Ghostbusters - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ghostbusters Reviews

½ September 17, 2015
Three scientists battle paranormal activity in the heart of NYC. A strong cast of SCTV/SNL alumni in an original and often clever comedy. I would say Rick Moranis steals most scenes he is in as the awkward accountant. Special effects are also very good but do not overshadow the story.
½ September 1, 2015
Not what I was expecting. It was not a fun, kids movie (like I thought) first of all. It was more for adults and honestly I found it kind of boring even though I am an adult. Sure it was an 80s movie, but could it be cornier? Not my favorite.
½ September 11, 2015
Special effects look silly, but Bill Murray's comic genius makes this movie very entertaining.
November 11, 2006
Yeah classic movie. At the time just what the movie going public were looking for. A bit of special effects, some good gags, cool themsong. Pretty funny movie still due to Rick Moranis' character.
½ August 28, 2015
While Ghostbusters has one of the most memorable theme songs ever, and the main characters are generally likable, I felt that this movie is mostly loved for the sense of nostalgia than for the actual content.
½ February 19, 2011
Good, fun comedy. Plot is initially quite original, but runs out of new ideas quite quickly. However, director Ivan Reitman keeps the momentum going, and the laughs flowing.

The movie is worth watching just for Bill Murray's dead pan delivery, but Dan Aykroyd, Signourney Weaver, Harold Ramis, Rick Moranis, Ernie Hudson and Annie Potts are great too.

Great fun.
August 23, 2015
This is a hilarious movie with great acting and great timing. Every actor is great but Bill Murray steals the show with his deadpan acting and one-liners.
August 16, 2015
I liked the performances and I loved the different ghosts and their personalities .
Even though it was made 31 years ago it still holds up today.
January 22, 2013
One of the best comedies of all time.
August 2, 2015
One of the great 80's comedies!!
July 30, 2015
Ghostbusters is a classic horror comedy that has the best mix of horror and comedy, awesome characters, hilarious lines and a place in pop culture history.
½ November 19, 2008
It's the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man. Seriously.
½ July 20, 2015
Rating: 92%
Ghostbusters is funny, clever, and visually spectacular, fueled by outstanding performances from the cast.
July 13, 2015
The greatest action, horror, comedy ever made!
½ June 16, 2015
This is a movie that can be summed with one word : Likable. This is a likable film with a likable cast, and likable characters. With some good effects, story, and jokes, Ghostbusters is a must see comedy!
May 18, 2015
Comical and unforgettably iconic.
June 1, 2015
Charming and witty, Ghostbusters remains one of film's best comedies.
May 13, 2015
95% on my Tomatometer.
May 10, 2015
this is one of the best comedy's of all time! And one of the best movies of all time! you know and love all the characters, hilarious writing, and pretty good effects. its just gets better, and better every time I watch it, so check it out!!!!!!!!!!!!!