—— Hercules Jul 25

85% Welcome to Sweden: Season 1
76% You're the Worst: Season 1

Ghostbusters Reviews

March 25, 2008
Classic in the classiest of ways, Ghostbusters delivers on many fronts: comedic, visually stunning, and with a fantastically hilarious cast! For a film that helped continue the summer blockbuster trend that originated with Jaws (only about 8 years after its release) it also helped establish the franchise as a powerhouse that spawned a sequel, a couple of cartoon series, countless toys and merchandise and one of the biggest cult followings in cinema! So, when something strange is up in your neighborhood, WHO YOU GONNA CALL?
July 15, 2014
Who ya gonna call, A GREAT CAST
July 15, 2014
¡Un verdadero clásico Americano!
Varios diálogos ingenios e hilarantes que hace mas disfrutable las Increíbles actuaciones, al igual que una historia que es bastante dinámica y bien desarrollada.
Además de varios elementos técnicos que hacen que la película se siga mantenido fresca al pasar los años.
March 30, 2008
I think Ghostbusters is a "you had to be there" type movie. It hasn't aged well for a first time viewer. All of those warm-fuzzies people seem to have about it were long ago.

And that's fine. They are not wrong.

But as someone who waited until 2014 to watch it, Ghostbusters passes by on the screen with barely a whimper.

To modern eyes it suffers from showing too much in a movie-era where the CGI couldn't support it. Granted, the "ghosts" seem to be largely intended to amuse audiences rather than frighten (this is obviously comedy, not horror), but that doesn't help the CGI feel cripplingly archaic. It's just that dumb era of cinema where the attempts to go more fantastic were noble, but shockingly jarring (the first Terminator movie suffers from the same hilarity).

The script isn't bad, though overly "jokey" without being funny. Compared with other Bill Murray comedies this relies less on "being funny" and more on being visually absurd. And considering the visual problems outlined above, well, that isn't exactly a perk.
July 7, 2014
This is a perfect action comedy, and remains in my opinion the funniest movie ever made! It is campy in all the right ways, fast paced, exciting, and filled with great performances from an iconic cast! The three comedy genuineness of the
eighties play the Ghostbusters, and when they are together, magic happens! Bill Murray is the big standout in this, with his dry,witty humor and deadpan charm. Supporting cast are all terrific as well, specifically Rick Moranis playing the delightfully nerdy Lewis.
The special effects for the time, are astounding and still look pretty cool by today's standards, especially with an epic musical score elevating the effects to a whole other level. The end of the film, when the guys save the world from an evil Babylonian God, is one of the most awe-inspiring and magical action scenes ever, with a giant marshmallow man stomping all over New York City!
Improbable? Yes, but it is executed with such style and humor that you just go
on the ride without questioning it!
This movie is a perfect balancing act between comedy, action, and supernatural thrills. It has a brilliant script, great acting, and the most iconic one-liners in any film ever! It is one of the greatest films ever made and a shining example of cinematic wonder. If you have not seen this yet, what are you waiting for??
muffin0681
April 17, 2012
I own this on DVD in a two movie pack along with:
* Ghostbusters II (1989)

and i also own the:
* 1999 DVD release
* 2005 UMD Video for PSP
* 2009 Blu-Ray release
October 31, 2007
Absolute classic, great performances from all. Bill Murray at the top of his game! Effects haven't aged all that well, but they get the job done. Characters and writing are superb!
June 22, 2014
80s movies at its best. I hadn't seen it i was a young teen probably and don't remember being all that impressed with it but since so many movies that are family friendly make me want to poke my eyes out I was happy to see that Netflix had it streaming,. Watching it again as an adult I was actually surprised at how funny I don't remember it being between the deadpan dialogue, screwball antics and utter ridiculousness yet totally unique and iconic. Special effects are completely terrible and dated but it kind of adds to its charm. Some movies can become so iconic to me that I forget to appreciate what makes it iconic to begin with- I mean, giant marshmallow man? All the makings of a cult classic that managed .to break into mainstream instead of just a cult following.
June 2, 2007
My #1 favorite movie of all time!
January 9, 2012
Stuffed with wisecracking, punning and deadpanning care from the film's most notable star performer Murray the film also packs in a half-decent narrative.
June 14, 2014
I know that so many people think this film is a masterpiece, but I think it's merely just good. Nice special effects, some good deadpan humor, and great performances make for a solid, but nonessential movie.
June 14, 2014
Great effects and great laughs
Very funny and light-hearted film with incredible Murrat and Weaver
June 8, 2014
A pop culture classsic that still holds up well - the special effects always looked ropey but that's part of it's charm, the humour is still very funny, and the ending so over the top ludicrous you'll finish watching with a big smile on your face
March 15, 2012
"DON'T CROSS THE STREAMS...IT WOULD BE BAD!!!"
June 5, 2014
Any movie that thought of a 20 story marshmallow man as the villianous monster deserves the highest of praise. The special effects are superb and the title song is the most catchy and pleasing.
June 3, 2014
What's great about it is how well blended is the dialogue with the great special effects, and the sound design is nothing short of outstanding
JESTERKING45
April 24, 2014
Quite possibly my favorite movie of all time.
May 17, 2014
Ghostbusters is an immensely peasing interweaving of big-budget special effects and comedy with a performance from Murray, oozing sleazy charm and cockiness that has the ability to steal the scene even when he shares it with a gigantic, stampeding marshmallow man, which is no mean feat.
Jackson W

May 15, 2014
A film about laid off psychologists who hunt ghosts for a living is, surprisingly, one of the rare near-perfect films in all cinema. As far as comedies go, this is one of the strongest out there. The theme song is only half of what is memorable about the movie.
Good: First off, there's a lot of quotable lines in here from "That's a really big twinkie" to "There is no Dana, only zule". The humor is all situational in this way and never does it come off forced, and it's well acted. Akroyd, Ramis, and Murray all lend their efforts to make this as serious a film as it could ever be. The effects are also nice, in that they've been upgraded for sure by now but much like Back to the Future they still look good. It's a simple plot of trying to capture ghosts before they supernaturally terrorize the city which is tied together very well.
Bad: I honestly have no problems with this movie at all. It might not be for everyone, but I certainly enjoyed it.
Review: Ghostbusters is a classic, case and point. There's really no need to say anything else.