Gingerdead Man 3: Saturday Night Cleaver Reviews

axadntpron
½ December 17, 2011
Worst horror "franchise" ever?
Cinema-Maniac
January 1, 2012
Your wondering why i've even bother to review this movie if I hated the first two, it because I have a rule when it comes to reviewing every movie in a franchise. Unfortunately, this is also the worst, and I mean the worst franchise horror franchise i've ever seen.

The story is, and i'm making this up, after the Gingerdead Man escaped from jail, he finds himself in a time machine headed for 1976. He arrives in the middle of a roller-boogie contest? but the uninteresting party is just getting started for the infamous cookie killer. After taking in the sights of the beautiful roller girls, Gingerdead gets back to his old murderous ways, causing more boring bloody mayhem than ever before with some poorly done humor. Just like the first two, the acting is horrible.

To be honest, it's like watching Epic Movie, it's just reference after reference and it gets old way to fast. Bad dialogue, bad acting, bad CGI, unbearable story, poorly filmed, cheesy jokes, poor production value, and I could keep listing on what else sucks about this movie, but you get the point.

The Gingerdead Man franchise is one of the most baffling franchise in horror history and I had the displeasure of watching every second of it. These are, without a doubt, the worst horror horror franchise ever made.
April 19, 2014
The Gingerdead Man escapes from a research facility for homicidal baked goods and jumps onto a time machine which takes him back to 1976. It's the disco era and the cookie maniac is not liking it. So he decides to hack n' slash a bunch of Roller Boogie types. There are references to the 70's of course, a bikini car wash scene, a funny threesome sex scene between a blonde girl, a hunk and a really ugly slob janitor (the only highlight of the movie), a few film references to Carrie, Silence of the Lambs, Saturday Night Live, 28 Days Later (just to name a few). Overall, this final entry to the Gingerdead franchise is another piece of shit.
April 4, 2014
Movies like this aren't made to be taken seriously, but they still need to be interesting, or funny, or gory, or at least give you wood or something. This really didn't do any of that. Number three in the series wasn't better or worse than either of the others, they all pretty much sucked equally. The funniest thing about them is the name. After that, it goes downhill. I will admit that the evil pastry made me grin occasionally with one of his goofy one-liners, and I always enjoy a good nail gun massacre, although the CGI on this one was at a second grade level, just like all the other effects on the rest of the potentially enjoyable gore. Extra half star though, for the awesome 70s threads, especially that suit!
½ August 24, 2013
The worst entry in a stupid franchise, Saturday Night Cleaver somehow transfers the action back in time to a 70s roller-derby, but your attention will probably have already shifted elsewhere by that point in the movie....
May 22, 2012
I'll admit I laughed at this movie... for about the first 15 minutes. Then it ceased being funny and just became phenomenally stupid. This is the first film from this franchise I've watched, and I can promise it will be the last.
½ November 17, 2013
This is my favorite of the sy-fi channel-ish horror films (ie thankskilling, santa's slay) i thought this film was hilarious especially the first scene when he breaks out of the home for homicidal baked goods. Awful production quality, about a gazillion plot holes and the worst acting you could wish to see. All while remaining hilariously entertained in a this movie is terrible sort of way.
January 8, 2011
Hands down the best film in cinema history!!!
½ February 2, 2013
72%

"He said, 'I can smell your muffin'."-Clarissa (Laura Kachergus)

Made by a guy who directed some Power Ranger episodes, want do you want, a masterpiece?
½ February 1, 2013
The Gingerdead Man is back on the run after escaping from an asylum for criminally-insane baked goods, and with the help of a conveniently-placed time machine, he is headed to 1976 to stir up some trouble at a local roller rink! The ingredients for this episode include two tablespoons CARRIE, a pinch of SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER, and a splash of SILENCE OF THE LAMBS as the Gingerdead Man passes through one silly spoof after another. GINGERDEAD MAN 3 takes just a tiny step back from the last hilarious entry in the series, providing more gore but fewer laughs along the way. The roller rink serves as such a strange setting for the film, and far too much time is spent actually trying to develop the characters considering this is a movie about a freakin' killer cookie. Regardless, it shows the same high production values that were found in the second film, and legitimately looks like it could have stepped out of the 70's (minus a few computerized kills). Fans of the first two films will be sure to enjoy the latest in the GINGERDEAD MAN series!

-Carl Manes
I Like Horror Movies
½ January 7, 2013
Ridiculously awful film. Hard to believe that there was a first film, much less a third. There are some funny cinematic and 70's pop culture references (including in the sound editing and music), but the language is schoolboy-gratuitous and beyond foul. Surprisingly, there is zero T&A which would have gone a long way towards making it more watchable (nothing could make it 'better').
December 21, 2012
Don't get me wrong, this film is TERRIBLE, one of the worst films I have ever seen. But it's one of those beautifully horrible films that is incredibly entertaining. Worth a look.
½ September 3, 2012
It has like 3 really hilariously awesome moments but otherwise Gingerdead Man 3 Saturday Night Cleaver is a so bad it's just plain bad movie.
½ July 28, 2012
Absolute garbage. I got.this movie for 25, pure waste of a quarter.
½ June 8, 2012
It has fun moments, but eventually overstays its welcome. It parodies films like Carrie and Silence of the Lambs. The characters aren't too original and the CGI is horrible. It can be a fun watch though, but don't expect too much out of it.
½ June 6, 2012
The puppets cracked me up. That's it.
½ May 21, 2012
An okay closing to this great horredy series, though they really could've toned down a lot.
Cinema-Maniac