14% No Good Deed Sep 12

89% Outlander: Season 1
46% Reckless: Season 1

Ghostbusters Reviews

September 20, 2007
Absolutely amazing on the big screen! I'm really glad I got the chance to see it while it was available.
Jeff B.
Jeff B.

September 10, 2014
A riotously funny inter-dimensional channeling of high concept sci-fi and low concept comedy, Ghostbusters scares up just as much adulation today for the same reasons it did back then: Bill Murray's deadpan delivery and Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis's hilariously fun script. Aside from the scarily poor special effects, the climax still ranks as Ghostbusters' chief sticking point. The 3rd act lead-up drags and the rooftop showdown is never as out-and-out funny as anything in the first two acts. When this is all you have to complain about, then - ahem - Boo Hoo. The arrival of the skyscraper-height Stay Puft Marshmallow Man more than fills the final act's joke quotient and, frankly, the dodgy SFX weren't paraded around as the best of the best back then either.

In the 30th anniversary re-release of this PG-rated modern classic comedy, three unemployed parapsychology professors (Murray, Aykroyd, Ramis) set up shop as a unique ghost removal service.

From the get-go, this is Murray's vehicle--we're just riding in it. Sure, he's often more readily identified with Groundhog Day than this ensemble piece, but the actor's perfectly played performance as a dubious scientist - one who rarely takes anything seriously - never lets up with laughs. Seriously, root through the now-iconic scenes and dialogue to re-discover the rich wealth of one-liners he delivers at an almost machine gun clip. Reveling in showing audiences both oddball actors at the top of their game and literally otherworldly situations, Ivan Reitman's direction points up the academia and modern science-skewing humor in the script while making you wonder how this often biting flick could've ever only be rated PG.

Bottom line: Who Ya Still Gonna Call?
August 29, 2014
Why is this only 97%? Everyone is allowed their own opinion but anyone who gives this a bad review, shouldn't be allowed to have any opinions.
September 7, 2014
I long for the days when blockbusters were this much fun. Ghostbusters was made on a budget of $30 million and pulled in over $200 million, so this is neither an indie flick or a cult classic, but this movie that was so successful in the 80s sounds like a long-shot success story in 2014. The formula may not make a lot of sense on paper, but as a kooky mix of horror and comedy - before that was the cool thing to do! - Ghostbusters obviously works; just look at the people involved: Bill Murray plays his signature deadpan sarcasm to perfection here, and Rick Moranis is absolutely hysterical. The script, penned by costars Harold Ramis and Dan Aykroyd, is one of the funniest to ever come out of Hollywood, and the special effects hold up pretty well even today (some of the stop-motion is a little clunky, but come on, the movie is THIRTY YEARS OLD). Everything about this movie is top-notch, and its success and legacy is well-deserved.
June 17, 2009
Just got it on Blu Ray and WOW does it look good!!
I remember seeing this film opening weekend and hundreds of times since..on VHS and DVD....25 years later it is still fresh and funny...and looks better than ever on Blu Ray.
Bill Murray is so funny in this...
One of my all time favorites!
Can't wait to see the new one they are working on.
Ohhhh..and I got the PS3 game too...Very Fun!

10/31/12:
Always a good time of the year to watch this movie.

9/7/14:
Went to the special 30th Anniversary screenings. Was a blast to see it once more on the big screen.
September 7, 2014
One of the best comedy films. So entertaining and hilarious.
September 5, 2014
I am down Open going see this movie with my Dad?!!!
September 5, 2014
Funny, witty, and Murray's performance was great.
September 3, 2014
It holds up a lot better than I thought it would! Still very funny and Bill Murray is awesome.
Emod L.
92%
One of the most inventive horror-comedies since The Evil Dead, Ghostbusters delivers all the laughs and all the scares you'd expect from such a motion picture.
September 2, 2014
It's...it's Ghostbusters. There's a reason the Ecto-1 license plate is on my wall, it's one of the all-time greats.
September 2, 2014
Ghostbusters is frequently funny, and inventive enough to make up for any dated material.
September 1, 2014
"Are you, Alice, menstruating right now?"
"What does that got to do with it?"
"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
This quote pretty much encapsulates Ghostbusters. It's an oddball and incredibly dry comedy that's dominated by Bill Murray, who gives one of the greatest comedic performances of all time. He portrays his character so shallowly and breaks the 4th wall so deliberately that he somehow lends Peter Venkman a deeper level of complexity than the script intended. It's hard to explain, but beautiful to watch.
gamermaximum2000gmai
September 1, 2014
Watching the re release was like the greatest experiences ever. I remembered the first time watching it was like your brain exploding. It deserved to be in IMAX though, would have been cooler.
August 31, 2014
ITs ghost busters. What more do I need to say.
August 29, 2014
Age has been more than kind to this unique and very funny film.
August 31, 2014
Deservedly regarded as one of the best comedy films of all-time, this classic tale is full of fun characters and superb one-liners. One of the most entertaining films ever made. Silly, zany, classic fun.
August 31, 2014
A classic. This comedy - fantasy movie will delight audiences for generations to come. Fast pace, genuinely funny and well written, this is not only a window to the 80's but also a window for how comedies, and movies, are supposed to be. Don't wait anymore, and call them. After all, "who ya gonna call?"