63% Hercules Jul 25

85% Welcome to Sweden: Season 1
77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Ghoulies III: Ghoulies Go to College Reviews

January 19, 2013
First we got Ghoulies, and no one cared. Then we got Ghoulies II, which was a slight improvement, but nothing to write home about. Finally we got Ghoulies III, a film that not only pokes fun at college life, but also at the movie franchise it is a part of. Though it is by no means a well-made or well-acted film, it sure is a good time. And then, of course, we got Ghoulies IV...
June 21, 2014
The ghoulies are transformed from a toilet into little green ghouls when a professor reads from a comic book. The mischievous little devils trash campus, inflaming a war between two fraternities. Super-lowbrow humour; sometimes silly, mostly 2nd rate Porky's-type comedy. Starring Kevin McCarthy, but best part may be Eva La Rue!
March 2, 2014
A College professor who rules with an iron fist confiscates a comic book of a stoner who attends his class, and he inadvertently ends up raising the Ghoulies - hilarity and wacky behaviour ensues! Directed by John Carl Buechler of Troll 'Fame;... pure shite but in the most enjoyable way, still better than Twilight.
Vincent
September 12, 2013
What were they thinking?
August 5, 2013
Trashy, entertaining, yet really dumb. The Ghoulies talk this time, which makes them more fun let more obnoxious. I was surprised by the number of familiar faces. The film's humor isn't really good, and the effects are cheesy, but the concept is fun.
May 7, 2013
I haven't seen the other entries of the Ghoulies series, but I really liked the completely retarded, but absurdly fun third entry. This film feels like a weird mix of Animal House and Three Stooges combined with the Ghoulies franchise, making for a very weird, but very fun horror comedy. I laughed, it gave me gore, it gave me shameless sex and nudity, it gave me college shenanigans - it delivered the goods to say the least. It's dumb as fuck, but being in my nature to love ridiculous B-movies, I enjoyed Ghoulies III. If you enjoy a fun, stupid horror film, be sure to check it out.
May 4, 2013
Okay, get it out of your mind that this has anything to do with horror at all, and think of it as more a college comedy with some monsters pulling some pranks.

This may just be the most enjoyable of the four films. I will say the worst thing about the film is the Ghoulies themselves. Since part 2, they have grown a lot taller, learned how to talk and apparently the surviving ones are now trapped in a comic book. The reader of the book lets them out and controls them.

I think the human aspect of this film is what made it so watchable. A lot of crazy good in the cast. McCarthy is hamming it up in a so bad its good way. Then you have early roles from Jason Scott Lee and Matthew Lillard as Frat Brothers. And a nice Kane Hodder cameo to start the film.

And the women are great. Marcia Wallace has a nice little role; her being a very famous voice on The Simpsons. But it was Eva La Rue, who is adorable, and Hope Marie Carlton, who is a total sexpot, that own this movie.
January 31, 2013
Glazier College will never be the same after The Ghoulies take over the campus! The creatures are unwittingly summoned by one of the professors during fraternity Prank Week, where they get in to more mischief as they terrorize the students. John Carl Buechler assumes the director's chair for the first time in the series after having designed the puppets since the original. GHOULIES 3 combines the college sex romp comedy with the zany cartoon antics of the Looney Tunes characters, going so far as to give the awful little creatures speech (not to mention their cheesy one-liners). Buechler has further improved upon their design as well for increased mobility and facial articulation. While the film strives to become the next ANIMAL HOUSE or REVENGE OF THE NERDS, the repetitive plot, forgettable characters, and endless amounts of toilet humor cause it to fall desperately short. GHOULIES 3 is just stupid and silly enough to be enjoyable, falling somewhere between the first and second film in terms of overall entertainment value.
Phil H

June 6, 2012
Why on earth is Kevin McCarthy in this bottom of the barrel muck? seriously?
So this time the Ghoulies are trapped within a comicbook (beats me) and as before can be controlled by whoever releases them. So the comic ends up in a college and after many obvious false starts the demons get released.

Cue lots and lots of your typical cliched, predictable, unfunny college nonsense (in typical American style) with, of course, lots of excuses for tits and ass. The tits and ass is perfectly fine in my books hehe but I think the film makers kinda forget this is suppose to be a horror comedy, not 'Porkies' with puppets.

The plot is puerile and involves two college fraternities trying to 'out prank' each other to win a trophy of sorts. This of course equals lots of trouble with teachers and eventually lots of accusations of trouble which has been caused by the ghoulies. Oh and McCarthy as the main teacher tries to control the little demons for himself, gee I wonder why.

Probably the worst and cheapest of the four films with nothing to keep you awake accept for tits and ass. The ghoulies are still decent looking puppets though and there are a few star names in there as beginners, the most fun (what there is of it) is finding them.
March 28, 2012
Wow! Surprisingly enough, Ghoulies Go to College is in my opinion the best of the lot! Now, we need a Ghoulies in Space, and a Ghoulies in the Hood, and perhaps a Ghoulies Take Manhattan and we will be all set!
February 23, 2012
Fun but goofy, the Ghoulies definitely lost cuteness points when they started talking.
cristorey087
February 6, 2012
best movies i ever seen classic
March 24, 2010
This movie is quite the spectacle. It has a cast full of recognizable names like Jason Scott Lee (Mowgli in Jungle Book), Kevin McCarthy (RJ Fletcher in UHF), Patrick Labyorteaux (Ram in Heathers), Eva La Rue (Natalia in CSI Miami) and 20 year old Matthew Lilard in his first movie. It is also amazing to me that all of these talented actors came together to work for writer director John Carl Beuchler who brought you gems like Troll and The Dungeonmaster. Either way that's all in the past now.

So Ghoulies 3, what is there to say about this ... uh ... film? It's not really a film as much as it is 94 minutes of on-screen magic seen through the eyes of a 12 year old. The very talented Kevin McCarthy plays Professor Ragnar, a crotchety old windbag of a dean who also teaches Humanities. One day he confiscates a comic book which he later reads aloud in his office, thereby conjuring the presence of the Ghoulies. One of whom is voiced by none other than Richard Kind? Really? The guy from Spin City? Anyway Prof Ragnar pits the Ghoulies against the frats during prank week and pretty soon all 2 frats on campus are at each others' throats.

This movie is really really juvenile. Like I said, basically it was made specifically for 12 year old boys. I think the 12 year old in me really liked it. I think the rest of me saw how awful it was. But I have a hard time judging this movie too harshly given the cast, director, and how much freak'n fun they must've had making this thing. This movie is the definition of guilty pleasure and I'm sure that whoever saw this in their youth is forever tainted by its strange allure. I however am not one of those, perhaps lucky, few. Instead I just kept looking away in disgust at the retarded parts, laughing at the stupid parts, and yelling "it's so and so from such and such" for the rest of the movie.

This movie is just too amazing to get anything less than a 2.5 out of 5. You simply don't see movies like this very often. There are good reasons for that but still, it's amazing that it ever was made in the first place. How do you get funding for something like this? How do you get so many great people excited about something like this? Why did this movie only get a region 2 DVD release? How did this pre-pubescent freak show get a sequel? How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop? The world may never know. (I know, it's 3)

If you get a chance to see this, I say watch it. You'll never forget it.
CrankyBeast
CrankyBeast

August 1, 2009
We didn't need a 3rd movie.
derek b.
July 4, 2009
Ghoulies go to college is my favorite movie in the whole world. I give it an excellent review. I bought the collectors edition on Amazon for 77.77 and then I spent 202.22 on a regional 2 DVD Player just to watch it.
I LOVE THIS MOVIE!!!!!!!
Thanks
Derek Blair

PS Rest in peace Michael Jackson
comicguy87
February 13, 2009
A bit silly but entertaining for the most part, the ghoulies weren't very threatening but they did manage to kill a few people.
markrowen
December 29, 2008
I hate scary movies because like duh they suck but I actually <3 this stupid movie.

The beer can mountain and oh, come one, who didn't laugh at the whole...

"Prank week?"
"Prank week?"
"Pancakes!?!?!?!"
*SMACK!!!!*
MECreviews
August 10, 2007
Could have been a lot better.