• PG-13, 1 hr. 55 min.

79% You're the Worst: Season 1

Goal II: Living the Dream Reviews

Dean !

December 23, 2007
A decent follow up to the first film, with the young Mexican snapped up by Real Madrid in the January transfer window to help their champions league campaign. Again this has plenty of guest stars playing themselves and the football games and scenes are very well done. Plot wise the new kid on the block has to cope with fame and fortune, the press, living abroad with his wife back in Newcastle and finding his mother. Not as deep story wise as the first, you do need to watch that first really and I wasn't happy with the quick ending waiting for the third installment, but this is about as good a film about football as can be made. Next up Goal 3 at the World cup!!
MANUGINO
MANUGINO

November 22, 2008
It was really good, didn't quite surpass the original but it was close to it. Love the play scenes!!! Awesome movie!

After gaining experience with the football club Newcastle United, Santiago Munez (Becker) gets a huge break when he's transferred to Real Madrid.
LorenzoVonMatterhorn
LorenzoVonMatterhorn

August 3, 2008
Announcer: Cometh the moment, cometh the man.

As far as movies go, this is an entirely predictable movie but its pretty decent. If you want a nice Sunday film where you don't have to think, its ideal. The football bits are quite good, the cameos are great and the story is reasonably engaging. Im not saying its brilliant by any means but I don't think it deserves the negative comments its had. Its a good fun football film that any sports fan will enjoy - and fair play for ending on a cliffhanger. Becker is a charming lead and Friel pulls of a reasonably genuine Geordie accent. If you want a sports movie with a bit of heart, fluff, action and a bit of glamour, you won't be disappointed.

3.5/5
ajaymuthecooldevils
ajaymuthecooldevils

June 20, 2007
Well... actually I was hoping for a better sequel... But I didn't see it... The story just too standard... They couldn't make a better story than this... But the soundtrack was great... I love every song in this movie... Even the acting of the cast was bad but it was a pleasure to see a great club like Real Madrid with their stars... Hopes the third movie was the best... Because it's the world cup!!!
Jonny C

January 10, 2012
A much better story than the original, but still lacked any real belief. Maybe if he had went to decent side like Utd it would've been better.
Rodrigo R

November 12, 2011
It's worse than the first, this is boring and confusing.
Marcus W

December 29, 2007
Part 2 in which Munez leaves Newcastle and goes to Real Madrid and is swallowed up in the glamour and forgets who he is until he happens to meet his long lost mother living just down the road. The first problem with this film is a lack of plot. What happens off the pitch is boring and tagged on while the other half is Real Madrid trying to win the Champions League - and they do thanks to Beckham who is EVERYWHERE in this film but never speaks. He just smiles or the camera admires his tattoos. Secondly, and considering this is aimed at football fans, apart from a bunch of people in Spain nobody wants to see Real Madrid win the Champions League.
Hamee
July 14, 2013
Munez gets everything that he wants and then starts down a destructive path that will lead to him losing everything. The sport really played a very small part in this story and I think the movie overall suffers because of this.
shiningstar44
June 28, 2010
the 1st 1 was still the better, it was a bit confussing at some points but then clears up by the end!! basically it was gr8!! hehe
StaisilD
April 22, 2007
Now a soccer sensation in England, Santiago (Kuno Becker) is offered a shot playing with Real Madrid. While he risks upsetting his fiancée Roz (Anna Friel), Santiago grabs the opportunity to join the superstar club. Now on a team with friend Gavin (Alessandro Nivola), not to mention David Beckham, Santiago soon proves his goal-scoring worth to his coach (Rutger Hauer), becoming a media superstar. With his ego on the rise, Santiago finds his fast-lane life alienates Roz, piques the curiosity of a whorish talk show host (Leonor Varela), ruins his relationship with agent/mentor Glen (Stephan Dillane), and provided competition with Gavin, who is coming to terms with age and athletic relevance. "Goal II" is an even simpler film than it predecessor. A featherweight mediation on the perils and buffoonery of success.
nina09
July 8, 2007
i love this movie and it had david beckham guest star in it and i liked that but i think this movie rocks
MeliBeli07
May 23, 2007
I loved it!! I was surprised that I enjoyed it since I liked the first one so much I thought this one wasn't gonna be as good but it really was. can't wait for the third one to come out.
July 4, 2014
The Story was not as good as the first one and kind of a downer, but, still great soccer action and great to see all the soccer celebs in this one
December 18, 2013
a nice sequel on the first Goal! but unless this is a great Spanish setting with the famous elements, it hasn't always the charm of part 1
August 12, 2013
Even thou that plot is cheesy and the acting is not that superb, If you are a hard core Real Madrid Fan, you are going to love this movie, I appreciate the dedication they took to recreate the matches and all the Galacticos that were part of it, this movie will go down in history of Real Madrid, the best team of all times!!
August 6, 2013
It's not as good as the first one but it's a little bit interesting
December 16, 2012
2nd best movie i ever seen
November 16, 2012
Love the play scene! Yet, even what happened with Munez in this movie was quite impossible in the real world, it was entertaining to watch all the scene
July 27, 2012
this movie was kinda good execpt the end esp wit real winning it!!! dont care if Santi is on there or what they never deserve it!
March 27, 2012
I love soccer and all, but this movie was just not entertaining