Aykroyd's "Ghostbusters 3" Pushing May Soon Pay Off

Summary

Canadian comedian Dan Aykroyd recently went on the air with a country music radio station, and that's where he chose to break some stunningly, well, kinda interesting news: There will be a third "Ghostbusters" movie (and it will feature Bill Murray) -- but it will also be a movie of the CGI persuasion. I'll believe it when I see it. Back to Article

Comments

taran72

Dan Mills

Aim for the flat top!

Again, all casting starts with Steve Zahn.

Feb 6 - 09:21 PM

taran72

Dan Mills

Will Ferrell? Deray Davis because he was funny in Scary Movie 4?!? Ernie Hudson was not SUPPOSED to be funny. Justin Long...the guy from Herbie? Have you even SEEN Ghostbusters? Danny DeVito as the mayor. Wow - that's inspired. You'd make a perfect Hollywood executive; the sooner you go to college and become one, the sooner you can burn out, overdose on the glamour drug of choice, and leave RT alone.

...or you can go back to playing your Gameboy and leave the big decisions to others.

Feb 6 - 09:37 PM

AstroZombie138

Travis G

I agree... And what in the blue fuck is a suntin?

Can we please just let the Ghostbusters rest? Live-action, original cast (ALL of them), or leave it alone. Jesus.

Feb 7 - 01:24 PM

buddablz

Jammie Hannah

Wow... You really take the Ghostbusters 3 serious? Don't you? I thought what I wrote was pretty funny and nonsensical. Sarcasm. I mean after a few people before me named the frat pack as ghostbusters, it sounded really goofy, so u might as well have them all in it. But you come at me? You mad?

I mean the Ghostbusters are not relevant to 2007's pop culture. Who you gonna Call? Please, I have seen Both ghostbusters films and I enjoy them for what they are, but seriously leave them in the 1980s and move on. The franchise is dead.

So, I took the ideas I heard and ran with it. I mean who I named for the cast wouldn't really be a Ghostbusters movie. The cast I named itself wouldn't even be interested in a ghostbusters sequel they're doing fine without it.

Would kids and teenagers or even young adults like myself be interested in watching a movie about a bunch of 50something year-old aging and out of shape ghostbusters? Not really, I didn't bother to watch Blues Brothers 2000. The only way a movie like that could be relevant to today's audience is with actors that are relevant to today's audience. But it wouldn't work unless its a completely different movie. Let ghostbusters stay ghostbusters and not bring it back.

In my opinion, I think Deray Davis and Will Ferrell are good comedic actors with their own material. The Ernie Hudson character, Winston Zeddemore, would have been better suited for a comedian like Arsenio Hall (who voiced him on the cartoon for the first season) and should have been given more lines and importance to the story.

No ghostbusters 3, leave it at two. I know, you mad? LOL.

Feb 7 - 04:34 PM

taran72

Dan Mills

I didn't say I agreed with a sequel - hell no, as you say leave it alone. We can agree on that much.

But if they HAD to...and let's face, nowadays they HAVE to make sequels...your casting choices sucked. The whole point of the cast was the chemistry, not the fact that they were a bunch of comedians with their "own material". Ackroyd, Murray, Harold Ramis - they played off each other perfectly. For example, Chris Rock - funny guy, great "material". He sucks in movies. Just because a bunch of guys are funny, doesn't mean they play off each other. You've seen Ghostbusters, but obviously you missed that.

Furthermore, Arsenio Hall? My GOD. The cartoon was a bastardization, and nothing more.

Feb 7 - 08:30 PM

buddablz

Jammie Hannah

I agree with you now that I think about it, chemistry of the cast is what made the two movies great. Not Random comedians. The interactions between all of them were funny. Ernie Hudson was good as Winston too.

Feb 7 - 10:46 PM

GreenBastard

Craig Storey

Bill Murray is fricking Brilliant! and after Blues Brothers 2000 and that shit-house TV series where he was a preist! What the FUCK! Dan Aykroyd shouldn't ever be let near a film or camera again, he sucks.
Just the fact that he was talking to a country music radio station tells me he's a doosh of epic proportions.
Ghostbusters 3 sounds so GAY!
What about Stripes 2, he could be the Drill Sergeant this time?

Feb 6 - 10:06 PM

WiseGuy

Philip Zamora

God yes, that's the best idea for a Ghostbusters 3 I've heard yet. I would love to see Luke Wilson, Will Ferrell, Steve Carrell and Vince Vaughn as a new ghostbusting crew.

Feb 7 - 01:13 AM

AstroZombie138

Travis G

I agree... And what in the blue fuck is a suntin?

Feb 7 - 01:24 PM

GreenBastard

Craig Storey

I'll never trust Dan again after Blue's Brothers 2000.
He SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!

Feb 7 - 03:30 PM

buddablz

Jammie Hannah

No ghostbusters 3, leave it at two. I know, you mad? LOL.

Feb 7 - 04:34 PM

taran72

Dan Mills

Feb 7 - 08:30 PM

buddablz

Jammie Hannah

Feb 7 - 10:46 PM

killermonkey8822

Joey Chid

omg........what a gay idea........this isn't gonna work.......right now i am picturing cheap CGI and really stupid characters and really retarded voices i dunno it just won't work guys so i say get ben stiller,owen wilson,vince vaughn,and jamie foxx together for a ghostbusters 3 or something...... by the way maybe not jamie foxx but i can't think of anybody else at the moment........overall what is with all of the 80s sequels i don't get it sure there were some awesome 80s movies.........but that's like making a beetlejuice 2.......whoops i hope i didn't just give them a good idea

Feb 7 - 06:00 PM

Mattmovies

Matt Grant

There was a script that Kevin Smith said he was given the option of writing before he penned Superman Lives! It was called Beetlejuice goes Hawain or something like that.

Feb 7 - 08:05 PM

taran72

Dan Mills

Feb 7 - 08:30 PM

buddablz

Jammie Hannah

Feb 7 - 10:46 PM

buddablz

Jammie Hannah

Feb 7 - 10:46 PM

scarh791

Tom Ivers

GUYS WAIT. I PUT THIS TO YOU NOW: WHAT IF THE SATURDAY MORNING GHOSTBUSTERS CARTOON WERE VOICED BY THE ORIGINAL ACTORS?

I hope I'm not the only grown man here that made that connection when they read the article and subsequently hit the ceiling with glee.

Feb 8 - 12:48 PM

Aampology21

Aamp Townsend

What about the token black guy, you have to have that or it wouldn't be Ghostbusters at all. Just no Will Smith, please

Feb 8 - 12:59 PM

Matanuki

Matanuki .

[b]Enough Already!![/b]
Hmm... Way to slap Ernie Hudson in the face there, Irm8. So no African Americans in your perfect vision of a Ghostbusters sequel, eh? A completely white washed ensemble. Oh so how far this culture has come. It annoyed me when, while there clearly were four Ghostbusters, I would go to the movie store and only find three of them on the VHS video cover. Now this. A complete revisioning that, according to "fans", would be best served with an all white cast. feh!

Feb 9 - 05:58 PM

NormanBates21

Keith Brooks

I just stumbled upon this whole mess and let me say the following.

Me: Ghostbusters one and two, are you guys gods?
GB1&GB2: YES!

My next point is this. I love these freaking movies so they could do a puppet show of them for all i care and i'd go see the ****. if you're a fan of the turtles, TMNT wasn't so bad. And as far as recasting, please. no. there are only four ghostbusters, and most of you keep forgetting Ernie, who is pimp. Stiller can lick my taint. I DO NOT want to see ghostbusters jr. or any mess about teaching the upstarts how to play. And if you really had to cast it over for your sick mind, it's as follows.

Vaughn is practically the son of Murray
Owen Wilson could maybe do Ray, maybe even Steve Zahn, but i go Seth Rogan
Egon is a no brainer, he's older, but Jeff Goldblum was born to do this
And Winston, has got to be Big Willie all the way.

There you have an action packed, hilarious movie, with a nice little update.
enough said.

Aug 17 - 05:24 PM

Allmano

Zachary Allman

haha i like lrm8's idea. cept they need a black guy for winston. I think they should go for live-action and just have cameos of the old cast. In a new generation we need some new ghost busters!

Aug 23 - 02:58 PM

darkbob

joe vaughn

Wow, i guess i can say i used to like Bill Murray, since i found out hes a crazy superstitious moron. Yeah I like the live action better than CG too much CG burnout. If it comes down to it a remake of the originals would be good, and Yeah, no BEN stiller, hes a horrible actor, and only 1 of the wilsons, and i like Ryan Reynolds as he fits well, Or maybe the whole thing should be a broken lizard project.

Dec 18 - 10:41 AM

Nine Movies That Bring the Funk

Weekly Binge
Weekly Binge

Watch Arrested Development

Cosplay Gallery
Cosplay Gallery

See over 350 Comic-Con Costumes!

Photo gallery of great movie spaceships