• PG, 1 hr. 30 min.

Girls Just Want to Have Fun Reviews

MANUGINO
MANUGINO

February 3, 2010
Getting into trouble is easy but getting out of it is all the fun!

Good 80's movie! I very much enjoyed and like this movie, the dancing, the song's were all great. It's a good old 80's movie and there's nothing better than the 80's!

Janey is new in town, and soon meets Lynne, who shares her passion for dancing in general, and "Dance TV" in particular. When a competition is announced to find a new Dance TV regular couple, Janey and Lynne are determined to audition. The only problem is that Janey's father doesn't approve of that kind of thing.
movieguru12
movieguru12

February 24, 2008
AJ V

September 6, 2010
This teen dance comedy is a lot of fun, girls will especially like this movie for the romance and Parker's character. I really liked this movie.
Alice S

January 25, 2010
I bought this at an Albertson's to get cash back for the DPS before I realized that even a cheapy DVD costs more than an ATM fee. To those who don't live in Texas, that's a grocery store and the DMV. Wouldn't it be great if Texas also had different names for DVD and ATM?

Kinda fun. Plot is like Hairspray, but it came even before John Water's original. All the characters get their falls from grace and subsequent redemptions. I like SJP in almost every other role besides Carrie Bradshaw. Helen Hunt must have had that voice since she was six.
Leigh R

girlie movie
deano
deano

January 28, 2007
A teenager goes against her father's wishes and enters a dance competition. Something tells me we're seen something like this before. It's pretty cliched, but the endearing performers make it pass without too much pain.
DrStrangeblog
DrStrangeblog

March 3, 2009
Helen Hunt is very engaging and the film has a light atmosphere but just doesn't grab me enough to want to watch the whole thing.
iLeo
iLeo

April 12, 2007
So remember this movie. Loved Helen Hunt in this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
REMEMBER THIS,CYN!!!
July 25, 2013
Better titles for this movie would have been "This Movie Is Totally 80s" or "White People Dancing" or "Remember when Sarah Jessica Parker was Cute?"
May 17, 2008
"Girls Just Want to Have Fun" is everything that you'd expect from a cheesy 80's teen comedy. The acting is over the top and there are a few too many cheesy montages set to a fast-paced 80's hit, but the movie accomplishes what it sets out to do. I was really blown away with how young Helen Hunt looks (I had never seen her in such a young role) and Sarah Jessica Parker looked a lot better when she was 20 years old. Acting-wise, these two were fine. It was Morgan Woodward and Ed Lauter whose acting went way beyond necessity; at times, it felt as if they were trying to out-shine the leads by overacting. Regardless, this movie isn't about quality of acting or plot - it is about the dancing and the 80's style. The dancing isn't always the best but it really does help to capture that 1980's teen feel. I could go on and one but the Netflix synopsis of this movie says all that you need to know: "Two rebellious girls find themselves on a wild adventure filled with cute boys, prudish nuns, mean rich kids and parents that just don't understand."
July 22, 2012
What utter nonsense. It's all naive sexual frustration for the Reagan generation with no surprises or any genuine sort of rebellion. I had to tweet awful quotes and stray observations to stay interested. The only remotely amusing thing about "Girls Just Want to Have Fun" is a cooky Helen Hunt.
December 4, 2011
Such a fun 80s movie with great dancing & music to go along with it :) :) :) :) One of my all time faves (: (: (: (:
January 28, 2012
Really cheesy 80's dance movie. So basically, it was amazing! :p So much fun to watch with my 9 year old. :)
guachinangoferoz
February 25, 2011
This movie rocks. It is great on so man levels. I mean, there is a horse, in a dress, that talks! Amazing. Not to mention a great cast. Only detraction is perhaps the lacking of great boy candy, but what can you do, the movie does center on the girls
The80sExpert
September 20, 2008
Girls just want to have fun, but sometimes they have to fight for the right to party! Parker plays a rebellious teenager who wants to be in the dance contest. This is a fun teen comedy with dancing and romance.
Shellbells89
February 1, 2009
This movie was super funny and cute. It was an awesome 80's chick flick, probably the best 80s chick flick I've ever seen. This really was great though. I laughed pretty hard in some parts and it's really cute too. I think the love story is pretty cute because they were both kind of full of themselves in the beginning about their dancing, but they made it work. I really liked watching the dances and the moves. They did some really cool stuff that I wish I could do with my boyfriend, it would be so much fun and be so sexy to do some of those moves and dance with a guy! Perfect movie for a girls night!
moviemaniacgirl
moviemaniacgirl

March 31, 2009
I know this is old, but the old Sarah Jessica Parker, and Helen Hunt were frickin hilarious! I love love love this movie!
October 15, 2006
Col. Glenn: You're too young to go out at night, except for the occasional supervised school activity. When you're eighteen, then you're entitled to some nightlife. Now we had a deal, remember?
Janey: We made a deal when I was seven and a half and night life was The Muppet Show!
Col. Glenn: Don't sass me!
Janey: I'm sorry, sir.

A fun little 80s movie.
starhawk
June 30, 2008
With a cast this famous, you might get suckered into thinking the film is good. Let me warn you: PUT IT DOWN NOW!! I would like to suggest they change the title. I saw no girls having fun in this fim.