Give Up Tomorrow Reviews

March 20, 2015
Watched on Netflix, haven't been this shocked from a documentary for a while, I'm speechless. I think everyone should take their time to watch it.
January 28, 2014
This is a story of an unjust system, looking only to protect its own neck. This is the outrage of onlookers and commentators who cannot stand the ridiculous logic behind taking a man's life away when he did not commit any wrong. Most of all, this is one young man's brave fight to show the world that he can be beaten down, but not beaten. The story is reminiscent of Mumia Abu Jamal's own plight, except the circumstances of Paco's innocence are more blatant and apparent.
April 22, 2013
The documentary is so convincing but more than that, this shows the flawed judicial system in the Philippines.
½ October 8, 2012
The movie offers an in-depth look at how the Philippine justice system handles a high profile case, highlighting the influence of public opinion, the media, and covert government & police connections.

It's a provocative story that tests the limits of due process, and the principle that people are "innocent until proven guilty."

A persuasive compilation of evidence and testimonies that might garner enough support for the government to reconsider the case.
½ November 11, 2012
I was just 8 years old when the crime happened -- very clueless at that time. This documentary convinced me that Paco LarraƱaga is indeed innocent. I am a Filipino but this documentary clearly shows the rotten state of our justice system then.
½ October 11, 2012
Stirring docu about the Philippine justice system, but its intentions are a little fishy.
October 7, 2012
This is a documentary made in the tradition of "The Thin Blue Line" and "Paradise Lost." It's about the miscarriage of justice, only this time it hits close to home for me. It tells the story of a young man (and 6 others) who were convicted of the brutal murder and rape of two young women but this guy could not have possibly committed it since the murders happened in Cebu and he was clearly seen in Manila, the capital city in a whole other island, by 40+ witnesses.. An eye-opening look into the justice system of my country. I always knew that there's lots of corruption and disgusting things happening in our government but I had no idea it was THIS bad. It's disturbing, infuriating and heartbreaking.
September 29, 2012
A TRUE STORY! I know. Three of my daughters were with this innocent man in Manila when the crime he was convicted of happened in another island 350 kms away.