Aykroyd Talks Ghostbusters Game, Sequel

Summary

It's a little difficult to tell whether he's talking about "Ghostbusters: The Video Game" or "Ghostbusters 3," but either way, Dan Aykroyd is excited about the future of the franchise -- and confident we'll see Sigourney Weaver reprise the role of Dana Barrett. Back to Article

Comments

JUDGE DREDD

idle one kenobi

I LOVE Ghostbusters. I watched it again the other night after a couple year break, and had forgotten just how funny/witty and clever the whole movie is. The script is sharp, and acting believable despite its premise.

Cant wait for GB3 and looking forward to the game. Glad its out on pc too.

Apr 10 - 02:54 PM

arendr

Arend Anton

For me, the Ghostbusters video game will always be the one I used to play on the Commodore 64.

Apr 10 - 08:14 PM

collex

Alex D.B.

What I don't like in this article his that they say that Ghostbuster 2 was crap. I am hard-pressed to see why they say it's crap. It's not as good as the first one, granted, but it's still not crap by any standard

Apr 11 - 07:21 AM

arendr

Arend Anton

I don't get the Ghostbusters 2 hate. I think I saw that one before the first one when I was a kid, and I've always been fond of it.

I haven't watched it in years, though, so maybe it's not as good as I remember. But still, there's some good stuff.

Apr 11 - 10:39 AM

arendr

Arend Anton

Apr 11 - 10:39 AM

Hamboner

Brian Lorenzen

Me neither. It was definitely derivative of the first film, and wasn't "necessary" in the sense of furthering any greater story being told, but it had tons of quality.

The scene in the court room with the Scaleri Brothers was awesome. The opening scene showing the Ghostbusters being reduced to performing at birthday parties was funny. Pete Venkman's "Work of the Psychic" was funny too.

There was a lot of original humor in the second film, I don't see why everyone involved is so embarrassed by it.

Apr 12 - 09:02 AM

Matanuki

Matanuki .

It is kind of silly that GB2 gets hated on so much. Silly, and bizarre. It is weird however that after the proceedings of the first film, they'd exist in a New York with the difficulties they faced in 2. These guys saved the city from ghosts, demons, and a giant marshmellow man, and somehow they have to bend over backwards AGAIN to prove that the enemy they face is real? That, for me, is the heart of GB2's problems. If this again is the premise of 3 then I will be a lot less interested. It's like the Spider-Man franchise, overusing the tired 'rescue the girl' gimmick.

Apr 13 - 06:19 AM

JAKEofMIDWORLD

Jake Almond

Ghostbusters 2 was not crap by any means. I agree with you guys about it being nothing new, but it was a funny movie that I've enjoyed over and over. You can play it right after the first and it is like one long movie. It works well as a companion to the first.

And even though it was weird that the people of NYC forgot all of that, that was sort of the funny joke in the movie that the guys can't even figure out. It is true though that people are quick to forget and we do tend to forget our heroes when we decide we don't need them anymore.

Apr 13 - 08:48 AM

Chris C.

Chris Cavalli

GB2 was just fine. Not a good as the original but still awesome, and I almost always watch it when its on. I fully support a third one, I mean c'mon! Why the he!! not??!!

The original was such a classic and the second get's an unfairly bad rap. Some reasons the second one is great:

Dr. Yanosh Pohah in every scene he's in

CFM

'schak Attack

More Ghostbusters please.

Apr 13 - 09:17 AM

pantz86

Ben Willett

Thousands of years ago before Sigourney Weaver...

Apr 13 - 08:50 PM

Ethan Hawke's 10 Best Movies

The Hunger Games
The Hunger Games

New Mockingjay teaser trailer

Pictures of great movie apes

Gone Girl Trailer