G.I. Joe Gets a Real Australian Screenwriter

Summary

Last Friday, we passed along the news that Stephen Sommers had been confirmed to direct G.I. Joe. The report was an official affirmation of what the gang at IESB had already spoiled, and yesterday, another of the site's Joe rumors became reality. Back to Article

Comments

dracus

Cap Nord

Attention Wal Mart shoppers; our video department has just recieved a new arrival for the bargain bin ...

Aug 31 - 06:31 AM

TheFuzz

John Chiara

Cobra Commander would roll over in his grave. Didn't these guys see Transformers? IT WORKED! Stick to the original characters and themes! Hopefully someone will intervene. As an avid GI Joe fan growing up, I am a bit nervous about this one.

Aug 31 - 08:19 AM

arendr

Arend Anton

So far this sounds like it's on par with "Swat" which just happened to be on TV last night. What an amazing script that one has...

Aug 31 - 09:37 AM

arendr

Arend Anton

Coming to theatres next summer..."POGS: THE MOVIE" STARRING KEANU REEVES AND THE LATE MARLON BRANDO AS 'THE SLAMMER'!"

Aug 31 - 10:36 AM

Sputnik99

sputnik 99

Ahhh....It's so nice to hear the Real AMERICAN Hero has been dumped into EUROPE and has gotten an AUSTRALIAN writer to boot!

Boy, Sommers, you sure know your G.I. Joe! I can't wait to hear Snake Eyes talking!

Aug 31 - 11:27 AM

apostate

Colin Schmied

No he'll just have crazy cool "cyber eyes" or some crap.

3-1 someone is going to have an outrageous french accent. I'm taking all bets!

Aug 31 - 11:41 AM

apostate

Colin Schmied

No he'll just have crazy cool "cyber eyes" or some crap.

3-1 someone is going to have an outrageous french accent. I'm taking all bets!

Aug 31 - 11:41 AM

ghostdog888

jason gerard

I suppose it's too early to pass judgement on this one, but after being thoroughly satisfied with Transformers, I am expecting a lot from another one of my childhood toys. They should just do a remake of the Weather Machine GIJOE movie or the creation of Serpentor!!

Aug 31 - 12:50 PM

Sputnik99

sputnik 99

Ghostdog, forgive me, but you're totally missing what is happening. Sommers is completely re-writing the definition of G.I. Joe. What we grew up has nothing to do with this movie. You have absolutely no chance of seeing the Weather Dominator or Serpentor's creation from the greatest rulers in history.

Cherish your comics and cartoons, because this movie will have no place with them.

Aug 31 - 02:44 PM

LoMaX

andrew lomax

My feelings are hurt

Aug 31 - 11:35 PM

CoUcH ToMaToE DoUgIe

Shawn Amoroso

is that crocodile dundee guy be in this one, i miss him and i think

him as one of the joes would be great. are they gonna to be riding kangaroos, too?

boy this, these jokes are almost as bad as this flick gonna to be. still, gotta love

double crossing scottish dealer, sean connery anyone?!;)

Sep 1 - 12:53 PM

Daniel Aaron

Daniel Gentry

To the guy who said they "got it right" with the transformer's when where you born? you probubly think beast wars was the first series. As far as GI JOE goes it already sounds like crap Hollywood see's possable coin and will rape this concept like they have the transformers, or Rob Zombie did Halloween.

Sep 2 - 08:00 PM

Rockslide

Rocky Davies

This is the same crap we were complaining about in the other thread and I hate complaining! But this has crossed the line. A REAL AMERICAN HERO!!! What part of this is lost in translation? C.O.B.R.A.= Converting Our Beloved Remembrances Atrociously

Sep 3 - 08:00 AM

hectortorresusa

Hector Rodriguez

please sombody better tell Mr. Sommers to stick to the original roots in this one. !IT WILL WORK!! they don't need to be re-designed,in that case just update the gadgets,but the original concept and caracters need to be the same as the 80's cartoons all of us grew up with. Gijoe being led by DUKE, SNAKE-EYES being a silent commando with ninja trainig, and COBRA being a terrorist organization determined to rule the world led by COBRA COMMANDER and DESTRO being the arms dealer.
I bealive that this will kick *** if handeled well.by the Way I would like to see THE COBRA LOGO EVERYWERE,hiss tanks and rattlers all over the screen. COBRAAAA!!!!

Sep 6 - 09:39 AM

hectortorresusa

Hector Rodriguez

Sep 6 - 09:40 AM

Nine Movies That Bring the Funk

Weekly Binge
Weekly Binge

Watch Arrested Development

SpongeBob's Back!
SpongeBob's Back!

See trailer for his 3D adventure

Photo gallery of great movie spaceships