Critic Review - ReelViews

There's an expectation that the audience will be invested in the relationship between Duke and Ana, but the poor writing and lack of chemistry between the principals fails to sell the romance as anything more substantial than a weak plot element.

August 11, 2009 Full Review Source: ReelViews | Comments (7)
ReelViews
Top Critic IconTop Critic

Comments

cold ice

cold ice aka claude pace

you critics make me sick, probably u waste your time watching useless sports like baseball on tv..spending hours watching southpark and friends, but u r so stupid that u cant enjoy a great movie like g.i.joe! jack ***!

Aug 12 - 05:08 AM

Arn R.

Arn Rivers

Check out the 80's marvel GIJoe comics by Larry Hama. Also check out the hasbro sunbow first season of GI Joe. GIJoe can work if it is done right. The same with Transformers. The problem with Hollyweird they rarely get it right which it is very unfortunate. These days they think about money more than quality.

Aug 12 - 08:17 AM

cold ice

cold ice aka claude pace

I HAVE BEEN A FAN SINCE 81. I HAVE ALL THE COMICS, ALL TOYS AND ALL CARTOONS ON DVD. AND I LOVED THE MOVIE. WHY? BECAUSE I DID NOT EXPECT IT TO BE ANOTHER LORD OF THE RINGS !! ITS A FUN MOVIE BASED ON A BLOODY TOY!

Aug 12 - 02:14 PM

Arn R.

Arn Rivers

I was talking to the critc. As you way know if you follow up GIJoe. Cobra Commander never revealed his face. He never had a breathing mask either. He wore a chrome silver plated mask ,and a navy blue military uniform. The Baroness was never Cobra Commander's sister. She was never brainwashed. She had a Russian accent. She wasn't American. She was Russian European. While StormShadow instead was brainwashed by CobraCommander. Baroness never had a thing for Duke. While she did have a thing for Destro. The Baroness did manage to flirt with Flint every once in a while. Scarlett never had any romance thing going with Ripcord. In the comics she did have a romance going with Snake Eyes. While in the cartoon she had a romance going with Duke. Cover Girl shouldn't of been killed. Storm Shadow shouldn't of been killed. They shouldn't of added lips to Snake Eyes mask. A US president doesn't sound like an Englishman. I hope it gets a reboot instead of a sequel ,and get it right which they should of done with this one. Transformers is another mess which shouldn't of been given to Michael Bay ,and Paramount is also responsible for that.

Aug 12 - 11:11 PM

cold ice

cold ice aka claude pace

I DONT CARE ..THIS IS THE MOVIE VERSION. I LIKE TO WATCH MOVIES, I LOVED TRANSFORMERS. ITS A FUN MOVIE...IT MADE MORE THAN 800 MIL AT THE BOX OFFICE AND G.I.JOE WILL BE NEXT.. WHO CARES ABOUT SOME DIC* HEAD CRITIC WHO CANT EVEN WATCH A GOOD MOVIE AND SHUT THE F*** UP?!

Aug 13 - 11:48 PM

Arn R.

Arn Rivers

I'll speak my mind. Mind you, and you are so out of touch with reality. All people have an opinion. Yours isn't the only one that counts here. So stop acting like a communist bully!

Aug 14 - 12:05 PM

Wendy M.

Wendy Myhill

No kidding, Arn. From this day forth I will ignore his rantings because he obviously has the intelligence of a drunk, retarded amoeba.

Nov 14 - 09:22 PM