their actors played rather interesting people in other movies or shows. All that happens in such an unexciting and not even remotely scary way turning the mediocre special effects into one of the film's lesser problems. The solution to the mystery is presented in exactly the same "by the way" attitude as the deaths occur. By the time of the incredibly lame "showdown" and solution you just want it to be over. Lame!
Lewis C

June 25, 2007
I'm not sure if Ghost Ship was an alarmingly bad movie, or a horribly botched abortion. Either way, it was horrifying, unnecessary and I don't approve.
jagfire
jagfire

August 23, 2007
Stupid idiots.
vieras e

August 6, 2007
An awesome scene right in the beginning. Unfortunately it all goes downhill from there.
Apeneck F

July 7, 2007
ooooooh...scary boat...ooooooh! "stop...stop...don't go down there alone!" you've gotta be kiddin' me
Daniel J D

July 24, 2007
this movie was pretty much horrible... but the beginning is unforgettable
Lady D

July 1, 2007
Opens with a really good scene, but I'm afraid that's as far as this film goes.

Just plain boring, certainly won't be watching it again!
Lafe F

June 17, 2007
A terrible tragedy befell a luxury liner in the 1920's. Now the abandoned "Ghost Ship" is found and boarded, with evil ghosts to contend with. I couldn't get into this movie. I preferred the similar 1980 film "Death Ship" which was more effective.