Ghost Son - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ghost Son Reviews

April 14, 2009
At times more like a modern day Chucky came to mind, I expected the Babies eyes to bug out and twist at any time. If this is modern day Italian Horror I am a little disappointed, but the movie had a little bit of everything, from ghost, to possessed babies, and even a baby elephant running through the house at the end. Its Directed by a Bava, but not as good Mario Bava old school horror, matter fact I'd pass it as a add to my collection, Nothing really shocking, matter fact the ghost was a real pain in the Butt. 3 stars on this one.
½ January 29, 2008
I thought that there was a lot to like and a lot to not like about Ghost Son. The plot: A young couple Stacey and Mark move to Africa Mark gets into a fatal car accident. Shortly after his death Stacey discovers that she is pregnant with his child. Soon after the birth she discovers that her son is possessed by Mark who is trying to kill her. The plot was very interesting and all around creepy. I thought that it could have been played out much better. Watching the movie you see some moments that they could have shocked you or made you jump that where just missed. The acting was played perfectly. And the effex although there are not really much blood the scenes with the baby are so real and where done perfectly. But like I said I think that the plot could have been carried out much better than it was. This also could have used more fall back gore. But as an overall film it succeeds in being a creepy little ghost story that gives you a new take on evil kiddie movies. I say it's worth a check or at least a rent.
½ May 14, 2008
This was kind of interesting, but for a film from Lamberto Bava, I expected more. This felt more like a Lifetime ghost story than something from the guy who directed Demons, y'know?

Rental at best.
April 15, 2008
it wasnt nearly as good as i thought it would be. alyssa would agree with me!! just has a weird story line i guess. but idk
½ January 16, 2008
Lamberto Bava does a good job of setting up mood and atmosphere. But the story could have been fleshed out a great deal more (especially with the secondary characters).
½ March 28, 2013
Mediocre ghost story-TV movie quality.
½ January 26, 2008
terrible movie. But the main actress at least has big boobs which keeps you somewhat interested.
January 6, 2008
Certainly better than I was expecting after reading the cover box. Laura Harring gives a good performance and tht helps out the film immensely, as does the South African setting. Reasonably suspenseful, creepy at times. not bad.