RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: G.I. Joe: Retaliation and Black Rock
Plus, a couple of good reissues and a bunch of semi-noteworthy ones.
There really isn't a lot to talk about this week, as far as home releases are concerned. There is the big, explodey blockbuster franchise sequel, of course, and an indie thriller, plus a few very small films and a handful of reissues, but not a whole lot to get excited about (unless you're a Guillermo del Toro fan). See below for the full list:
Also available this week:
- Filly Brown (45%), a drama about a young hip hop artist trying to save her family and keep her integrity as an artist at the same time.
- Under the Bed (43%), a horror movie about a couple of brothers battling a monstrous menace.
- Between Us (40%), starring Julia Stiles and Taye Diggs in a dark comedy about two couples coming to grips with their marital problems.
- Rushlights (18%), starring Aidan Quinn and Beau Bridges about a couple of teenagers who become wrapped up in a small town's dark underworld when they show up to claim an inheritance that isn't theirs.
- Criterion's release of Guillermo del Toro's Certified Fresh 2000 horror thriller The Devil's Backbone (91%), about a young boy who encounters an apparition at the Spanish Civil War-era orphanage where he lives. The release features a new 2K digital transfer, new and archival interviews, storyboard comparisons, deleted scenes, and more.
- The 1986 Francis Ford Coppola time-warp comedy Peggy Sue Got Married (84%) is available in Blu-ray.
- The original 1980 version of horror film The Fog (69%) is available in a new Blu-ray Collector's Edition with new audio commentary, vintage featurettes, and other extras.
- For those who are fans, Elvis Presley's big screen debut Love Me Tender (50%) is available in Blu-ray.